Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Old Mar 1, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: DL GM, AA PLT.
By way of possible added wrinkle, during the 6m grace period do you lose pre-check? It seems to have dropped off my boarding passes.
Old Mar 1, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by rpjepson
By way of possible added wrinkle, during the 6m grace period do you lose pre-check? It seems to have dropped off my boarding passes.
You should not. Did you renew before expiration date? PreCheck is not guaranteed. Did you check your reservation making sure your KTN was in it?
Old Mar 10, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
My wife and I both applied for our first renewals on Feb 17. She received her new card yesterday, while my application is still Pending Review. FWIW, my wife is a US citizen; I hold dual US and Canadian citizenship. My card doesn't expire until August, so I'm not yet overly concerned.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Originally Posted by alanro
My wife and I both applied for our first renewals on Feb 17. She received her new card yesterday, while my application is still Pending Review. FWIW, my wife is a US citizen; I hold dual US and Canadian citizenship. My card doesn't expire until August, so I'm not yet overly concerned.
congratulations for it happening so quickly.

Seems like there's two speeds
* US citizen, straightforward
* All other
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
I don't think it's that simple. I applied for both my wife and myself in January... she was approved in about a week and got her card a week after that. I'm still waiting. We're both Canadian citizens, both born in Canada, both visited the exact same country list, and we've both had Nexus passes an identical length of time. Even our birthdays are practically the same, we're just one day apart in late June.

My sister, also Canadian, had a baby in December, applied for a Nexus card sometime in January, and was approved again within a week and got the interview shortly afterwards. My wife and I had our baby 18 days later on January 6, I applied for a birth certificate the day he was born, and Nexus the day the BC arrived, on Jan 24, and his application, like mine, is still pending.

So it seems pretty random... new or renewal, you either get the random rapid approval or the months-long wait.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K / SPG Plat (100 Nights) / NEXUS
Any U.S. citizens do their renewal around mid-January 2019 have any luck so far? Mine expires next month in April, but from browsing through the thread seems like I should be hopeful I will some movement over the next few weeks.

I also have a dual-citizen (U.S./Canada) infant which I applied for in early February, under the "US" side. Sounds like I should have done it under the "Canadian" side since I'm seeing a lot of references where conditional approvals are happening very quickly though you would think technically, it wouldn't matter.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:51 pm

My card expired in November. Our son's card expired in January. I renewed both around February 16. Mine was approved today with no interview. Our son's was conditionally approved, so he will need an interview. He was a month old when we got his first one, so I suspect they need a new picture. We live in Florida, so we will have to figure out an appointment for him the next time we are visiting family in Canada. I was actually surprised how quickly both were approved.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: AS
I suspect that if you are a US citizen, the process moves along faster than if you are a Canadian citizen. #stillwaiting
shuuy likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by kyden
I suspect that if you are a US citizen, the process moves along faster than if you are a Canadian citizen. #stillwaiting
My situation is reversed ... My two kids and I (Cdn citizen) had interview on Nov 23,'18, approved and received cards a few weeks later. My wife (US/Cdn dual) had interview Dec 7,'18, approved but still waiting for her card, more than 3 months after. I'm sure the US Government shutdown plays a role in the delay somehow.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
US citizen, membership expired in December and I forgot to renew ahead of time so have not been able to use benefits since around the holidays.

Submitted renewal Jan 8, conditionally approved today Mar 18 with interview required. This is my first renewal.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
...ugh - 18 weeks and 5 days and still "pending".

Is there a fax number I could send a letter of enquiry?
Old Mar 20, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by shuuy
...ugh - 18 weeks and 5 days and still "pending".

Is there a fax number I could send a letter of enquiry?
From the "Need Help" link at the bottom of https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/:
Get Help On-line
Send us an email through our support portal at https://help.cbp.gov/app/ask. To ensure a faster response, please be sure to select "Trusted Traveler Programs" as your primary topic and then the subtopic that most closely describes your question.
shuuy likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
I applied for renewal Jan 14 for both my wife and I. As I mentioned above, my wife was approved and mailed a card in about a week. Mine was approved (no interview) on March 21.

So seems like some renewals get a random "fast track" while others are put in the slow lane.
Old Mar 26, 2019, 11:38 am

I applied for renewal on January 7, and got a conditional approval (interview required) March 14. This is my second renewal -- I didn't need an interview for the first one. The earliest available appointment at YYZ was mid-May, but yesterday I managed to snag a cancellation so now my interview is this week.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 7:15 am

Uggghhh ... Found out about my wife's Nexus renewal status a few days ago.

I called the Nexus info line (in Canada) at 1-866-496-3987 (https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nex...ation-eng.html) Got through quickly and gave the officer relevant info. She looked up and informed me the interviewing officers never completed the case (ie. close the case as complete), and so my wife's status sits in a "pending" status. My fault for thinking the government shutdown affected the legth of wait and not following up sooner. Hopefully the new card will arrive soon.

So, never hurt to call up and ask if it appears it takes too long for your card to arrive.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.