Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
Renewal...

Applied: August 31
Received email about approval without interview: October 10

The approval date was actually earlier. I created a TTP account and noticed that my expiration date was extended by five years this past Sunday, October 8. My best guess is that they approved me on Friday, October 6, unless they've started working on the weekends.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 1:32 pm

hey all,

i just renewed both my NEXUS cards on the website today.

what warrants needing to have an interview or not? my wife and i live in Atlanta and we're nowhere close to a NEXUS office so i'm nervous that we will have to have an interview since it would be quite a commute for us.

we will be in Toronto in January though, so it could work out I guess.

question for you all - is there any harm in booking NEXUS appointments in Toronto in advance? I'm worried that if i do need an interview and i found out late November, then the dates will be gone in January 2018. so can i book two appointments now for Toronto in January 2018 just in case? would appreciate any thoughts. thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Renewal

Applied: September 15
Approval w/out interview: October 23
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
I never have had to have a renewal interview and my husband has had two. Who knows why ?
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by col127
hey all,

what warrants needing to have an interview or not? my wife and i live in Atlanta and we're nowhere close to a NEXUS office so i'm nervous that we will have to have an interview since it would be quite a commute for us.

question for you all - is there any harm in booking NEXUS appointments in Toronto in advance? I'm worried that if i do need an interview and i found out late November, then the dates will be gone in January 2018. so can i book two appointments now for Toronto in January 2018 just in case? would appreciate any thoughts. thanks!
You can't book an appointment until you get notified of conditional approval. However, you may get lucky and they'll approve without an interview.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:07 am

Programs: MR (so far)
Applied for renewal on 18 September.
Approved without interview on 25 October.

Not bad!
Old Oct 26, 2017, 9:08 am

Programs: Hilton Gold Mariott Gold Aeroplan E25K SAS Gold NEXUS
Originally Posted by col127
hey all,

It's somewhat random whether you get selected for interview or not seemingly. For the January date if you have to schedule an appointment, if none are available, just keep checking a few times a day. People cancel / move appointments all the time, something will open up.

Also, if you're in Toronto you're about 1 1/2 hours from the offices in Niagara Falls NY and Fort Erie ON (probably closer to 2 hours for that one). You could easily rent a car and drive there in a worst case scenario - it's a very straightforward drive along the QEW highway; stop in Niagara on the Lake on your way, even in January it's a quaint place to visit (not my cup of tea but the Mrs. enjoys it, and they have food so . . .)
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:20 am

My wife just got her renewal approved. No conditional!

Applied: September 19
Approved: October 26

Looks like it's a little under 6 weeks for most people in terms of renewal time.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Renewal application submitted: approximately September 25 (will need to check)
Conditionally approved: October 26
Old Oct 27, 2017, 6:40 am

A bit different, but just for informational purposes:

Replacement Card Ordered: October 16
Replacement Card Arrived: October 23

No interview required
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:44 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Renewal applications for both myself and Mr. Fink submitted Oct. 23. Both approved with no interview required today, Nov. 20. Four weeks to the day.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
My Interview was Oct. 23, but no card has arrived yet. I had my prints taken again, but no iris scan needed.

I've sent an email to the public information officer link on the TTS.

Is there anything I should do in the meantime?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: Oz Diamond,
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
I wonder why I didn't need an interview and others/you did? I've had 3 job changes, and 3 address changes in the last 5 years. Actual international travel is minor, 3 trips to Australia, 1 to Canada, 2 to Mexico, and 1 to Italy. A crap ton of domestic travel, but I assume that doesn't factor in.
I don't know. I got a new picture taken during the interview and asked about my travel to Turkey and Mexico.

Polar Bear
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:35 am
ALW

For a renewal approved without interview, is the old Nexus card (not expired) still good, or does it become invalid when a new one is in process (like a passport)?

Also wanted to confirm that if the website says approved, with a 2023 expiry, that means no interview, and not just that the interview buttons are in a non-obvious place.

Thanks!
=aw
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by ALW
For a renewal approved without interview, is the old Nexus card (not expired) still good, or does it become invalid when a new one is in process (like a passport)?

Also wanted to confirm that if the website says approved, with a 2023 expiry, that means no interview, and not just that the interview buttons are in a non-obvious place.

Thanks!
=aw
Old card is still good. I used mine last night even though the new card arrived at my house a week or more ago. I haven't been home to activate it. So yes, the old card will still work after renewal is approved and new card issued.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.