Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2022, 11:20 am

Family of 3, original expiry Feb, May & Oct 2020.

Renewal applications done at various times in 2019. Conditional approvals received at various times after Mar 2020.

Initial interviews scheduled for Blaine on Dec 26, 2021.

Interviews cancelled in mid-Dec 2021.

Rescheduled interviews for Jun 19, 2022.

Motored up to Blaine yesterday afternoon, had renewal interviews with very friendly CBP officer. CBSA officer was all "Any questions? No? Ok thanks bye".

Approval emails received less than 30 mins later. Mrs. SouthernDiscomfort got the full 5 years of validity from next year's birthday. Mysellf and SouthernDiscomfort Jr got the 5 years from previous card expiry date. Guess we'll wait to see what the cards look like when they arrive.

Last edited by SouthernDiscomfort; Jun 20, 2022 at 11:22 am Reason: Spelling is hard :-/
Old Jun 21, 2022, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by advocate99
I had nearly the same experience.

Wife and daughter renewed Nexus in November of 2021. They were approved 5 weeks later with no interview required.

I submitted my renewal in late December of 2021 and am still pending review as of May 2022.

I've called a few times, but the people at the enrollment centers state that the application process is a black box, and to call them if it takes longer than a year.
I'm in the same boat... applied for my (2nd) renewal in November 2021, and as of June 2022, status is still "Pending Review."
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:58 am

Renewal submitted August 2021, still pending review. Been checking every week.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Nexus
Looks like there's a split between those getting five years from past expiry, and those getting five years from next birthday, with one of those splits within a family.

While calling might be an option, I'd almost expect it to be the same result as just about any call to CBP - "no, can't help you." If someone were to finally get them to do something, who's to say they wouldn't decide to fix the glitch in the other direction - resetting expiration dates in the other direction, cutting off a year or tow from a good number of people. That would be the logical choice for CBP, as it would increase revenue, and customer satisfaction is not one of their metrics.
NanQuaBell likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 3:55 pm
jix

Programs: Marriott Gold, JGC, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, AC 25K
Originally Posted by Cat Man Do
Looks like there's a split between those getting five years from past expiry, and those getting five years from next birthday, with one of those splits within a family.

While calling might be an option, I'd almost expect it to be the same result as just about any call to CBP - "no, can't help you." If someone were to finally get them to do something, who's to say they wouldn't decide to fix the glitch in the other direction - resetting expiration dates in the other direction, cutting off a year or tow from a good number of people. That would be the logical choice for CBP, as it would increase revenue, and customer satisfaction is not one of their metrics.
If conditional approval happens after original expiry date, then new expiry date is 5-6 years from date of interview approval to birthday
If conditional approval happens before original expiry date, then new expiry date is 5 years from original expiry date

Not saying above is the rule, but looks like is the case based on reading thru the threads.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 4:58 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM

So far, you are the only one has reported receiving five years from original expiration date. You will never know until you call.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Nexus
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
So far, you are the only one has reported receiving five years from original expiration date. You will never know until you call.
Not the only one. Southern Discomfort, Southerdiscomfort Jr, (1261) , Aksat (#1260), and nrgiii (#1244) report the same.
Old Jun 21, 2022, 10:53 pm

Not the only one. Southern Discomfort, Southerdiscomfort Jr, (1261) , Aksat (#1260), and nrgiii (#1244) report the same.
If you read their posts carefully, none have received their new NEXUS cards yet. So far, you are the only one who has received a new NEXUS card with a new expiration date five years from original expiration date instead of five years from next birthday.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 9:40 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
Applied for renewal July 2021.
Conditionally approved June 2022.
Applied as US PR but became a citizen after the renewal submission.

How long do I have again to schedule an interview?

Last edited by Nayef; Jun 23, 2022 at 9:53 pm
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:26 am
BTA

Programs: Fly: AA EXP UA Gold MM Stay: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat Drive: Avis PC, Hertz PC
Just completed my second renewal, and had to interview again...sigh

Application: April 2021
Conditional Approval February 2022
Interview completed June 2022

I activated my card today. Expiration is April 2027, 5 years after my previous card expired.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Nayef
Applied for renewal July 2021.
Conditionally approved June 2022.
Applied as US PR but became a citizen after the renewal submission.

How long do I have again to schedule an interview?
One year from your conditional approval date, it should be stated in your conditional approval email. TSA PreCheck will not be available two years from original expiration date, unless you have final approval before two years from original expiration date.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
One year from your conditional approval date, it should be stated in your conditional approval email. TSA PreCheck will not be available two years from original expiration date, unless you have final approval before two years from original expiration date.
What about GE?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:45 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Renew your NEXUS ASAP.
Thank you. I completed and submitted my renewal application on Sunday June 19 (noting that the next day was a Federal Holiday in the US). I just received an email today (Monday) that my application was fully approved with my new membership expiring on my birthday in 2028.
seawolf and Rare like this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 5:49 pm

How long is it taking for renewals? I submitted my renewal in march and now it's been 3.5 and the renewal is still pending...
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
Thank you. I completed and submitted my renewal application on Sunday June 19 (noting that the next day was a Federal Holiday in the US). I just received an email today (Monday) that my application was fully approved with my new membership expiring on my birthday in 2028.
Congratulations! It is so much easier if one renews before expiration date, preferably 364 days before expiration date. Now you are all set for another five plus years. Your new NEXUS card shall arrive between 7 and 10 days from final approval date. After receipt, do not forget to activate it.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.