Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Old Jun 16, 22, 5:40 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, AC, Nexus, TSA Pre
Originally Posted by 1KChinito View Post
Check your new NEXUS card. New expiration date shall be Dec 2027, five years from Dec 2022.
So you're saying the expiration date on the new card may not agree with the date shown on the TTP portal?
Old Jun 16, 22, 7:13 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by nrgiii View Post
So you're saying the expiration date on the new card may not agree with the date shown on the TTP portal?
That is correct. Scroll up and see post #1242.
Old Jun 16, 22, 7:59 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, AC, Nexus, TSA Pre
That is correct. Scroll up and see post #1242.
I saw that post but missed the part where the card and the TTP portal disagree. In that case which date is correct?

I will report what is shown on my card when I receive it.

nrg
sambagrrl07 and Didds like this.
Old Jun 18, 22, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Nexus
Originally Posted by Cat Man Do View Post
Renew as soon as you can. You never know what might happen.

My expiry date was 7/2020.
I applied for renewal 8/2019.
Conditional approval 3/2020.
Covid happened.
Interview 6/8/2022.
Approved 6/9.

New expiry date (on portal) is five years from original expiry date, 7/2025.

Please do let us know so we can share with other FTers. Thank you.
confirmed. Just got my card today. Expires 7/25, five years from last expiry, three years and about a month from approval.
Old Jun 18, 22, 6:46 pm

confirmed. Just got my card today. Expires 7/25, five years from last expiry, three years and about a month from approval.
Thank you for sharing. It seems odd that you did not get a full five years from your final approval. Let us see what nrgiii gets.
Old Jun 18, 22, 6:53 pm

Expiry date

Thank you for sharing. It seems odd that you did not get a full five years from your final approval. Let us see what nrgiii gets.
Yes I am very surprised too. My husband was caught similar to many with the pandemic postponing everything. His expiry was 2020 hit had applied for renewal in 2019. He received just shy of 6 years when he finally renewed. I believe they took it from his birthday 2023 (because we had passed that date for 2022) so his expiry is 2028. Interview was May 2022.
Old Jun 18, 22, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by NanQuaBell View Post
Yes I am very surprised too. My husband was caught similar to many with the pandemic postponing everything. His expiry was 2020 hit had applied for renewal in 2019. He received just shy of 6 years when he finally renewed. I believe they took it from his birthday 2023 (because we had passed that date for 2022) so his expiry is 2028. Interview was May 2022.
That is correct. As far as we know, it is five years from your next birthday. If you time it right, schedule interview one day after your birthday, you shall receive almost six full years.
zmb likes this.
Old Jun 19, 22, 10:33 am

I definitely did not. I got a full five years from my original expiration date, three years from final approval. Wild guess, maybe the fact that Id used Nexus to enter the US once or twice during the extension now counts, to them, as a full five years just because of usage.
Old Jun 19, 22, 10:47 am

I definitely did not. I got a full five years from my original expiration date, three years from final approval. Wild guess, maybe the fact that Id used Nexus to enter the US once or twice during the extension now counts, to them, as a full five years just because of usage.
In your case, exact reason is unknown. Most do receive five full years from their final approval.
Old Jun 19, 22, 2:01 pm

Expiry date

I would not think so. My husband and I crossed during his 720 day extension 2x and he still got the full 5 years (and then some) starting from his upcoming birthday as it stood at the time of interview/approval.

I would question that expiry date with them. That does not seem right.
1KChinito likes this.
Old Jun 19, 22, 7:16 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Sorry; I tried to scan the past few pages for this and didn't see it. My NEXUS expires in Jan '23 and this is what is listed for the next renewal:

NEXUS provides expedited processing for pre-approved low-risk travelers when crossing between the United States and Canada at designated lanes at land border ports of entry, self service kiosks at designated airports, or at marine reporting locations along the shared United States and Canadian border.

IncludesTSA PreCheck
I didn't see Global Entry listed; does NEXUS still include full (not just for US/Canada entries) Global Entry?
Old Jun 19, 22, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian View Post
Sorry; I tried to scan the past few pages for this and didn't see it. My NEXUS expires in Jan '23 and this is what is listed for the next renewal:

I didn't see Global Entry listed; does NEXUS still include full (not just for US/Canada entries) Global Entry?
Yes. Renew your NEXUS ASAP.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 22, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian View Post

Yes - Just entered via GE lanes at MIA in May.
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Jun 20, 22, 6:53 am

I second NanQuaBell's suggestion. Give your interviewing enrollment center a call. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose.
NanQuaBell likes this.
Old Jun 20, 22, 9:46 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Mariott Titanium UA Gold NEXUS
Original Expiry Nov 2020
Applied May 2020
Conditionally Approved: June 15, 2020, interview required, booked at Whirlpool in 2021 for 2022 when it looked like they'd open after other interviews cancelled
Interview June 17, 2022, approved about an hour later
New Expiry is showing Nov 2025, or 5 years from original expiry online but the card is not here of course yet. Was advised existing card remains valid and I used it to cross back on Whirlpool. I have used it several (many) times since July 5 last year when the quarantine rules changed in Canada.

The CBSA did not want to talk to me, CBP took my fingerprints again and a new photo (my old one was from 10 years ago as my intermediary renewal didn't require an interview, and, um, well I had more hair then), asked me to confirm information in my profile, and sent me on my way. The approval email came about 20 minutes later.

Search this Thread