Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2022, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by jmbjmbjmb
Canadian citizen, Jan 2023 expiry

Applied: 2022/04/19
Approved: 2022/04/24

35 days! Fastest renewal yet. No interview required.
I also expire Jan 2023 and was debating when to apply my renewal.

This will be my first renewal, was this your first? I'm debating if I need an interview to apply now. 6 months like I do a passport.
Old May 27, 2022, 9:10 am

Data point from husbands renewal.

Applied April 18 2022
Approved May 20 2022

No interview.
seapad likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 10:06 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Lifetime Titanium Elite, AC, UA Silver
Don't wait

Originally Posted by karensmith
I also expire Jan 2023 and was debating when to apply my renewal.

This will be my first renewal, was this your first? I'm debating if I need an interview to apply now. 6 months like I do a passport.
Renew as soon as your account is eligible. There is no benefit to waiting as once approved, your nex expiry date will be 5 years from your next birthday. My advice, get your renewal in now. :-)
karensmith likes this.
Old May 28, 2022, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by CraigerC
Renew as soon as your account is eligible. There is no benefit to waiting as once approved, your nex expiry date will be 5 years from your next birthday. My advice, get your renewal in now. :-)
Thank you will do!
CraigerC likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by jix
You're trying to use Nexus as a travel document and I think the airline system is rejecting based on expired date, which is fair/correct.

To check in, use passport instead of Nexus, and just add KTN number as it's a separate field to get PreCheck benefit.
Thanks for the tip!
Old Jun 7, 2022, 6:40 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
The saga has finally ended. I renewed in March 2020 (required interview) and we all know what happened after that. 2 weeks ago, I was able to grab an interview @ Niagara Falls (for yesterday) and after a quick conversation with CBP and CBSA, my TTP was updated with "Approved" in about an hour and hopefully should have my new card in 2 weeks. For reference point, my new expiration date is my birthday in 2027 (not 2025) so they are giving the full 5 years. The agent confirmed that they are still working through the 2 Million backlog. Good luck everyone.
CKDGM and PaulS86 like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by CraigerC
@CraigerC - thanks for tip. Husband's card expire in 5/2023, but we have a trip coming up in October this year. Would love to renew now, do you know if our renewal is still pending, is our current card still valid until the actual expiration date?
Also, I heard that couples can apply together, but mine expires in Nov 2023, can I apply with my husband now, too early?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by seapad
@CraigerC - thanks for tip. Husband's card expire in 5/2023, but we have a trip coming up in October this year. Would love to renew now, do you know if our renewal is still pending, is our current card still valid until the actual expiration date?
If your husband renews before expiration date, his NEXUS card will be valid two years from current expiration date.

Also, I heard that couples can apply together, but mine expires in Nov 2023, can I apply with my husband now, too early?

Thanks in advance.
You will be able to renew 364 days from current expiration date.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
If your husband renews before expiration date, his NEXUS card will be valid two years from current expiration date.

You will be able to renew 364 days from current expiration date.
Thanks! Confused with: If your husband renews before expiration date, his NEXUS card will be valid two years from current expiration date.
So I thought the card should be valid for 5 years, am I wrong? Vert confused. Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 8, 2022, 1:52 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by seapad
Thanks! Confused with: If your husband renews before expiration date, his NEXUS card will be valid two years from current expiration date.
Due to possible long wait for a full NEXUS renewal approval, anyone who renews before expiration date, his/her NEXUS membership will be valid two years from expiration date.

So I thought the card should be valid for 5 years, am I wrong? Vert confused. Thanks in advance!
Once fully approved, your NEXUS membership will be valid for five years from your next birthday.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Nexus
Applied for renewal 8/2019.
Conditionally approved 3/2020 (How's that for timing‽)
Multiple interviews cancelled.
In a stunning victory for Murphy, offices closed right after I made my April appointment, then re-opened one day after my cancelled April appointment.
Finally scored an appointment for today, 6/8/22.
Arrived 30 min early, finished and out the door 15 minutes later.
Should see approved status on the dashboard soon.

Not leaving the parking lot just yet.

Edit: finally left the lot after reading the FAQ that says approval may tare a day or two.

Final approval hit about 11am 6/9.
I’m good for another three years.
TechMarauder likes this.

Last edited by Cat Man Do; Jun 9, 2022 at 1:07 pm Reason: New info
Old Jun 8, 2022, 4:02 pm

Hi,

My Nexus card expired in July 2021 and renewed it in July 2020 and was conditionnally approved. I'm still within the 2 year benefit extension. I'M going for an interview. Could I use the Nexus lane when entering the USA with a expired card. Would it create an issue with the card reader? Just want to avoid any isssue.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 11:45 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Nexus
Originally Posted by domtarlsq
Hi,

My Nexus card expired in July 2021 and renewed it in July 2020 and was conditionnally approved. I'm still within the 2 year benefit extension. I'M going for an interview. Could I use the Nexus lane when entering the USA with a expired card. Would it create an issue with the card reader? Just want to avoid any isssue.
I used mine a couple of times while conditionally approved for renewal. Had my renewal interview today and was told I can continue to use my expired card until I receive and activate the new one.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Lifetime Titanium Elite, AC, UA Silver
@seapad regarding your couples comment, you may be referring to the interview process. Couples/families can interview together so long as they have back to back appointments. We did that without issue.
Use your card as normal - it will still function as usual during the renewal processing.
I have not seen anywhere on the TTP portal that you can start a renewal prior to 364 days from expiry, so I'm not sure where the other info is coming from about the 2 year thing. Expiry dates on renewal are 5 years out from the cardholders NEXT birthday.
As I suggested, just get your renewal in as soon as it is available on your TTP Dashboard.
Cheers.
seapad likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by TechMarauder
The saga has finally ended. I renewed in March 2020 (required interview) and we all know what happened after that. 2 weeks ago, I was able to grab an interview @ Niagara Falls (for yesterday) and after a quick conversation with CBP and CBSA, my TTP was updated with "Approved" in about an hour and hopefully should have my new card in 2 weeks. For reference point, my new expiration date is my birthday in 2027 (not 2025) so they are giving the full 5 years. The agent confirmed that they are still working through the 2 Million backlog. Good luck everyone.
Your update is encouraging but the "2 million backlog" is a bit disheartening - not much I can do but wait. By next week, 1 year and counting. I guess at least I have benefits for another year so can't really complain. It seems that it would have been efficient for them to put simple, straight forward renewals in a pile and get them in and out the door instead of piling them up. That's how we do things at work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.