Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2021, 12:55 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Applied months ago - original expiration date June 2021.
Just received conditional approval - interview necessary.
Old May 24, 2021, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by joanek
Applying for standalone PreCheck was offered up as a way of getting through US airport lines quickly this summer, as no one knows when Canadian borders will open for interviews. The clock is ticking - you're given a two year extension from your original expiry date (not the date of your renewal), so people with Feb 2020 expiry dates are extended only through Feb 2022 - 8.5 months from now.
Are you sure about that? At the top of my profile page it says:

Your application for the Trusted Traveler Program has been conditionally approved. You will need to complete enrollment within 730 days of the date of conditional approval.
This is for a renewal.

Last edited by PeteyNice; May 24, 2021 at 11:36 pm Reason: Add context
Old May 25, 2021, 12:04 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by PeteyNice
Are you sure about that? At the top of my profile page it says:
Your application for the Trusted Traveler Program has been conditionally approved. You will need to complete enrollment within 730 days of the date of conditional approval.
While the deadline to complete the enrollment interview was extended to two years from the conditional approval date, they never announced that trusted travelers' benefits were extended for longer than 18 months beyond the original expiration date.

Please refer to the following thread:
Old May 25, 2021, 9:46 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles; Hilton HHonors; NEXUS; National Emerald Club Executive
Mine also expires in June. I applied for renewal in early February, and it's still telling me to "Wait for conditional approval".

It does say there is a 24-month grace period in effect; I'm assuming that means I am good to go until June 2023. But it really is taking a long time.
Old May 25, 2021, 9:48 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles; Hilton HHonors; NEXUS; National Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by TWA884
While the deadline to complete the enrollment interview was extended to two years from the conditional approval date, they never announced that trusted travelers' benefits were extended for longer than 18 months beyond the original expiration date.

Please refer to the following thread:
On the TTP portal, it states the following: "Due to a significant increase in application volume, we are extending the grace period from 18 months to 24 months for any submitted renewal application. This means you will continue to receive full benefits for 24 months while U.S. Customs and Border Protection is finalizing your renewal application."

That does sound like the benefits are extended for 24 months, rather than 18. This is directly from the CBP NEXUS portal. The language is unclear, however, on whether that's 24 months from when your original membership expires, or from the date you apply for renewal.
Old May 26, 2021, 3:35 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by txviking
On the TTP portal, it states the following: "Due to a significant increase in application volume, we are extending the grace period from 18 months to 24 months for any submitted renewal application. This means you will continue to receive full benefits for 24 months while U.S. Customs and Border Protection is finalizing your renewal application."

That does sound like the benefits are extended for 24 months, rather than 18. This is directly from the CBP NEXUS portal. The language is unclear, however, on whether that's 24 months from when your original membership expires, or from the date you apply for renewal.
Grace period is for expiration. You don’t need grace period from renewal application date if TTP hasn’t expire.
Old May 26, 2021, 7:12 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Lifetime Titanium Elite, AC, UA Silver
Nexus Expires - Aug 2021
Applied for Renewal - Oct 24, 2020
Renewal Approved - No Interview - May 25
I'd expect to see the new card in the next week or so.
Old May 26, 2021, 9:57 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by txviking
I can't find it. Mind posting a link to that announcement?

Thanks
Old May 26, 2021, 10:07 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by TWA884
I can't find it. Mind posting a link to that announcement?

Thanks
It is on TTP if you have a renewal in progress.
TWA884 and txviking like this.
Old May 26, 2021, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
It is on TTP if you have a renewal in progress.
This is correct. The link is https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/dashboard -- but a login is required, and this announcement shows up specifically in conjunction with my NEXUS renewal application. I am not aware of a public policy announcement with the same wording.
Old May 26, 2021, 1:13 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by CraigerC
Nexus Expires - Aug 2021
Applied for Renewal - Oct 24, 2020
Renewal Approved - No Interview - May 25
I'd expect to see the new card in the next week or so.
Thanks for sharing. Perhaps they are now approving applicants three months before expiration date instead of one.
Old May 26, 2021, 3:07 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Thanks for sharing. Perhaps they are now approving applicants three months before expiration date instead of one.
Very YMMV. Submitted a renewal back in January 364 days in advance of expiration. Fully approved the very next day.
Old May 26, 2021, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
So here's my story:
NEXUS set to expire 10/2019 (I renewed in Sept 2019 with Conditional Approval - Interview Required)
Didn't have a chance to schedule interview before everything closed
On my TTP page, it shows conditional approval and to select interview before March 20, 2022

No issues with anything until last month when I suddenly didn't have PreCheck anymore. I called up the 877 number for CBP (Completely USELESS) they "escalated" the issue and I got a canned email back stating that they were sorry borders were closed... I really don't care about the borders, but I am traveling domestically again and want PreCheck. To make matters worse, since I have an active application open for NEXUS renewal (pending interview), I can't separately apply for GE,

Anyone have recommendations on options? Are there any other numbers to call to get a competent person who can help. At this point, I don't care about NEXUS as I won't be traveling much to Canada anymore, but I do want GE and PreCheck.

Thanks
Old May 26, 2021, 4:09 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by TechMarauder
So here's my story:
NEXUS set to expire 10/2019 (I renewed in Sept 2019 with Conditional Approval - Interview Required)
Didn't have a chance to schedule interview before everything closed
On my TTP page, it shows conditional approval and to select interview before March 20, 2022

No issues with anything until last month when I suddenly didn't have PreCheck anymore. I called up the 877 number for CBP (Completely USELESS) they "escalated" the issue and I got a canned email back stating that they were sorry borders were closed... I really don't care about the borders, but I am traveling domestically again and want PreCheck. To make matters worse, since I have an active application open for NEXUS renewal (pending interview), I can't separately apply for GE,

Anyone have recommendations on options? Are there any other numbers to call to get a competent person who can help. At this point, I don't care about NEXUS as I won't be traveling much to Canada anymore, but I do want GE and PreCheck.

Thanks
You should still have GE. Can't you apply for Pre separately?
Old May 26, 2021, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by seawolf
You should still have GE. Can't you apply for Pre separately?
Yes I can do that as long as it doesn’t screw up anything else. I have a card to get a rebate back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.