Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2021, 6:51 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles; Hilton HHonors; NEXUS; National Emerald Club Executive
Data point: I applied for renewal about three weeks ago. Norwegian citizen, US LPR. No conditional approval so far. The portal does state that due to the backlog, they're extending NEXUS privileges for a full year past the original expiration date while the application is pending, so I guess I can theoretically use it until June 2022 now.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 3:28 pm

I received conditional approval for my NEXUS renewal and when I go to schedule the interview, it only gives me the option to interview in Sweatgrass, MT; Pembina, ND; or Blaine, WA as far as US options are concerned. Is it not possible to do the renewal interview at another major US airport, such as LAX, SFO, DFW?
Old Mar 8, 2021, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Leopardz
I received conditional approval for my NEXUS renewal and when I go to schedule the interview, it only gives me the option to interview in Sweatgrass, MT; Pembina, ND; or Blaine, WA as far as US options are concerned. Is it not possible to do the renewal interview at another major US airport, such as LAX, SFO, DFW?
As a joint Canadian/United States program, NEXUS interviews can only take place at a location staffed by both Canadian and US immigration officials. These are generally Canadian airports or land border locations.
chrisny2 and TWA884 like this.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 5:04 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Where you interview the first time? Both CBSA and CBP need to interview you.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 6:41 pm

I was almost certain that I had done it in San Francisco the first time. Is that not possible? I definitely didn’t go to a border town. There’s a small possibility that I could have done it during a quick trip to Vancouver but I was pretty sure that it had been at SFO hmm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Where you interview the first time? Both CBSA and CBP need to interview you.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 8:34 pm
Original Member

I was almost certain that I had done it in San Francisco the first time. Is that not possible? I definitely didn’t go to a border town. There’s a small possibility that I could have done it during a quick trip to Vancouver but I was pretty sure that it had been at SFO hmm
Maybe it was a one-time special enrollment event?

Website is listing sites currently open. Many enrollment sites are not on the list due to COVID. The complete list should be here.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-centers

But to answer your original question, no sites at US airports. Most enrollment centers are on the US-Canadian border or Canadian airports with CBP Preclearance to facilitate interviews by both CBP and CBSA.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 1:21 pm

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
I applied to renew my Nexus last fall, was conditionally approved, but need an interview (of course no appointments avaialbe).

I now see the option to schedule a virtual interview (but there are no appointments from now until the end of schedule - so maybe they are just bringing that online).

I am concerned, though, as I just renewed my passport. I don't see an option to update my passport, hopefully it's not locked in since my application is in process. Anyone experience this before?
Old Mar 11, 2021, 3:14 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976
I applied to renew my Nexus last fall, was conditionally approved, but need an interview (of course no appointments avaialbe).

I now see the option to schedule a virtual interview (but there are no appointments from now until the end of schedule - so maybe they are just bringing that online).

I am concerned, though, as I just renewed my passport. I don't see an option to update my passport, hopefully it's not locked in since my application is in process. Anyone experience this before?
I don't think you will be able to update update passport info until the interview.
Old Mar 11, 2021, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by seawolf

But to answer your original question, no sites at US airports.
There was, IIRC, one minor exception. Located at a Seattle airport but unhelpfully for most at BFI and not at SEA. Not sure if it is still open notwithstanding the below.

Seattle Enrollment Center

Hours of Operation

Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:00pm

Address

U.S. Customs & Border Protection
7277 Perimeter Road, Suite 116, Seattle, WA 98108
NEXUS Enrollment Centers | Get NEXUS
Old Mar 11, 2021, 7:43 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
There was, IIRC, one minor exception. Located at a Seattle airport but unhelpfully for most at BFI and not at SEA. Not sure if it is still open notwithstanding the below.

NEXUS Enrollment Centers | Get NEXUS
Closed two years ago.

Originally Posted by otomik
Applied Online: March 20, 2018
Conditionally Approved: April 27, 2018
Interview originally scheduled: August 4, 2018 (Seattle)
Interview rescheduled: June 7, 2018 (Blaine)

I received an email stating the Seattle Enrollment Center will no longer conduct interviews as of July 23rd and that I'd have to reschedule at another location.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 1:24 pm

Programs: NEXUS, Aeroplan, SkyMiles, WestJet, IHG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Original NEXUS card due to expire: May 2021
Applied for renewal: 03 June 2020
Renewal approved: 16 March 2021
No interview required.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 9:06 am

Programs: nexus
Originally Posted by Croptop
Original NEXUS card due to expire: May 2021
Applied for renewal: 03 June 2020
Renewal approved: 16 March 2021
No interview required.
From the time that you applied for renewal and got approved, did they say you were 'conditionally approved'? and then on march 16, they switched you to 'approved'?
for most of us, after applying for renewal, they mark us as 'conditionally approved' like a week after receiving the application and now stuck in limbo with no interview slots even available.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by jtiu
now stuck in limbo with no interview slots even available.
for all types of Nexus interviews (new or Renewal) have been doing lots of Google search an came up with this ( just my take but hope wrong)
the Ge appointments do not involve Canada and are every related office through the country. This really involves us government for approval so has been going on and some virtual now.
Nexus is located close the the Can/USA border , for the most part and doing a search on the Canadian Nexus process shows that all their offices are and will be closed for the forceable future and some news story say that they’re not gonna be opened up until the Canadian US border opens up again, and the board is not gonna be opened up until Covid is well under control. (So maybe July 4 th/after this date )

so it makes sense that the American side should close all of their offices as well for Nexus since the counterparts are close and will not be processing their’s.

So guessing no appointments available until things get truely back to normal.

but I hope I am wrong as was to get my nexus feb 2020 and have not seen family ,in Canada since fall 2019
Old Mar 17, 2021, 11:10 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
From the time that you applied for renewal and got approved, did they say you were 'conditionally approved'? and then on march 16, they switched you to 'approved'?
for most of us, after applying for renewal, they mark us as 'conditionally approved' like a week after receiving the application and now stuck in limbo with no interview slots even available.
Some NEXUS and Global Entry renewal applicants receive final approval of their renewal applications without the need for an interview. "Conditionally Approved" means that an interview is required before the final approval of the renewal application.
Old Mar 22, 2021, 9:45 am

Programs: NEXUS, Aeroplan, SkyMiles, WestJet, IHG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by TWA884
Some NEXUS and Global Entry renewal applicants receive final approval of their renewal applications without the need for an interview. "Conditionally Approved" means that an interview is required before the final approval of the renewal application.
At no point between the time I applied and the time my application was marked as "Approved" was my application ever given a status of "Conditionally Approved".
I believe TWA884 's explanation is right on the mark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.