Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2020, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Read the following on another site. Can't vouch for its authenticity (supposedly came as a e-mail - I'm not up for renewal for another 3-4 years so didn't get it).

Dear NEXUS Member,

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) would like to provide you with a number of updates.

First, the CBSA would like to inform you that in response to the global pandemic of COVID-19, all NEXUS and FAST enrollment centres are temporarily closed.

As a result, all NEXUS and FAST interviews that were previously scheduled will be postponed. Applicants and existing members will need to reschedule interviews after the CBSA and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) resume joint enrollment operations. The date of re-opening is continually assessed in light of current travel restrictions and we invite you to visit the CBSA website for updates.

To reschedule your NEXUS or FAST interview appointment, please log into your online Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) System account. NEXUS and FAST members who submitted an application for membership renewal prior to the expiry date on the card will maintain their membership for 18 months beyond the expiry date.

Second, the Vancouver Urban Enrollment Centre for NEXUS and FAST interviews will not be re-opening to the public once COVID-19 restrictions are eased. Interviews may be scheduled at any of the other enrollment centres after they re-open, including at the nearby Vancouver International Airport or in Birch Bay, Washington.

Finally, as part of Canada’s efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19, all travellers – including those on exempt travel – are required to provide specific information upon entry into Canada. The recently launched ArriveCAN app enables you to submit your information up to 48 hours prior to your arrival. It reduces physical contact for a safer, faster border process. You can download it on your mobile device through the App Store or Google Play.

You are on exempt travel if you are entering Canada to provide: trade or transport services; essential services; cross-border services or medical services. If you have previously provided any of these services, but are now entering Canada for other reasons, you are not on exempt travel.

All travellers – excluding those on exempt travel – are required to isolate or quarantine for 14 days after entering Canada. At the border, you will need to provide details on where you will be quarantining. After crossing the border, you will need to check-in with the Public Health Agency of Canada about your symptoms, and confirm you are sticking with your quarantine plan. The ArriveCAN app will enable you to also submit this information.

Visit Current border measures and requirements for information about how COVID-19 is affecting travellers, border services, programs and business.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience through this process.

Sincerely,

Travellers Policy and Programs Directorate

Canada Border Services Agency
Old Sep 16, 2020, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Just got the letter as well
Old Sep 16, 2020, 3:58 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Also received mine this morning from NEXUS.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 4:35 pm

I received an email like that about Two weeks and mas had an appointment for YVR and it got canceled. My first appointment Was way back in the spring and had to reschedule like 5 times now as they got canceled for blane but was allow to Reschedule And then that shut right and tried YVR for end of Sept
Old Sep 16, 2020, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
I read on another website that DHS wants to standardise fees and has filed a notice in thr Federal Register. Both Nexus and GE will go up to $120 and SENTRI reduced $2.50 to $120..

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...i-programs-and

Last edited by YVR Cockroach; Sep 16, 2020 at 5:43 pm
Old Sep 16, 2020, 5:28 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
I read on another website that both Nexus and GE are going up to $120 (and SENTRI reduced $2.50 to $120). Not on the offical ttp site.but apparently on the U.S. Federal Register.

Here's one source:
https://travelingformiles.com/global...t-to-increase/
For indexing and future search purposes, please discuss the proposed NEXUS/Global Entry application fee increase in the dedicated thread which has a link to the proposed regulation.Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Sep 18, 2020, 7:14 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA blue
Just received the confusing email about the enrolment centre closure. I originally applied for renewal October 25 2019 and was conditionally approved July 1 2020 scheduled interview for September 7th then received notice the closure of the enrolment centre until September 8 2020 and rescheduled for October 9th now I'm not sure if my appointment will go ahead or have to reschedule as it sounds like they don't actually know when they will reopen the enrolment centre. Not sure why I was conditionally approved and not approved outright but the wait is nuts.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 9:57 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by oblender
I originally applied for renewal October 25 2019 and was conditionally approved July 1 2020 scheduled interview for September 7th then received notice the closure of the enrolment centre until September 8 2020 and rescheduled for October 9th now I'm not sure if my appointment will go ahead or have to reschedule as it sounds like they don't actually know when they will reopen the enrolment centre. Not sure why I was conditionally approved and not approved outright but the wait is nuts.
All applicants now have 545 days (18 months) to complete the enrollment process from the date that their application was conditionally approved. In the meantime, the Trusted Traveler Program benefits of members who applied for renewal before their membership expired will be extended for up to 18 months. In your case, you have until December 31, 2021, to complete the interview.

Please refer to the following thread for additional information:
Old Sep 24, 2020, 12:38 am

Both my kids have their Nexus renewal appointments booked at YVR on October 10. We received the same generic email which has a link to the CBSA website that indicates Nexus enrolment centers are closed until “at least October 5.” The TTP website still shows their appointments on October 10 as planned.

Has anyone received any specific notice via email or on the TTP website indicating that their appointment was cancelled?

It’s very confusing.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by jashah
Both my kids have their Nexus renewal appointments booked at YVR on October 10. We received the same generic email which has a link to the CBSA website that indicates Nexus enrolment centers are closed until “at least October 5.” The TTP website still shows their appointments on October 10 as planned.

Has anyone received any specific notice via email or on the TTP website indicating that their appointment was cancelled?

It’s very confusing.

my wife and I had the same appointments at YVR but for end of September and they canceled ours and had to reschedule and next available was early 2021.
hop you still keep your appointments and they not doing say a monthly by monthly thing.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 10:04 am

I checked and the next appointments available at YVR are in late June, 2021 which is a long time away.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by jashah
I checked and the next appointments available at YVR are in late June, 2021 which is a long time away.
exactly and at that says how many are going to them as was late feb like 3 weeks ago
Old Sep 30, 2020, 8:32 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Renewed July 29th, 2020
Approved today (September 30th, 2020), no interview required.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
Renewed September 29th, 2020. Checked website today and found my renewal was approved with no interview required. Never received an email about change of status. I renewed 5 years ago for GE and this is the first renewal for Nexus.
ChrisFlyer66 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 12:21 pm

Just received approval for my Nexus card renewal. Is a new card automatically sent to me? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.