Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Old Nov 23, 19, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by peroorim View Post
Me and my spouse are 5 months from renewal application and no change in status. Both of our Nexus have expired now. Realy hoping that something changes soon.
Did you find a number to contact?
Hi, you can call one of the following Canadian Processing Centres:
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nex....html#info-reg
Old Nov 24, 19, 2:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VS Silver, SPG Gold
Me, wife, and two teenagers applied for renewal 11/17. Kids approved 11/21, wife approved 11/22. No interviews needed. As noted above Iím stunned at this short approval time.

Mine of course has no status change, so I figure several months to balance out the averages.
Old Nov 25, 19, 7:20 pm

Still waiting, put in my application August 14, 2019 and still havenít seen any changes. Is there an a number I can call on the American side to see what the delays are?
Old Nov 25, 19, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Similar situation. Applied June 30th and still pending review. My current doesn't expire until the end of March and applied during the US shutdown mess so feel like I'm low priority and stuck in limbo. I've essentially resigned to waiting until the new year. With Nexus you'll have to to call one of the joint operated sites like https://usa.immigrationvisaforms.com...erview-centers

Originally Posted by o2junkie View Post
Still waiting, put in my application August 14, 2019 and still havenít seen any changes. Is there an a number I can call on the American side to see what the delays are?
Old Nov 27, 19, 1:03 am

Programs: Frontier 100K, AC SE100K, BA Gold, WN A-/CP, Hyatt Globalist
renewed two people June 2nd 2019

Conditional approval letter, inferview required email letter arrived November 11 2019
Old Nov 29, 19, 7:30 am

Programs: AC 75K/Marriott Platinum Elite
Does it take longer for a renewal to process when a card has already expired? Do they require interviews if you've let it expire? I crossed with my family this week at Queenston/Lewiston, and didn't realize my sons card had expired earlier this month (!). I used our nexus cards, even though it wasn't a NEXUS lane. The CBP officer took his card and said we had to renew (since it was already expired not such a big deal).

Does it generally take longer to renew if you've let it expire? I applied for a renewal online right away, and the new system had all of his old membership info still.
Old Nov 30, 19, 3:41 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Well here's a data point

Expired nexus applied to renew August 11. Just got renewal confirmation that
November 29. No interview despite significant changes.
Old Dec 2, 19, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA GS
Nexus will expire end of year. Applied for renewal in early July. No news
it’s my second renewal and nothing has changed in the past 10 years.
wonder if there is any logic to it???
Old Dec 3, 19, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by lpbucw View Post
I crossed with my family this week at Queenston/Lewiston, and didn't realize my sons card had expired earlier this month (!). I used our nexus cards, even though it wasn't a NEXUS lane. The CBP officer took his card and said we had to renew (since it was already expired not such a big deal).
Ouch. I realize it doesn't apply here, but did the officer even seem to know about the six-month extension for pending renewals?

Mine recently expired (judging by the way this thread is going I seem to be one of many summer applications in limbo), and this is roughly the interaction I'm afraid of even if in theory I'm supposed to be good. (I'm certainly not using it as TSA ID anymore, either, as the level of training there seems immeasurably worse.)

BTW, my experience using a NEXUS card in a regular lane, even with non-NEXUS people in the car, seems to be that we have a much faster interaction and are on our way. Definitely the preferred border ID to use even if you aren't using the NEXUS-specific privileges.
Old Yesterday, 8:04 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
Hi, you can call one of the following Canadian Processing Centres:
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nex....html#info-reg
As I am now at the 5 month point without change to the " Pending Review" status, I called the number this morning.
I was told that some renewals are taking up to 7 months, and that they would not look into it until 7 months
have passed from the date of the renewal application.

Search this Thread