Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:56 pm

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
We just did renewals August 20 and they were approved yesterday (14 calendar days).
Old Sep 4, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100K, NEXUS, IHG Rewards
I did the online renewal on Sunday Aug 4 and received my card in the mail today (Sept 4).
Old Sep 6, 2019, 8:07 am

Programs: UA 1K; AC 50K; Marriott Titanium
Applied for renewal mid May with an expiry on August 18 and it is still pending for me. Used my card successfully for GE, TSA Precheck and CBSA. Only thing that caused an issue was the check-in terminals with Air Canada for a flight to the US that would "read" my Nexus card and had to use my passport. Check-in agent said that it's because the card is expired and the reader will refuse to accept it.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by kiloohm
Applied for renewal mid May with an expiry on August 18 and it is still pending for me. Used my card successfully for GE, TSA Precheck and CBSA. Only thing that caused an issue was the check-in terminals with Air Canada for a flight to the US that would "read" my Nexus card and had to use my passport. Check-in agent said that it's because the card is expired and the reader will refuse to accept it.
Does NEXUS have the same grace period of 1 year as GE as long as you renew before it expires?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by benny08
Does NEXUS have the same grace period of 1 year as GE as long as you renew before it expires?
Yes it does, but AC likely has not programmed that grace period into their own kiosks.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:05 pm

In my case my membership had expired, I have a new address, new job, and new citizenship. So I expect an interview....

I wonder if an expired membership falls under a high priority queue or an extra slow priority queue....

I submitted my application August 18th so it's only been three weeks so far.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mnbp
Yes it does, but AC likely has not programmed that grace period into their own kiosks.
It probably doesn't/couldn't know if you were in the renewal process, or if you let it expire - so it wouldn't let you use it as a travel ID. It can only look at the card's expiration. Benefits for everything else would be extended.

I applied for renewal Jul 12, still haven't gotten anything back. Dec 30 expiration. I'm guessing there's some prioritization going on for those expiring sooner based on others' reports.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 5:25 pm

I've been monitoring this thread since mid June to gauge when to expect my renewal approval. First time renewing, applied mid June. New change of address and countries visited. Still pending. I told myself I wouldn't get concerned until mid September. Mine expires mid December. Will actually be entering in to the US on the date of expiry which could be fun.............
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:27 am

Programs: AAPLT, SK/G, A3/G
Jest found this thread because I applied for my 2nd renewal exactly a year from expiration a week ago on 8-31. Clearly I have a long wait ahead... FML
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: AC*SE100K 1MM, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Originally Posted by PhotoJim
Our second renewal. We processed our online renewal applications on August 20. We got emails yesterday advising of a change in status - a login revealed "approved". No interviews necessary.
14 calendar days. Not terrible at all.

Canadian citizens who cross the border monthly, if it matters.
Wow, I just got my notification for approval with no interview, but it took 4 months. Look like they have caught up.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
Originally Posted by ben1979
Jest found this thread because I applied for my 2nd renewal exactly a year from expiration a week ago on 8-31. Clearly I have a long wait ahead... FML
I did mine a week and a half before you did (about two weeks after my one-year-from-expiration point), and it only took 14 calendar days, so there is hope. It probably depends on how deeply into your background they care to go this time around.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 8:24 pm

I've also been monitoring the thread. Applied for our first renewals on Sept 6 for myself and daughter, got approvals tonight (Sept 11). US citizens living in Canada. No interviews required, but we had already gone in last year (YUL) to get her fingerprints and iris scans added. I've also been into YYZ a few times prior over the years to update passports and immigration docs.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:54 pm

Programs: DL DM
Been monitoring the thread as well. Applied mid May, membership expired in mid June. Not my choice to apply this late but some USCIS screw-up delayed my renewal. Been waiting since. I cross the border quite frequently. It has been amusing to see the machine claiming my membership will expire in -89 days.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 12:43 am

Programs: AAPLT, SK/G, A3/G
Originally Posted by PhotoJim
I did mine a week and a half before you did (about two weeks after my one-year-from-expiration point), and it only took 14 calendar days, so there is hope. It probably depends on how deeply into your background they care to go this time around.
3 Passports. My initial interview took over an hour, renewal 4 years ago also took an hour+. In the last 4 years since the last renewal I moved to Europe for school and back, added 3-4 places to live, and 20+ countries.

I guess I am in it for a long ... wait. FML.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: DL DM
Applied May 16, approved Sept 17. 125 days.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.