Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Nexus Renewal Processing time

Anyone have recent experience with NEXUS renewal times. Mine is up on my birthday in November and was thinking about when to do the application process.

Thanks as always.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 3:51 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

No harm in applying early.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 9:46 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Yeah, I applied early. Its been about a week now, and still Pending Review.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 1:09 am

Approval today, about 11 days later.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Here is my NEXUS renewal timeline:

Online Renewal Application - June 21st, 2015
Email Approval Notification – August 7th, 2015
Received Card in Mail – August 21st, 2015

Jenn
Old Sep 16, 2015, 3:00 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

This is a followup to my Nexus Renewal application where I was required to re-interview for reasons unknown.

I was conditionally approved in May, for a September expiration. I was able to use Nexus even after expiration as I was conditionally approved. (This is confirmed with verbal confirmation from Nexus Central Admin Office)

I scheduled a September 8am at Nexus YUL (Montreal)
Arrived at 7:40, handed documents to the Canadian desk agent and told to wait until 8am. I was the first patron of the day.

Around 8am, USA CBP agents strolled in with Dunkin Doughnuts and Tim Horton trays.

At 8:10am, I asked about my appointment and was told, Canada did not need to see me, but USA CBP wanted to re-interview me. I was then told USA does not come on the clock until 8:30.

At 8:30am, I was approached by the USA CBP team leader and told they need to catch up on emails and will see me closer to 9am.

At 8:55am, I was invited into the team leaders office, my photo was taken, and my fingerprints redone. I was asked to show proof of my mailing address which I wasn't asked to do in the approval letter, but I did via a bank statement on my phone. I was asked if I had any convictions. I replied no and I was approved.

At 9:00am I left. I had to pay parking at YUL of $21CAD (lowest) for a 5min meeting. (YUL charges $5CAD for 20min blocks)

Over all I am extremely disappointed in this process.
1. I was asked to re-interview, as the system requires this for a random sampling.
2. I waited over an hour, because USA employees start AFTER my scheduled interview.
3. My interview really wasn't an interview and was largely useless.
4. The team leader was in the office from 8-9am and only processed 1 person? Government efficiency at it's finest.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
I applied for NEXUS renewal on 8/25 and it's still Pending Review. My passport changed last year with renewal, and I changed jobs just days before applying to renew NEXUS in August.

Is it possible that these items are causing further scrutiny? I wonder if they might be more likely or less likely to trigger needing another in-person interview.

Or maybe there was just a bottleneck given the delays reported upthread by others who applied that week?
Old Oct 16, 2015, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
I applied for NEXUS renewal on 8/25 and it's still Pending Review. My passport changed last year with renewal, and I changed jobs just days before applying to renew NEXUS in August.

Is it possible that these items are causing further scrutiny? I wonder if they might be more likely or less likely to trigger needing another in-person interview.

Or maybe there was just a bottleneck given the delays reported upthread by others who applied that week?
New application for myself and my wife on Aug 27th, and neither of us have heard anything - still "Pending Review". It seems like most people are conditionally approved in 6-7 weeks. I am a US citizen, wife is green card holding Canadian.
Old Oct 18, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
Nexus Processing time-Renewal

Mod-please move if needed. I wasn't sure if this should go in the GE processing time thread.

I applied to re-new my Nexus card on 9/11/15 (Hmmm.. just realized I picked an interesting day to do that).

Checking GOES site regularly and as of today still says pending, after what 5 wks.

What's the norm for Nexus renewals? Anyone have any data points?

I'm hoping I don't have to go for an interview but I guess any movement would be better than this waiting.

Thanks
Old Oct 26, 2015, 9:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK Elite, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by BMWMOT
Mod-please move if needed. I wasn't sure if this should go in the GE processing time thread.

I applied to re-new my Nexus card on 9/11/15 (Hmmm.. just realized I picked an interesting day to do that).

Checking GOES site regularly and as of today still says pending, after what 5 wks.

What's the norm for Nexus renewals? Anyone have any data points?

I'm hoping I don't have to go for an interview but I guess any movement would be better than this waiting.

Thanks
I applied around then (13 Sep, I think?), and I'm still seeing mine as pending as well.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 4:22 pm

Applied (for renewal): September 3
Approval (no interview required): October 27 (7.5 weeks)
Card received: November 2

Last edited by kchen; Nov 2, 2015 at 9:25 pm
Old Nov 3, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: United 1K, Air Canada P25K, Nexus
Hi guys,

First time poster but I've been lurking in these threads for a while.

I was a new applicant and applied for NEXUS August 29th. I got my conditional approval on October 22, so it was about 7.5 weeks. From what I understand people who applied ~September 8th are just getting approved today, so pretty consistent with the wait time. You will probably hear from them this weekend .

Good luck!
Old Nov 5, 2015, 9:23 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott LTP
My Nexus renewal took about 7 wks.
Applied: Sept 11
Approved: Nov 3
Card Rec'd: tbd

Letter said my application was approved and I can use my card once it's activated. This was a renewal so I guess I'm keeping the same Nexus number just with a new card and new expiration date. There was no mention of needing an interview so I should be good to go!?
Old Nov 13, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: Lifetime Marriott Plat, UA 1K, Avis First, National Emerald Exec.
Renewal Application date: Sept 24
Approval: Nov 10

I was surprised that it just said I would be sent a new card. I thought I read here that people had to interview again...
Old Nov 26, 2015, 1:10 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Renewal
Applied: October 15
Approved: November 21
No interview needed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.