Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Old Mar 29, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Originally Posted by vn33
She looked up and informed me the interviewing officers never completed the case (ie. close the case as complete), and so my wife's status sits in a "pending" status. My fault for thinking the government shutdown affected the length of wait and not following up sooner. Hopefully the new card will arrive soon..
Did they make a commitment by when they would move the file forward? Has it progressed since the phone call?
Old Apr 2, 2019, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by shuuy
Did they make a commitment by when they would move the file forward? Has it progressed since the phone call?
The officer did say she will open the ticket and have the file closed (completed). I checked the status of the file a day or two afterwards and see that the status has changed to "Approved"
shuuy likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
Got my card 8 business days after approval.
shuuy likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K / SPG Plat (100 Nights) / NEXUS
Smile

Originally Posted by Kermee
Any U.S. citizens do their renewal around mid-January 2019 have any luck so far? Mine expires next month in April, but from browsing through the thread seems like I should be hopeful I will some movement over the next few weeks.

I also have a dual-citizen (U.S./Canada) infant which I applied for in early February, under the "US" side. Sounds like I should have done it under the "Canadian" side since I'm seeing a lot of references where conditional approvals are happening very quickly though you would think technically, it wouldn't matter.
UPDATE: Renewal application around mid-January 2019. Conditional Approval for renewal on Friday, March 22nd, 2019. Interviewed on April 1st, 2019 in Blaine, WA. (U.S. Citizen only).

Still waiting on infant daughter's initial application, applied early-February 2019. (U.S. and Canadian Citizen).
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:52 am

Datapoint. Canadian citizen, applied for second renewal Feb 8, still no change. So 8 weeks. Expires April 15, but I understand I'm still good for 6 months after that.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Datapoint. Canadian citizen, applied for second renewal Feb 8, still no change. So 8 weeks. Expires April 15, but I understand I'm still good for 6 months after that.
That is correct. Next time, mark your calendar to renew 364 days before expiration.

Wish you good luck.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
That is correct. Next time, mark your calendar to renew 364 days before expiration.

Wish you good luck.
Yup, lesson learned. The wife is on it for hers and the sons, applying well in advance!

Question: post expiry date, while it is still valid for 6 months, can use still use Global Entry Kiosks and Nexus lines?
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:07 am

Yup, lesson learned. The wife is on it for hers and the sons, applying well in advance!

Question: post expiry date, while it is still valid for 6 months, can use still use Global Entry Kiosks and Nexus lines?
Yes to all.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 11:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I am trying to do my renewal online and keep getting the following error even though my US passport is in the system for being able to enter the USA. I tried emailing their support portal twice and calling where after 10 minutes of useless phone menus I was deposited into a voicemail box that was full. Any suggestions on how to fix this, or reach someone who can?

Old Apr 7, 2019, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
I am trying to do my renewal online and keep getting the following error even though my US passport is in the system for being able to enter the USA. I tried emailing their support portal twice and calling where after 10 minutes of useless phone menus I was deposited into a voicemail box that was full. Any suggestions on how to fix this, or reach someone who can?

NEXUS 866-496-3987

Global Entry 855/873-4637

Wish you good luck. Please come back and keep us updated so others will benefit in the future.
shuuy and bocastephen like this.
Old Apr 7, 2019, 10:29 pm

Programs: Nexus
I applied for first renewal of nexus for myself, my wife and two children in January this year. The two kids (19 and 14 years) got approved and cards came in the mail. But both me and my wife have got interviews this week. Anyone can help with the questions that both the US and Canadian officers will ask?. We are US citizens. How to prepare for the interviews?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Now at 21 weeks 5 days and I've learned a couple more things
  • If it's longer than 12 weeks call and inquire
  • If you apply online, your US risk assessment gets done first
  • If you apply with paper your Canadian risk assessment gets done first
  • After an assessment gets done someone needs to create a "ticket" for the next desk to move it.
My US risk assessment was done 1 week after I last called (at week 18) ... but no one created the ticket for the Canadians do to anything with it.

We will get there - in the mean time, APEC lines for me
LCUF likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:21 am

Update. Approved April 10. No interview required. Looks like my replacement Nexus card, good to April 2024, is in the mail.
shuuy and milski like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Inti1
I applied for first renewal of nexus for myself, my wife and two children in January this year. The two kids (19 and 14 years) got approved and cards came in the mail. But both me and my wife have got interviews this week. Anyone can help with the questions that both the US and Canadian officers will ask?. We are US citizens. How to prepare for the interviews?
They'll just confirm your info...there's not really anything you can do to prepare.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 7:31 pm

Ha! Mine expires tomorrow as well. Renewal submitted on 2/24, so far still pending...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.