Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Old Apr 9, 2014, 5:57 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Renewal application submitted: 2/17.
Renewal application approved: 3/31.
Card arrival date: 4/5.

No renewal interview was required for me.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 12:11 pm

I applied for my renewal last Thursday (april 10) and it still says pending approval. hopefully I won't have to go thru the interview again because all the info is still the same as 5 yrs ago
Old Apr 20, 2014, 12:31 pm

Nexus Renewal

And here is my experience - I have been waiting 44 days now for renewal. Nothing has changed since my expired card was issued 5 years ago. I applied March 6th and since then it has shown pending on the GOES website.

The sad part is I took a completed application in an addressed envelope to the YVR Nexus when I went to have an iris scan done mid-December. I asked the fellow if he could take it and after looking it all over and seeing it was completed correctly, he said no problem. It disappeared and so I completed the application on line after waiting some time.

Maybe I'll be lucky next week.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:48 pm

Hooray - got my renewal acceptance today but I do have to go for an interview. I used the interview scheduling link on the website and was first given May 26. Went back a few hours later and was able to reschedule for Sunday, April 27th. I didn't realize they were open on Sundays.
Old May 5, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I originally posted in the Nexus Information Thread before realizing this thread existed so I'm reposting here.

I'm coming up for renewal on my Nexus card this year so I thought I'd try to document the process for those interested. Hopefully I'll remember to come back at each stage to update things. FYI, I am a Canadian citizen so all comments are from that perspective.

April 22 - Received email notifying me that my Nexus membership will be expiring soon and I should renew it via GOES.

April 23 - Submitted renewal application via GOES website late in the evening.

April 24 - Checked GOES website. Renewal status shown as "Pending Review"

May 5 - Checked GOES website. Renewal status still shown as "Pending Review"

May 12 - Checked GOES website. Renewal status still shown as "Pending Review"

May 26 - Received email notifying me my status has changed. Checked website: conditional approval received. Interview required.

Scheduled interview for August 23 (a few slots available earlier in August but I need a weekend appointment). Will probably check back frequently to see if something earlier on a weekend opens up.

Last edited by Gogie; May 27, 2014 at 7:09 am
Old May 30, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Reposted to update and bump

I originally posted in the Nexus Information Thread before realizing this thread existed so I'm reposting here.

I'm coming up for renewal on my Nexus card this year so I thought I'd try to document the process for those interested. Hopefully I'll remember to come back at each stage to update things. FYI, I am a Canadian citizen so all comments are from that perspective.

April 22 - Received email notifying me that my Nexus membership will be expiring soon and I should renew it via GOES.

April 23 - Submitted renewal application via GOES website late in the evening.

April 24 - Checked GOES website. Renewal status shown as "Pending Review"

May 50 - Checked GOES website. Renewal status still shown as "Pending Review"

May 12 - Checked GOES website. Renewal status still shown as "Pending Review"

May 26 - Received email notifying me my status has changed. Checked website: conditional approval received. Interview required.

May 26 - Scheduled interview for August 23 at YYZ (a few slots available earlier in August but I need a weekend appointment).

May 30 - Checked available interview slots online and snagged June 7 (Saturday) at YYZ! While I was checking I noticed that slots would appear and disappear very quickly.

June 7 - Had renewal interview. Very quick and painless. Just confirmed a bit of personal info, updated fingerprints and took new photo. Received email confirming approval of my renewal before I left YYZ! 7-10 business days for new card to arrive in mail.

Last edited by Gogie; Jun 7, 2014 at 1:27 pm
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
I've pending review for a month on my renewal.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 1:19 pm

Waiting Times are growing?

Partner and I applied for renewal of Nexus 5/5 and 5/6 -- still pending approval.

So we are at 6 weeks.

Curious as to how some people are getting renewed without having to go for an interview.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 3:55 pm

Approval!

Just on 6 weeks -- May 5th & 6th to June 17th.

Received full approval for our renewal -- the letters stated the cards would arrive and we can activate them -- then we are good to go.

No interview required, thank goodness. Wasn't looking forward to the high wait times for the interview process.

Will see what the time is for the delivery of the new cards.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:56 am

I asked at the NEXUS office at YUL this morning, and they mentioned that it could take up to four months (!). However, they also confirmed that the current cards could be used pending finalization of the renewal.

Another guy jumped in to the conversation to say that his renewal from beginning of April had just been approved and that he had luckily snagged one of the interview spots today.

Just a few more data points for the discussion....
Old Jun 24, 2014, 11:12 am

Our process:

5 year Renewals -- US perm residents (2 different citizenships).
Original interviews were done in Seattle.

Applied for Renewal: May 5/14 and May 6/14
Full Approval Received: June 17/14
Letter came from Seattle Office.

No need for Interview.

Cards arrived June 21/14
Activated and all set for another 5 years or so.

Not sure what is triggering the "re-interview". They probably look
at the consistency of your usage of your card(s). Both our passports had been renewed in that time frame but not our Green Cards.
Then again, maybe the Green cards actually help, as we've been vetted so many times through the system(s).

Originally Posted by okazon69
I asked at the NEXUS office at YUL this morning, and they mentioned that it could take up to four months (!). However, they also confirmed that the current cards could be used pending finalization of the renewal.

Another guy jumped in to the conversation to say that his renewal from beginning of April had just been approved and that he had luckily snagged one of the interview spots today.

Just a few more data points for the discussion....
You're application seems to taking a bit longer then recent posts would suggest. Some people have had luck in calling directly to find out exactly where their renewals were in the process. For instance, many have had sudden movement after their calls. Good luck.

Last edited by TWA884; Feb 24, 2018 at 1:29 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member
Old Jul 22, 2014, 6:41 pm

It took me 2 months for renewal approval and the same thing is happening now for my niece who is also doing a renewal. Just hang in there - it will happen.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 4:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Renewal (with required appointment)

Application to conditional approval: 2 business days
Walked in to interview at Canadian NEXUS office in Montreal (after emailing them same day, they said ok to come in)
Waited about 45 mins.
Did interview.
Interview to full renewal approved: 3 business days.
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
Renewal (with required appointment)

Application to conditional approval: 2 business days
Walked in to interview at Canadian NEXUS office in Montreal (after emailing them same day, they said ok to come in)
Waited about 45 mins.
Did interview.
Interview to full renewal approved: 3 business days.
Does a NEXUS renewal always require another interview? My GE renewal went through without one, but I was wondering if that was just random.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: AC*SE
I applied for renewal of my Nexus online the evening of Jan20 and was just notified that it was approved today (Jan23). Basically less than 72hr turnaround time - I'm impressed, especially given all the changes in my info since my last application (new address/province, employment, new passport etc).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.