Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

NEXUS / Global Entry - How to Update Passport Information?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2015, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P

I logged into my GOES account to update my passport number, however, cannot find the area to do so. Anyone have any suggestions?

On the left I see a few options but none pertaining to changing my passport number. I can also click Manage Membership under the Trusted Traveler Program, however, it doesn't allow me to change any info.

Thanks!
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by Townshend
I logged into my GOES account to update my passport number, however, cannot find the area to do so. Anyone have any suggestions?

On the left I see a few options but none pertaining to changing my passport number. I can also click Manage Membership under the Trusted Traveler Program, however, it doesn't allow me to change any info.

Thanks!
Click "Update Documents" on the left of the screen.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Originally Posted by dustman81
Click "Update Documents" on the left of the screen.
Thanks! Interestingly I do not have that option though..

Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Did you submit an application recently? If so, you need to update your passport at the interview.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 3:27 pm

I've only seen that open on Nexus. I have not seen it on GE.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dustman81
Did you submit an application recently? If so, you need to update your passport at the interview.
Good point. I have an open ended NEXUS interview that I skipped and never rescheduled as it is no longer necessary for me. Sounds like a plausible explanation. I'll try and swing by the GE office tomorrow.

Thanks!
Old Apr 23, 2015, 4:30 pm

I have the exact same problem. There is no "Update Documents" option on the left side.

I've had Global Entry since 2012 and just got a new passport but cannot figure out for the life of me how to update the information!

Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:23 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by SBAguy
I have the exact same problem. There is no "Update Documents" option on the left side.

I've had Global Entry since 2012 and just got a new passport but cannot figure out for the life of me how to update the information!
Have you tried Change Profile?
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:09 pm

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I also do not have the option to change my documents. I have an application that's stuck in processing so I assumed that's my issue, but looks like that may not my issue?

And the 'Change Profile' link only lets me edit contact info, and nothing else.
Old May 1, 2015, 10:26 pm

Programs: Global Entry
We have GE and it shows up under "update documents" on the left hand side.
Click on that, then the screen you come to has Passports with a small box right below it to change passport. I know it works because I just did it a couple months ago.

Old May 2, 2015, 10:16 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Okay, I figured it out.

Here's the link to the page:
https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/main/goes/UpdateDocumentsPreAction.do

I do not have the link on my main page. I did a little trial and error, but figured it out in the end. You need to log in first, get to the main page (where it shows your status and all the links) and copy that URL and go from there. Otherwise it may give you can error.

Last edited by alphaod; Jun 8, 2015 at 7:54 pm Reason: Realized posted wrong link...
Old Jun 21, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Experience with Passport Renewal after GE Renewal ..precheck implications

Question

I have recently renewed GE and will need to renew my passport later this year. I just want to confirm the places this new passport number will need to be updated. I'm thinking it's in the GOES GE site and on my FF account page. Anyone had experience with precheck after a passport renewal? Do all the systems really work together!
Old Jun 21, 2015, 10:42 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
I renewed my passport two years ago. I forgot how I updated that on GE (perhaps on GOES). I was able to continue using GE. I have also been using TSA Pre without any problem.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 10:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You should be able to update your information online through GOES. Now that CBP no longer places a GE sticker in passports, there is no need of an in-person visit. The passport renewal should have no impact on your KTN and thus on Pre-Check.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Great. Thanks for the responses. The process seems to keep evolving. I do remememver the CBP sticker from the first time, and although my husband and I both did GE renewals at the same time, he was randomly chosen for an interview and I was not. You indicate that passport renewal has no impact on KTN and precheck. This is as long as GOES is updated, correct? My AAd vantage account also has a passport number. The trusted traveler number doesn't change with GE Renewal. What is pas s port number used for by the airline? OLCI if available?

I'm guess I'm wondering why the passport number changes each time doesn't seem to make sense or need to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.