Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Card Name Error

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, UA,AA
Global Entry Card Name Error

Just received my GOES card and the middle name is spelled wrong.

I went onto the GOES site and pulled up my information where the middle name is spelled correctly. The name error was caught two weeks ago right after the interview when I got home and saw it on the GOES site. I called back to the airport and they changed it. It then reflected the correct name and I though all was good until today when I got the card.

Can I assume the information used for TSA Pre is what is on the site and not the GOES card? I likely won't need the card, but would like the information they use to be correct for TSA Pre-check. Tried calling CBP but no luck on this answer.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
There is no such thing as a GOES card. GOES is a web-based application system used for applying for various trusted traveler programs, including Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, and FAST.

Do you mean your Global Entry card?

Yes, you should be good to go as long as the system shows your name correctly online. If you are worried about it, swing by an enrollment office at the next convenient opportunity and ask an officer.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:45 pm

Programs: CO Plat
GOES Card Name Error

Not exactly the same but related.

I had an error in my name on my global entry card as well. My first and last name were switched. It took a while before I noticed it. I went back into the GOES system and saw it was actually wrong on my account too. It never raised a flag on the initial approval nor interview stage and no one said anything. Additionally it did not interfere with getting precheck at all before it was fixed.

I walked into an enrollment center where they were able to fix it in their system and told me not to bother ordering a new card. They said they check multiple variations of the name on your GOES account and that the important thing was that the name on your admissibility and citizenship documents was recorded correctly in their system. The name on your global entry card is drawn from the name on your GOES account not the name in your global entry application and documents.
dstan likes this.

Last edited by rt1flea; Jan 9, 2015 at 10:51 pm
Old Jan 10, 2015, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, AMEX Plat, UA,AA
Originally Posted by rt1flea
The name on your global entry card is drawn from the name on your GOES account not the name in your global entry application and documents.
Thanks. So I can assume that the correct middle name as spelled in my document shown on-line on the GOES site is what will be used to do TSA Pre name matching?
Old Sep 26, 2015, 11:04 am

Error on GE card

I received my GE card via the mail. The card has my maiden name which is different than the married name on my passport. How do I fix this error? When I called the CBP airport that processed my application they told me the card is not used; the passport is linked to my card number.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by mgdmason
I received my GE card via the mail. The card has my maiden name which is different than the married name on my passport. How do I fix this error? When I called the CBP airport that processed my application they told me the card is not used; the passport is linked to my card number.
Take a copy of your marriage license and your GE card to a Global Entry center. They should be able to fix it.

You should get it fixed as this will affect your Precheck eligiblity. If your name in Secure Flight doesn't match the name on your GE card, you won't get Pre.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 11:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dustman81
Take a copy of your marriage license and your GE card to a Global Entry center. They should be able to fix it.

You should get it fixed as this will affect your Precheck eligiblity. If your name in Secure Flight doesn't match the name on your GE card, you won't get Pre.
Shouldn't it be the name in the GE records rather than the name on the card that matters for Precheck? Still, if the OP wants to use the GE card as backup photo ID, the name should match the name she used for travel. OTOH, some people might find it useful/convenient to have some ID in the maiden name and other ID in the married name, for instance in case a mistake is ever made in booking tickets.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 1:04 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Shouldn't it be the name in the GE records rather than the name on the card that matters for Precheck?
Yes.

Originally Posted by dustman81
I've seen situations for multiple people where this kind of thing has not resulted in a decline/elimination in PreCheck LLL outcomes. The SecureFlight info matching the KTN tied info is what matters more than what is on a GE card, when it comes to PreCheck.

Last edited by GUWonder; Sep 26, 2015 at 1:10 pm
Old Jul 13, 2017, 3:24 pm

Global Entry Application - Last Name Misspelled

Hello,

I recently applied for Global Entry. I have already submitted my application. However, right at the payment confirmation page, I noticed that my last name was misspelled throughout the application. It is misspelled by omission of a letter, i.e., it's missing a letter. Would that be grounds for a denial? I called GOES and they said to get it changed during the interview IF they conditionally approve me and he didn't know if they would conditionally approve me based on the typo either.

If anyone has any insight, it would be great.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
I would email to get a response in writing in case your initial application is denied for "missing or inaccurate information". Then at least you have a statement from them to use for appeal.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Yoshi212
I would email to get a response in writing in case your initial application is denied for "missing or inaccurate information". Then at least you have a statement from them to use for appeal.
What should I email them? is it the ombudsman that I should email to?

Also, should I send a scanned copy of my passport in the email showing them proof of name?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:08 am
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Calling CBP Global Entry office gives quick fix to name typo

Originally Posted by rt1flea
Not exactly the same but related.

I had an error in my name on my global entry card as well. My first and last name were switched. It took a while before I noticed it. I went back into the GOES system and saw it was actually wrong on my account too. It never raised a flag on the initial approval nor interview stage and no one said anything. Additionally it did not interfere with getting precheck at all before it was fixed.

I walked into an enrollment center where they were able to fix it in their system and told me not to bother ordering a new card. They said they check multiple variations of the name on your GOES account and that the important thing was that the name on your admissibility and citizenship documents was recorded correctly in their system. The name on your global entry card is drawn from the name on your GOES account not the name in your global entry application and documents.
Bumping for new datapoint. Had a similar problem with Lil Miss dstan's GE card, where I'd misspelled her first name in the application (it is correct on her passport, of course). Called the CBP GE office at Bowling Green in NYC where we'd had her 'interview', officer picked up right away, I explained problem, was put on hold for a minute, and she came back and said they would correct it in the system, no need for new card as she is not going to be driving across the border (for many years!) ^

Phone numbers available here: https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-centers
TWA884 likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: IHG Spire A, HH Diamond
Global Entry - Wrong Name

I just went through the whole GE process (application, conditional approval, interview, approval) for my 3 month old child. Today, the card arrived, but to my surprise, the first name and last name are reversed. I went back to check the application and sure enough, they are reversed there as well. So it seems to be my error and not theirs.

Any suggestions what I should do next? I tried reading through all the documentation but haven't found anything how to fix this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Ask for help from CBP:

Get Help On-line

Send us an email through our support portal at https://help.cbp.gov/app/ask. To ensure a faster response, please be sure to select "Trusted Traveler Programs" as your primary topic and then the subtopic that most closely describes your question.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: IHG Spire A, HH Diamond
Thank you so much! I guess this was too obvious for me to find.
Lets see what happens next.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.