Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
I’m not quite ready to raise the hoax flag but there are a couple of aspects to this story that don’t quite make sense. I’m having a lot of trouble with CBP making the phone call in the first place. If indeed they were somehow alerted to an ongoing investigation I doubt they would tip the government’s hand by making such a call. I had a subordinate who, along with her husband, was under FBI investigation for contract fraud. Nobody in our agency knew anything about it until her husband was arrested and charged. We immediately went to the FBI about potentially removing her from her position which involved Federal contracts. They basically told us to “sit down and stay out of the way”. We were directly and firmly told we should take no action and say nothing about this to her. In hindsight it became clear she was a suspect and still under investigation. Turned out she wasn’t involved at least not to the point where any charges were ever filed against her but her husband spent seven years in Federal prison. I find it hard to believe that the OP has not been questioned by the FBI, USPS, or DEA prior to CBP making a call out of nowhere.
Boraxo and nancypants like this.

Last edited by Randyk47; Apr 15, 2019 at 9:30 am
Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:15 am

Programs: AA++
Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
I don't think four trips to Mexico would trigger a revocation. Did the revocation letter give any indication of why you were revoked? If you don't know the reason, a redress inquiry is probably your only viable option.
Redress. Meaning getting a redress number? Then, reapply for GE?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
I don't think four trips to Mexico would trigger a revocation. Did the revocation letter give any indication of why you were revoked? If you don't know the reason, a redress inquiry is probably your only viable option.
Don't think this will work...
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by Randyk47
Im having a lot of trouble with CBP making the phone call in the first place.
FWIW - based on my understanding, CBP routinely makes phone calls when conducting secondary inspections to ensure the aliens' story check out.

Also - OP's status at GOES confirmed what was told by the phone call that the GE was indeed revoked.

So yes, the call might be alarming but seem legitimate.

If indeed they were somehow alerted to an ongoing investigation I doubt they would tip the governments hand by making such a call.
The detail was unknown. It would be possible that the investigation has been completed. CBP decided to revoke GE based on risks.

I find it hard to believe that the OP has not been questioned by the FBI, USPS, or DEA prior to CBP making a call out of nowhere.
The primary agencies in this case is USPIS and/or ICE.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If the story is true, then OP has hopefully consulted a lawyer who told OP to stop talking / writing about the incident. If the story is a hoax, then OP is off chuckling.

The least of OP's worries, if the story is true, is whether his GE is revoked.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 2:17 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note

Folks,

On FlyerTalk, you are expected to be helpful. Please post in a friendly, respectful and welcoming manner. Unfriendly posts are not allowed. If you don't have something constructive to contribute to a thread, please do not post.

Comment on the worthiness of others' posts are neither friendly nor welcoming and are prohibited. If you can't be helpful or contribute substantive content to this thread, please refrain from posting (FT Rule 12.1).

Please get back to discussing what, if anything, the OP can do to get his Global Entry restored and stop speculating about whether this is a hoax, how the CBP informs members of Global Entry revocations and which law enforcement agency is responsible for investigating the transgressions that may have resulted in the OP's GE status being revoked.

Future posts that violate any of our posting rules and/or don't adhere to these guidelines will be summarily deleted. Repeat offenders will be subject to discipline.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:16 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by ssg10
Redress. Meaning getting a redress number? Then, reapply for GE?
https://www.dhs.gov/dhs-trip

If you do a redress inquiry they will review your situation and possibly reinstate your GE if they see you are a victim of mistaken identity.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 12:50 pm

But, my name is pretty much very unique name. Not like Barry Johnson or John Smith. Does redress work for this?
Old Apr 19, 2019, 10:27 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But, my name is pretty much very unique name. Not like Barry Johnson or John Smith. Does redress work for this?
It might, it might not. It really depends on what your issue is. If you are mistakenly listed on a derogatory list, DHS TRIP may help get you removed from that list or may help un-confuse you with someone on that list. If a determination has been made by CBP that you are not a low risk traveler, DHS TRIP will not help with that. In either case, watchlist or risk, CBP will just tell you that you don't meet the program criteria because you can't demonstrate that you are a low risk traveler. So you really don't know without trying. But odds are you aren't on a watchlist.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Ari
It might, it might not. It really depends on what your issue is. If you are mistakenly listed on a derogatory list, DHS TRIP may help get you removed from that list or may help un-confuse you with someone on that list. If a determination has been made by CBP that you are not a low risk traveler, DHS TRIP will not help with that. In either case, watchlist or risk, CBP will just tell you that you don't meet the program criteria because you can't demonstrate that you are a low risk traveler. So you really don't know without trying. But odds are you aren't on a watchlist.
Thanks. So, what is my best bet now? I am thinking to send a letter to ombudsman with certified mail, instead of online "reconsider" option, and explain my excessive trips to mexico (4x last year) are for vacation and provide dates, hotels, and persons i was with. This is more of a blind way, since I do not know why I "do not meet eligibility anymore". I can do FOIA, but I read in FT forums, it might come back with nothing. My best bet is it is due to precaution of my travel pattern. Any comment is appreciated.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, what is my best bet now?
Do nothing. The success chance is slim to none in nature.

I am thinking to send a letter to ombudsman with certified mail, instead of online "reconsider" option, and explain my excessive trips to mexico (4x last year) are for vacation and provide dates, hotels, and persons i was with. This is more of a blind way, since I do not know why I "do not meet eligibility anymore".
No difference. Remember - GE is a risk based discretionary program.

I can do FOIA, but I read in FT forums, it might come back with nothing.
Many records you are seeking will fall within the FOIA exemption.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by garykung
...Many records you are seeking will fall within the FOIA exemption.
Youve made some patently incorrect statements on this subject before. Opinion should be presented as opinion, not incontrovertible fact especially when the facts are lacking.

In my case, this is coming from someone whos been through the entire, multi-year, FOIA process specifically pertaining to global entry denial with a specializing attorney and went to federal court on the matter.
ssg10 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Youve made some patently incorrect statements on this subject before. Opinion should be presented as opinion, not incontrovertible fact especially when the facts are lacking.

In my case, this is coming from someone whos been through the entire, multi-year, FOIA process specifically pertaining to global entry denial with a specializing attorney and went to federal court on the matter.
Could you share more about this experience of yours? I searched this three snd could not find.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 2:37 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by 747FC

Could you share more about this experience of yours? I searched this three snd could not find.
@JonNYC answered a very similar question of yours back in 2017 in the Global Entry Denial Recourse thread:
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Originally Posted by 747FC
Well, I have been proved wrong. Care to share more about your denial and appeals process, and how the FOIA request helped?
If you scroll up a few posts you'll see my mention of it, as well in previous pages and other thread(s) where I've posted some of the details-- but right upthread is the most recent I posted about it:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27775224-post163.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27800849-post168.html

But the process is neither quick nor all that simple, I used a lawyer to coordinate everything and it took well over a year-- closer to two. Still, in my opinion, if there's something lurking in one's records that they don't know about, could be worth finding out. Especially "in this day and age". My records were heavily redacted, but one could easily get the gist of things.
JonNYC and 747FC like this.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 12:52 pm

Success Appealing a Revoked Global Entry Membership?

I successfully applied for GE last year. I have two old arrests (DUI changed to a traffic violation of lane violation, the DUI was dropped/nolle prosequi) and an attempt to purchase alcohol 20 years ago when I was 18 that was also dropped and also subsequently expunged). I disclosed these at the time of my application and the officer even asked me about them. I was approved and all seemed well with at least TSA pre-check but with my first international trip, I got the "X" when I came into the country and didn't understand why. The officer at the airport didn't know either. This happened again and again no one knew why and I had an impossible time getting a hold of anyone with the GE program on the phone. I then noted that my TSA pre-check was not happening. I logged onto my CBP account and I see may GE was revoked in March (I never got an email or don't recall seeing it). They note these two arrests and asked for final documents/disposition. I just sent those in but found this whole thing unusual/odd. I don't think two dismissed arrests and a traffic violation would cause revocation and certainly nothing has happened recently or even within the past 10 years.

Has anyone had a similar story and actually had GE reinstated? How long did it take to respond? Do I have to go back for an interview?

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited by JoeP22613; Apr 29, 2019 at 1:22 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.