Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Old May 20, 22, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by sj9 View Post
Greetings everyone,
First time poster here. I received notice 3 weeks ago that my membership was revoked and I was advised to send a letter to the Ombudsman for reconsideration. The notice directs me to the DHS website to file a response but I cannot locate a way to do so. I found an email address from an article online but I am not sure this is the correct way. Does anyone have any information on how to send my appeal letter? Any advice is appreciated!

There should be a button to appeal on your GE portal.
Old May 20, 22, 11:37 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by sj9 View Post
Greetings everyone,
First time poster here. I received notice 3 weeks ago that my membership was revoked and I was advised to send a letter to the Ombudsman for reconsideration. The notice directs me to the DHS website to file a response but I cannot locate a way to do so. I found an email address from an article online but I am not sure this is the correct way. Does anyone have any information on how to send my appeal letter? Any advice is appreciated!
The CBP Ask us a question web page has a revocations "applicable issue" category.
Old May 21, 22, 9:27 am
sj9

Originally Posted by Amil View Post
There should be a button to appeal on your GE portal.
Thank you! It showed up once I cancelled my re-application.
Amil likes this.
Old May 21, 22, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP.
anyone have luck getting sentri when GE has been revoked? lol
Old May 24, 22, 8:40 pm

As of May 2022, I will chime in:

- I had Global Entry (GE) approved when I first applied in 2017.
- My Global Entry is expiring in 2022 and I submitted for renewal.
- I was approved in April 2022 and even received a new GE card
- Come May 2022, I received a notification that my GE have been REVOKED for

" You do not meet program eligibility requirements due to Customs or Agriculture violation(s)."

I have no idea what this mean. I don't travel often (internationally or domestic) and I have NEVER been arrested by CBP or fined by them. I have no criminal record - if it does, it will show up in my employment background check since they check for federal and state criminal record.

I DO have speeding ticket from decades ago and I am an immigrant from a Muslim country, but I have lived in the US for almost 30 YEARS with no criminal records. I am a US citizen and in order to get that, the US government will do a comprehensive check.

Given that I HAD GE for 5 years and now revoked during renewal:
- Anyone know if there was changes in CBP process to suddenly start revoking previously approved application?
- What the violation referring to?
Old May 25, 22, 5:36 pm

ChuckieCheese
Welcome to the club,

Your situation and circumstances is almost identical to mine.
To answer your question yes there was a recent change that caused many revocations and denials in recent years, on June of 2019 the OIG released a report titled "CBP's Global Entry Program Is Vulnerable to Exploitation"
w.oig.dhs.gov/sites/default/files/assets/2019-06/OIG-19-49-Jun19.pdf

I believe this triggered some internal policies changes that caused many participants to be revoked and denied sometimes for no real reason.
In your case since they stated the reason is a Customs or Agriculture violation(s). I would submit a FOIA request and when it comes back showing no violations submit the results and appeal to the CBP Ombudsman.

Good luck.
Old May 25, 22, 7:53 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by salahsx View Post
That's a broken link; here is a working one:
Old May 25, 22, 7:58 pm

ChuckieCheese
Welcome to the club,

Your situation and circumstances is almost identical to mine.
To answer your question yes there was a recent change that caused many revocations and denials in recent years, on June of 2019 the OIG released a report titled "CBP's Global Entry Program Is Vulnerable to Exploitation"

I believe this triggered some internal policies changes that caused many participants to be revoked and denied sometimes for no real reason.
In your case since they stated the reason is a Customs or Agriculture violation(s). I would submit a FOIA request and when it comes back showing no violations submit the results and appeal to the CBP Ombudsman.

Good luck.
Thank you. Some follow up questions:

1. FOIA request can take up to 106 days. I though the appeal to CBP Ombudsman is only valid for 30 days after revocation. Is that true?

2. In your case, were you able to get the FOIA, appeal and then get GE?

3. Assume I cant get GE no matter what, am I still eligible for PreCheck? Or am I banned for life? If the interviewer asked me about Custom and Agriculture violation, I dont know what to say since I dont even know what its all about in the first place.
Old May 26, 22, 11:27 am

ChuckieCheese

1. FOIA request can take up to 106 days. I though the appeal to CBP Ombudsman is only valid for 30 days after revocation. Is that true?
My FOIA request took 200 days and didn't reveal much, but a month after submitting my request I
Hired an attorney and he submitted another request on my behalf and got a response within 45 days with a lot more information.
The 30 days is for the option to appeal to a GE office supervisor. if you want to go that route I recommend making an appointment and going in person to speak to the supervisor

2. In your case, were you able to get the FOIA, appeal and then get GE?
I submitted my appeal package a few weeks ago it's pending review, this could take up to 9 months.

3. Assume I can’t get GE no matter what, am I still eligible for Precheck? Or am I banned for life? If the interviewer asked me about “Custom and Agriculture violation”, I don’t know what to say since I don’t even know what it’s all about in the first place.
The process and standards for TSA Precheck are a lot different, after my GE was revoked I applied for Precheck got a biometric appointment the next day and approval email the third day.
There's no interview or questions you just bring your identification take a picture and get fingerprinted, the whole thing took about 10 minutes not a single question.
1KChinito likes this.
Old Jun 6, 22, 10:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, IHG ambassador spire elite, AA platinum
Sentri revoked.

Well my sentri was revoked Dec 2021. Didnt know untill coming back from San Ysidro feb2022. Detained and card revoked.

I figured it could only have been one thing. Criminal case that was dropped.

Reconsideration sent Feb 2022. Included all court docs showing dropped and expungement order.

received notice June 2022. Sentri reconsideration approved. Sentri approved .

still my card was confiscated so Im going to travel back and forth without the card untill they return it. Havent been able to get anyone on the phone that knows what to do.
Old Jun 6, 22, 11:39 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by nbirnbaum2 View Post
Well my sentri was revoked Dec 2021. Didnt know untill coming back from San Ysidro feb2022. Detained and card revoked.

I figured it could only have been one thing. Criminal case that was dropped.

Reconsideration sent Feb 2022. Included all court docs showing dropped and expungement order.

received notice June 2022. Sentri reconsideration approved. Sentri approved .

still my card was confiscated so Im going to travel back and forth without the card untill they return it. Havent been able to get anyone on the phone that knows what to do.
If your Sentri's expiration date is 364 days or less, apply for renewal. A new card will be sent to you after full approval.
Old Jun 8, 22, 11:30 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, IHG ambassador spire elite, AA platinum
Originally Posted by 1KChinito View Post
If your Sentri's expiration date is 364 days or less, apply for renewal. A new card will be sent to you after full approval.

They appear to want an interview on the renewal which will take quite a while, at least a year before they will give a new card. I cant cross without it.

They said my old card would be given an auto extension for 2 years as long as I renew before expiration and to apply for a replacement card.

They said the one they took was destroyed and they would not waive the replacement fee.

I was basically given a big piss off from San Ysidro

Its become one of those issues where its not worth going at them over.

I can eat the fee, Write it off, or file for compensation and file a civil suit. For 25 bucks its not worth my time.
Old Jul 29, 22, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by mikeef View Post
I'm keeping this going just in case anyone needs the information at some future point.

After 2 months of missing forms, back and forth, etc., I finally connected with someone in my Congressman's office. Nice guy, but not particularly hopeful for me. He told me that CBP not at all transparent about why they do what they do, so the best he could do was submit the request to his contact and see if he could get any information.

On the plus side, I have my shiny new PreCheck number (since I don't know what impact my GE revocation had on Pre) and I'll get to try it out next month.

Mike
Well, it gets increasingly interesting. Recently hopped across the land border from Vermont into Canada with some friends. On the way back, the CBP Agent ran my passport and then asked me if I had ever had any trouble going across the border. No? Never? Come with us, we have a few questions.

After which, I spent 2 hours inside the little CBP hut while my family waited in the car. Yes, we talked about my revoked GE earlier this year. They spent the time asking me about my past travel, including a trip in 2019 to Singapore/Thailand to go to my brother-in-law's wedding (Later, they tried to trip me up by asking about my brother's wedding and I quickly corrected them.). Went through my phone and looked at all the pictures of my kids and whatever else happened to be on there. Asked me more questions about where I'm from, where I've lived, etc.

Nobody would tell me why I had been pulled aside and I'm not sure whether the fact that I'm the single most boring human being on the face of the Earth made it better or worse.

And ultimately, they just let me go. They told me that my passport had been flagged, but that it didn't say why. I don't believe that latter part, but whatever. On the plus side, the CBP agent did say that this should clear up whatever caused my GE to be revoked.

So on to the next thing.

Mike

ETA: Needless to say, my Congressman's office was not able to do anything for me.
Old Jul 29, 22, 11:12 am

This is very interesting, I feel like they might have a system that flags some travelers to some Asian countries such as Thailand hopefully they were satisfied with this interview and you can get back your GE.
Old Jul 30, 22, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
This is very interesting, I feel like they might have a system that flags some travelers to some Asian countries such as Thailand hopefully they were satisfied with this interview and you can get back your GE.
Thanks, thats what I was thinking. Oddly, my wife was with me and has even more extensive travel in Asia than I did, but didnt get flagged.

Mike

Search this Thread