Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2021, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
For those that have had GE revoked for no reason as mine was (post #277), it is possible to reapply and, in my case at least, be granted conditional approval.

I reapplied in January and was approved yesterday.
1KChinito, ChrisFlyer66 and 747FC like this.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
My Global Entry was revoked and I can't figure out why

Hi all,

It's been a while...

I'm wondering if this is better off in TravelBuzz, but I'll at least start it here.

I got an email from our friends at Trusted Traveler with an "update" to my application. That's never a good sign, since I haven't applied in years. Sure enough, when I opened the notification, it told me that my GE had been revoked. The actual language was "We regret to inform you that your membership in Global Entry has been revoked for the following reason(s): You do not meet program eligibility requirements." They then gave me a long list of reasons of why it might have been revoked. None of those applied, i.e., I haven't been arrested, haven't changed my citizenry, never got stopped by CBP for trying to smuggle an orange across the border, etc. In fact, I've only had one flight in the past two years and it was domestic.

The lack of information is maddening (although not surprising). One agent told me that I should file a FOIA request and that she would send me the documents to help (She didn't.). There's nothing on the site that's helpful, no further explanations and, of course, nothing detailing how long an appeal would take. Needless to say, I feel entirely helpless, to the point where I called my Congressman's office to get involved (That was today, so it may be a few days.).

1) Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may have happened or what avenue to pursue?
2) Will this affect my Clear status at the airport? I don't mind the GE as much, since I'm not going internationally anytime soon, but the lack of pre-check is a killer.

Thanks,
Mike
Old Jan 3, 2022, 3:53 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Hello mikeef,

I merged your post into the relevant thread.

Your best option is probably to appeal to the ombudsman, please refer to the Global Entry Denial Recourse thread for the particulars.

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jan 3, 2022, 4:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mikeef
Hi all,

It's been a while...

I'm wondering if this is better off in TravelBuzz, but I'll at least start it here.

I got an email from our friends at Trusted Traveler with an "update" to my application. That's never a good sign, since I haven't applied in years. Sure enough, when I opened the notification, it told me that my GE had been revoked. The actual language was "We regret to inform you that your membership in Global Entry has been revoked for the following reason(s): You do not meet program eligibility requirements." They then gave me a long list of reasons of why it might have been revoked. None of those applied, i.e., I haven't been arrested, haven't changed my citizenry, never got stopped by CBP for trying to smuggle an orange across the border, etc. In fact, I've only had one flight in the past two years and it was domestic.

The lack of information is maddening (although not surprising). One agent told me that I should file a FOIA request and that she would send me the documents to help (She didn't.). There's nothing on the site that's helpful, no further explanations and, of course, nothing detailing how long an appeal would take. Needless to say, I feel entirely helpless, to the point where I called my Congressman's office to get involved (That was today, so it may be a few days.).

1) Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may have happened or what avenue to pursue?
2) Will this affect my Clear status at the airport? I don't mind the GE as much, since I'm not going internationally anytime soon, but the lack of pre-check is a killer.

Thanks,
Mike
It shouldn't impact CLEAR, but you probably lose TSA PreCheck which you get from your GE membership.

Can you apply for PreCheck now in order to get the faster TSA airport security lines until this is (hopefully) straightened out? It's $85 for five years, but many of the better credit cards will pay for it.
Old Jan 3, 2022, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It shouldn't impact CLEAR, but you probably lose TSA PreCheck which you get from your GE membership.

Can you apply for PreCheck now in order to get the faster TSA airport security lines until this is (hopefully) straightened out? It's $85 for five years, but many of the better credit cards will pay for it.
Thanks MSP, that's what I plan to do. I've got a bunch of cards that will pay for it.

I'm just trying to figure out why it was revoked in the first place.

ETA: After reading through this thread, I'm thinking manufactured spending concerns may be the issue, but that's simply a guess.

Mike

Last edited by mikeef; Jan 4, 2022 at 8:15 am
Old Jan 15, 2022, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Update: Per suggestions in this thread, I applied and was approved for TSA PreCheck, which will take care of domestic airport security. I'm accepting the fact that I may never know why Global Entry disappeared. My FOIA request turned up nothing (They told me that they didn't have any documents with my name on them.), and I remain convinced that my GE got shot because of manufactured spending activities. Man, talk about unintended consequences...

Mike
Old Jan 15, 2022, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Update: Per suggestions in this thread, I applied and was approved for TSA PreCheck, which will take care of domestic airport security. I'm accepting the fact that I may never know why Global Entry disappeared. My FOIA request turned up nothing (They told me that they didn't have any documents with my name on them.), and I remain convinced that my GE got shot because of manufactured spending activities. Man, talk about unintended consequences...

Mike
Did you have any luck with your local congressional representative?
Old Jan 15, 2022, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I'll let you know. I called the DC office a bit over a week ago and they referred me to my local constituent services office. I heard from them yesterday and sent them a privacy waiver form that they requested. I'll post if I hear something.

Mike
Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi all,

It's been a while...

Thanks,
Mike
I'll let you know. I called the DC office a bit over a week ago and they referred me to my local constituent services office. I heard from them yesterday and sent them a privacy waiver form that they requested. I'll post if I hear something.

Mike
I'm keeping this going just in case anyone needs the information at some future point.

After 2 months of missing forms, back and forth, etc., I finally connected with someone in my Congressman's office. Nice guy, but not particularly hopeful for me. He told me that CBP not at all transparent about why they do what they do, so the best he could do was submit the request to his contact and see if he could get any information.

On the plus side, I have my shiny new PreCheck number (since I don't know what impact my GE revocation had on Pre) and I'll get to try it out next month.

Mike
Old Apr 11, 2022, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Well, so much for that. After months of back and forth, the guy working on my case sent me an email with the response from CBP, which was pretty much "F-U." I told him how annoyed I am that CBP can just revoke Global Entry and not tell me why, and his response is that CBP considers GE a privilege, not a right. Frustrating and annoying.

Sadly for CBP, they've messed with the wrong kind of person: somebody who has nothing better to do. Next stop is Senator Warren's office.

I can't imagine that I'll ultimately be successful, but I might as well keep trying.

Mike
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Well, so much for that. After months of back and forth, the guy working on my case sent me an email with the response from CBP, which was pretty much "F-U." I told him how annoyed I am that CBP can just revoke Global Entry and not tell me why, and his response is that CBP considers GE a privilege, not a right. Frustrating and annoying.

Sadly for CBP, they've messed with the wrong kind of person: somebody who has nothing better to do. Next stop is Senator Warren's office.

I can't imagine that I'll ultimately be successful, but I might as well keep trying.

Mike
Sounds like typical government efficiency...! Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with CPB. I hope you are able to get some answers out of this mess.
mikeef likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 1:03 pm

Read through the thread and thought I’d add an extra data point here. This past March I also received an email stating that there was a change in my TTP status. Logged onto TTP to find my global entry was revoked as I “do not meet program eligibility requirements”. Had GE for a few years, last time I had flown was pre pandemic, US citizen with no prior arrests or convictions. I’ve since called my enrollment center, and was told they didn’t have the reason as it came from the vetting center, and that I should file an ombudsman appeal. Seeing the other posts here I had little faith it would go anywhere but I requested a reason for my revocation, so we’ll see where that goes.

The only thing I can think of is that I had moved states and acquired a new license some months back, and forgot to update this in my account or at an EC. Not sure if that is reason enough for removal, wondering if anyone was in a similar boat. Does anybody have any kind of visibility on the vetting process? It’s either that, or I’m under some investigation that I don’t know about, which is definitely anxiety producing.
Old May 20, 2022, 9:30 am
sj9

Greetings everyone,
First time poster here. I received notice 3 weeks ago that my membership was revoked and I was advised to send a letter to the Ombudsman for reconsideration. The notice directs me to the DHS website to file a response but I cannot locate a way to do so. I found an email address from an article online but I am not sure this is the correct way. Does anyone have any information on how to send my appeal letter? Any advice is appreciated!
Old May 20, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by sj9
Greetings everyone,
First time poster here. I received notice 3 weeks ago that my membership was revoked and I was advised to send a letter to the Ombudsman for reconsideration. The notice directs me to the DHS website to file a response but I cannot locate a way to do so. I found an email address from an article online but I am not sure this is the correct way. Does anyone have any information on how to send my appeal letter? Any advice is appreciated!

There should be a button to appeal on your GE portal.
Old May 20, 2022, 11:37 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by sj9
Greetings everyone,
The CBP Ask us a question web page has a revocations "applicable issue" category.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.