Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry for Minors, Children and Infants

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry for Minors, Children and Infants

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022, 12:43 pm

I just applied for my two month old son. Will he require an interview? if so, can he do interview on arrival? Are infants approved faster since they have zero chance of having a criminal history or immigration violations and don’t need A background check?
Old Jun 9, 2022, 1:18 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by SudOvest
I just applied for my two month old son. Will he require an interview? if so, can he do interview on arrival? Are infants approved faster since they have zero chance of having a criminal history or immigration violations and don’t need A background check?
Yes, yes and not necessarily.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 7:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Data point and question. We completed an application for our 8 year old grandson for GE. Our grands travel with us often. Two days for conditional approval. He doesn't have much of a record yet.

Leads to my question...

When we got GE for our granddaughter, easy interview at BWI and her parents went. This time we have a bit of a drive due to appt availability so we are making a weekend of it. Do you know if the parents are required or can we take him-with passport and birth certificate?
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
Data point and question. We completed an application for our 8 year old grandson for GE. Our grands travel with us often. Two days for conditional approval. He doesn't have much of a record yet.

Leads to my question...

When we got GE for our granddaughter, easy interview at BWI and her parents went. This time we have a bit of a drive due to appt availability so we are making a weekend of it. Do you know if the parents are required or can we take him-with passport and birth certificate?

You can't take him unless you are a legal guardian. A parent or legal guardian must be present, to wit: "<snip>.... A parent or legal guardian must give permission and must be present at the time of the interview."

According to the FAQ -- Click on Can my Child/Children Enroll in Global Entry
PWMTrav likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker

Leads to my question...

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...ility/children

Unless you are the child's legal guardian, a parent will need to be present. This is probably true when traveling internationally as well - even if not strictly required, a border agent would and should be asking a lot of questions in that case.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 6:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...ility/children

Unless you are the child's legal guardian, a parent will need to be present. This is probably true when traveling internationally as well - even if not strictly required, a border agent would and should be asking a lot of questions in that case.
Thanks to you and the previous poster. We will bring their mom. We travel with the grandkids often-always with a notarized letter with permission to travel and to provide medical care. Never had an issue.
PWMTrav likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:47 am

Me and my wife applied for the first time this morning (global entry). I'm confused about how to apply my 3 & 6 yo? I thought I'll be doing it through my account but there is no option there to apply again once mine is pending. I need to create accounts for them? Seems funny since they'll need email and cell to apply I'm assuming which they don't have...
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:50 am

Programs: DELTA SKYMILES, Marriott Bonvoy,
you can give your phone number when you apply but yes you do need a separate email address,
Old Sep 8, 2022, 1:02 pm

Does anyone have recent experience going through GE with an infant?

The facial recognition clearly won’t work, and I’ve had issues in the past with the machine recognizing my baby’s passport.

would love to hear other peoples experience
Old Sep 8, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by Traveler56789
Does anyone have recent experience going through GE with an infant?

The facial recognition clearly won’t work, and I’ve had issues in the past with the machine recognizing my baby’s passport.

would love to hear other peoples experience
I went through GE with my one-year-old one a month ago or so. Actually, that was the very first time I was going through GE and didn't know I needed to take a picture of my kid. When an officer asked why we had no kid's picture, I said I didn't think I needed to do it for the kid and I was not sure how. He said just lift him up and take a picture next time. Other than that, no issues.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by hyedmd
I went through GE with my one-year-old one a month ago or so. Actually, that was the very first time I was going through GE and didn't know I needed to take a picture of my kid. When an officer asked why we had no kid's picture, I said I didn't think I needed to do it for the kid and I was not sure how. He said just lift him up and take a picture next time. Other than that, no issues.
thank you! So did you scan your 1 year old’s passport first, and then raise them up to take a photo?

I ask because I think for adults u no longer scan the passport; you just take a photo!
Old Sep 8, 2022, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler56789
thank you! So did you scan your 1 year old’s passport first, and then raise them up to take a photo?

I ask because I think for adults u no longer scan the passport; you just take a photo!
That's what the officer did. He needed all passports, including the kid's one. And he took his picture too since we did not do it ourselves. But he didn't seem to be happy about that

That was at SeaTac.
Traveler56789 likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 3:17 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by hyedmd
Were these the old GE kiosks where you had to scan your passports and fingerprints or the new facial recognition kiosks?
Old Sep 8, 2022, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
Were these the old GE kiosks where you had to scan your passports and fingerprints or the new facial recognition kiosks?
I'm pretty sure it was the facial recognition only. The passports got scanned manually by the officer.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:36 pm

Processing timeline for baby

We just got my four month old son’s passport today and applied for Global Entry. He hasn’t committed any felonies (that I’m aware of) so his background check should be quick. Any data points on whether or not baby/minor applications are processed faster than adults?
FamilyFlyer23 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.