Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus enrolment appointment at YYZ - Adding Children

Nexus enrolment appointment at YYZ - Adding Children

Reply

Old Aug 18, 14, 5:55 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 23
Question Nexus enrolment appointment at YYZ - Adding Children

Hi,

I have my nexus enrolment appointment this Friday at YYZ. My kids (ages 4 months and 3 years) just got pre approved last week. I want to add the,m to my existing appointment this Friday.

Can I just call the YYZ Nexus office and ask to bring my kids along to my appointment? Or if I print all three enrolment letters and just show up, will they just do all three applications at once?

Let me know what the best way to do this is.

Thanks,

Gino
ginostyle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 14, 6:49 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Programs: NEXUS/GE
Posts: 519
Originally Posted by ginostyle View Post
Hi,

I have my nexus enrolment appointment this Friday at YYZ. My kids (ages 4 months and 3 years) just got pre approved last week. I want to add the,m to my existing appointment this Friday.

Can I just call the YYZ Nexus office and ask to bring my kids along to my appointment? Or if I print all three enrolment letters and just show up, will they just do all three applications at once?

Let me know what the best way to do this is.

Thanks,

Gino
Just bring your kids to the appointment. Worst thing they can do is tell you to bring them back for their scheduled appointment.
dustman81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 14, 8:55 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 72
Originally Posted by ginostyle View Post
Hi,

I have my nexus enrolment appointment this Friday at YYZ. My kids (ages 4 months and 3 years) just got pre approved last week. I want to add the,m to my existing appointment this Friday.

Can I just call the YYZ Nexus office and ask to bring my kids along to my appointment? Or if I print all three enrolment letters and just show up, will they just do all three applications at once?

Let me know what the best way to do this is.

Thanks,

Gino
Hello, I have a question. Did you apply online or did you mail in your app? If you did it online did you have to pay for you children?
dnLwire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 14, 4:25 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 23
I applied online and there was. I cost for the kids.
ginostyle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 14, 4:26 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 23
Sorry, my previous message got messed up.

No cost for the kids via the online application.
ginostyle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 14, 12:07 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 72
Originally Posted by ginostyle View Post
Sorry, my previous message got messed up.

No cost for the kids via the online application.
Thank you for taking the time to respond to me.
dnLwire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 14, 5:01 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,339
Originally Posted by ginostyle View Post
Hi,

I have my nexus enrolment appointment this Friday at YYZ. My kids (ages 4 months and 3 years) just got pre approved last week. I want to add the,m to my existing appointment this Friday.

Can I just call the YYZ Nexus office and ask to bring my kids along to my appointment? Or if I print all three enrolment letters and just show up, will they just do all three applications at once?

Let me know what the best way to do this is.

Thanks,

Gino
May I ask if you are a single or custodial parent? If you and the children's other parent live together what kind of documentation do you bring to the "interview" to prove your rights? It's really sad when a 4-month old and a 3 year old have to appear for a government interview in order to get travel documents.
petaluma1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 14, 8:32 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: YYZ
Programs: AC Prestige
Posts: 38
Originally Posted by petaluma1 View Post
May I ask if you are a single or custodial parent? If you and the children's other parent live together what kind of documentation do you bring to the "interview" to prove your rights? It's really sad when a 4-month old and a 3 year old have to appear for a government interview in order to get travel documents.
I'm not sure if you are missing the word 'don't' here, but we wife and I have different last names, the kids are hyphenated. A long form birth certificate presented by both parents is what we have used for initial and renewal interviews. If both parents can't appear together, they will accept a notarized letter from the other parent.

If you are a single parent, I presume you would need a court order granting custody or death certificate for a widow/widower.
FinsToTheLeft is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread