Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Applications/Renewals Information, Experiences and Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Applications/Renewals Information, Experiences and Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by wahooflyer
Yes. Also of note, the receipt the TSA gave me in LAX said to call if I hadn't heard back within 21 days...but the Web site now says to call if I haven't heard in 30 days.
I called the number on the Universal Enroll website and they told me to call after 6 weeks.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 11:40 am
Company Representative, TSA

Originally Posted by GGFresh
I called the number on the Universal Enroll website and they told me to call after 6 weeks.
Can you PM me so I can look into this?

The vast majority of passengers who apply are being cleared very quickly, then issued their KTN within a few days. We do have some delays if their are fingerprint quality and/or if we encounter some criminal history that has to be manually adjudicated.

With that being said, many people who applied yesterday nationwide can already lookup their KTN on our website.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by TSAPressSec
Can you PM me so I can look into this?

The vast majority of passengers who apply are being cleared very quickly, then issued their KTN within a few days. We do have some delays if their are fingerprint quality and/or if we encounter some criminal history that has to be manually adjudicated.

With that being said, many people who applied yesterday nationwide can already lookup their KTN on our website.
I tried to PM you but you have the function disabled. What is the best way to reach you?

I have no criminal history or anything of that sort, so I'm not sure what could be holding up the process...
Old Jun 21, 2014, 8:38 pm

I have no criminal history or anything of that sort, so I'm not sure what could be holding up the process...
We will figure out what the delay is, and get back to you ASAP. This has already been forwarded to TSA personnel to investigate further.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
I got my KTN today: 21 days exactly from the date of application. Already added it to my Delta profile and called to put it in my existing reservation for the 30th.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:25 am

I'm on day 24 and counting. I called the number on my enrollment receipt because it says to call if you haven't heard back in 21 days. Apparently TSA contracts with a company that takes the enrollments and then forwards on the information to TSA. The enrollment center says that TSA is very backed up and they can't look in to it further until it's been 30 days. TSA says that they are clearing their enrollments within about a day and that they are not backed up. Apparently several program managers have tried looking in to it and- I assume because I haven't heard anything back- can't figure out what the problem is.

Honestly, none of this seems worth the opportunity to go through a line that may or may not be shorter than the regular TSA check. I'm feeling really dumb for spending $85 on this.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:28 pm

Programs: Delta - Gold, Hilton - Diamond, SPG - Gold, Hyatt - Diamond
Yikes,
I was able to apply last week in ATL as a walk in since I have no locations near my home airport (RIC). That was a great experience. No wait and was finished in 10 minutes tops. I did do the pre enroll online beforehand.

Was hoping to get a quick turnaround since I am flying multiple times every week for the next 8 weeks or so.

I'm scared by some of these wait times.

I have no criminal history at all, so it should be a quick process.

Joe
Old Jun 30, 2014, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by yorkman

I have no criminal history at all, so it should be a quick process.

Joe
I have no criminal history either, and I'm still waiting. In fact, my job requires me to have undergone fingerprinting and an FBI background check several times, and there have never been any issues with people having a similar name as me, etc. From what I've read in these forums, for every one person that is cleared quickly there is another that is delayed for no obvious reason. I wish you the best of luck!
Old Jul 1, 2014, 3:27 pm

I have no criminal history either, and I'm still waiting. In fact, my job requires me to have undergone fingerprinting and an FBI background check several times, and there have never been any issues with people having a similar name as me, etc. From what I've read in these forums, for every one person that is cleared quickly there is another that is delayed for no obvious reason. I wish you the best of luck!
This is an isolated issue that we have fixed. Due to a technical glitch, the application center never sent the data forward to TSA for vetting. The appropriate technical teams have fixed the issue so it doesn't occur again.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:20 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by TSAPressSec
Just curious, does this only work for people who have processed directly through TSA PC? I recently completed GE processing and tried your link just to see what the result might be -- nothing doing. I am on a brief hiatus from air travel so I will have to wait to see how things go. Have never gotten PC in life up 'til now...
Old Jul 3, 2014, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Just curious, does this only work for people who have processed directly through TSA PC? I recently completed GE processing and tried your link just to see what the result might be -- nothing doing. I am on a brief hiatus from air travel so I will have to wait to see how things go. Have never gotten PC in life up 'til now...
For those who are enrolled via CBP, you can see this post regarding your KTN.
Old Jul 3, 2014, 10:13 am

Day 30- KTN received!
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:04 am

TSAPressSec mentioned KTN is assigned on the next day in most cases, any changes with processing timeframe in July? Have been waiting for several days, don't know if I should wait for a month and then contact TSA.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:40 am

Got mine, my wife didn't

I applied on 6/30 and had my number on 7/7. My wife applied on one day later on 7/1 and still has not gotten hers. When you look it up on the web site it just says "unassigned".
Old Jul 21, 2014, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by diser55
TSAPressSec mentioned KTN is assigned on the next day in most cases,
Can you point to the post where he said that? I cannot find it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.