Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck Applications/Renewals Information, Experiences and Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Applications/Renewals Information, Experiences and Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2014, 9:30 pm

I applied on Nov 25th and received my KTN just this evening.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 5:15 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I stopped by a pre-check center on a Friday and got my KTN number by Sunday
Old Dec 19, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, VA G
I'm going into SFO on tuesday dec 23rd at 9:15am
I have the online stuff done and just need to do the "interview"
Anyone have an idea of how long the wait time might be as a walk up?

I have 4 hours before my flight to DEN and hoping this is enough time
Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:12 pm

Enrolled in person on Friday and KTN was available the following day (Saturday).

The info provided at the enrollment center by the representative was that the KTN would be available in about 3-4 weeks. When I mentioned that I had heard that the KTNs were being processed much more quickly than that, he said I could always check the status online.

I wonder if the fact that I received PreCheck dozens of times over the past 15 months, except for one flight, even though I had no KTN, had anything to do with the very quick turnaround.

Last edited by mke9499; Feb 9, 2015 at 9:10 am
Old Feb 9, 2015, 8:19 am

Anyone still dealing with long wait times? I enrolled pre-check 12/11/14, and my status on the dhs universal enroll website still says KTN: unassigned. I called TSA about 3 weeks ago and they said my case had been escalated, but now 60 days after enrollment I still have not heard anything from TSA.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:53 am

Recent experiences applying for TSA Precheck

Just curious as to peoples more recent experiences. I applied last week on the 27th at a local location. I had pre-enrolled weeks in advance and had an appointment. Very simple, just went in and verified everything I had already done, got my fingerprints, paid the fee and left.

I have been checking the https://universalenroll.dhs.gov/ website hoping I may get my KTN before a flight next week and nothing yet. I do realize that it is different for everyone and some people get them in a couple days, others it takes a month or even more.

Just curious as to anyones more recent experiences.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:24 pm

Back in early November, it took about a month for me to receive the approval in the mail. The website continued to indicate that my application was being reviewed. Maybe it was just pure luck, but I noticed I received Pre Check on 100 percent of my flights after the interview, and I had several flights during November and December.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by makeUturn
Back in early November, it took about a month for me to receive the approval in the mail. The website continued to indicate that my application was being reviewed. Maybe it was just pure luck, but I noticed I received Pre Check on 100 percent of my flights after the interview, and I had several flights during November and December.
Cool. Thanks
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:12 pm

Into the TSA, applied, paid, out in 10 minutes a little while ago. Had a trip the following week, did not believe I would have received the precheck in time, however the night prior I did and called Southwest, added my TK, and proceeded to print my boarding pass the next morning. NO precheck, Southwest told me I must have been 'randomly' chosen to go through regular screening. Ok fine. Sour taste considering I dropped $85 a week prior. I figured OK, my return flight should receive a precheck then-NOPE. Checked-in, printed boarding passes, no precheck again. Funny thing is, 2 weeks prior, I was randomly chosen to go through precheck.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by pearlpower
Into the TSA, applied, paid, out in 10 minutes a little while ago. Had a trip the following week, did not believe I would have received the precheck in time, however the night prior I did and called Southwest, added my TK, and proceeded to print my boarding pass the next morning. NO precheck, Southwest told me I must have been 'randomly' chosen to go through regular screening. Ok fine. Sour taste considering I dropped $85 a week prior. I figured OK, my return flight should receive a precheck then-NOPE. Checked-in, printed boarding passes, no precheck again. Funny thing is, 2 weeks prior, I was randomly chosen to go through precheck.
Well that doesn't sound to promising.

How long did it take you to get you KTN after you were at the office? 1 week? Its been a week for me today and I don't have one yet.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by DenverDano
Well that doesn't sound to promising.

How long did it take you to get you KTN after you were at the office? 1 week? Its been a week for me today and I don't have one yet.
exactly one week, Mon in, received TK the following Monday, but the precheck line was just as long as regular screening, though folks made it through quicker
Old Mar 8, 2015, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by pearlpower
exactly one week, Mon in, received TK the following Monday, but the precheck line was just as long as regular screening, though folks made it through quicker
Well hopefully soon for me, nothing yet.
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:41 am

Woke up today, KTN was there. Too bad I couldn't get it for today's flight. Even after calling United to add it to profile then checking out and back in, no pre check. Oh well, heading to Canada anyway and I flew through security.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 11:25 pm

Programs: UA Plt HertzpresC Avisfirst
Applied April 9the and received KTN April 11. Does that mean that I was allready approved for pre check?
Old Apr 12, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Goodtimes321
Applied April 9the and received KTN April 11. Does that mean that I was allready approved for pre check?
Except for DoD uniformed and civilian personnel getting a KTN through their unique channel I didn't think there was anyway to get a KTN without an interview for the rest of us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.