Wiki Posts
Search

Global Entry - New Passport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 7:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Debra.hartwell
i have a new passport and I have to go to global entry to have my card matched with my passport. Do I need to make an appointment to do this process?
Global Entry - New Passport
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Answer - No. You can enter your new passport number online in login.gov account, the system that replaced GOES.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:42 pm

Just like the above posters mentioned, NO, there is no need to go to an enrollment office to update new passport detail. BUT, if you ever decided to go, there is no need to make an appointment. Walk-in is all you neeed.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: GE, B6 True Blue, Hilton Honors, IHG
US passport/Global Entry question

I just got my passport renewed. When I originally applied for Global Entry, they took my old passport at the CBP interview and placed a CBP sticker on the back which indicated I was now a member of Global entry. Also, IIRC, I think they magnetized it or did something to it to indicate on the barcode to indicate I was a member of GE. My new passport does not have the CBP decal on it but my GE membership is current. How can I be assured my new passport will work in the GE kiosk. Planning my first trip overseas with the new passport. Has anybody renewed their passports while they were a GE member and had any problems? Thanks.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
The sticker was used to indicate to CBP officers that you're a member of the program. It's no longer needed. The sticker did not do anything to the passport, also there's nothing to "magnetize" in the passport.
The passport contains a chip with your photo (some countries also add the person's biometrics like fingerprints, but this is not the case for the US for now) and that's it. Once the passport leaves the production facility nothing can be written to the chip.

You need to stop by a GE office and update your passport number (or do it online) in their database.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:12 pm

Thanks
Old Jul 18, 2018, 4:44 pm

I just followed all the steps on the TTP website. I looked at my expired passport and it indeed has a different number than the new one. Got everything updated. I'm glad we have resources like this website. You'd think when you renew your passport, they would tell you that you have to update the info if you're in a TTP. Thanks again Palal. You've saved me a lot of time and aggravation.
drewguy likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Does anyone know if there's a maximum number of passports you can enter into GE? I just got a third and website offers to update the others but won't let me add? (Sorry didn't read through whole thread...)
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:55 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
Does anyone know if there's a maximum number of passports you can enter into GE? I just got a third and website offers to update the others but won't let me add? (Sorry didn't read through whole thread...)
US or foreign passport? If the latter, that a better question for the Global Entry - Dual Citizenship thread; this thread is primarily about adding the new passport information after the expiration of the old one.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
Originally Posted by TWA884
US or foreign passport? If the latter, that a better question for the Global Entry - Dual Citizenship thread; this thread is primarily about adding the new passport information after the expiration of the old one.
all three are U.S. passports. I collect them.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
According to the TTP FAQ, there are scenarios where only CBP can make certain kinds of passport updates in your TTP profile. While not directly applicable to your specific question regarding three US passports which could be because you hold multiple classes of passports or you have more than one "second passport", the following Q/A does mention the CBP update process:

Trusted Traveler Programs / Frequently Asked Questions
Passport/LPR card information can only be changed if it is an update of a passport/LPR card currently associated with your account and does not include a name change. Some changes cannot be made online, and you will need to go to an Enrollment Center to have a CBP officer make these changes. Please be sure to bring supporting documentation with you when visiting the enrollment center.
My suggestion would be to drop in at your closest GE enrollment center and inquire about making your update there.
TWA884 likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
You and Paul Manafort!

(and just to be clear I'm joking, I realize it's not uncommon to have two for frequent travelers and those traveling to the middle east where not all countries recognize each other, and also that government officials may also have a government passport).
Old Jul 29, 2018, 8:23 am

Quick update in case it helps anyone - I did stop by an enrollment center. First guy scowled and said you have to have an appointment. Second guy said sure, give me your passport. Took about a minute.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Quick update in case it helps anyone - I did stop by an enrollment center. First guy scowled and said you have to have an appointment. Second guy said sure, give me your passport. Took about a minute.
Which Global Entry enrollment center did you visit?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Which Global Entry enrollment center did you visit?
Dulles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.