FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   GE/PreCheck and Existing Reservations - do I need to do anything additional? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/1568890-ge-precheck-existing-reservations-do-i-need-do-anything-additional.html)

ORDMDW1 May 24, 2013 5:39 pm

GE/PreCheck and Existing Reservations - do I need to do anything additional?

Hi, if this is in the wrong forum, I do apologize. I wasn't sure where to post this.

I was approved for GE today and I have my number. I added it to my UA and AA profiles. I clicked the link on the UA website asking to join Precheck.

I have one question. I travel often for work. My tickets are booked for me and I check in and add my mileage number later. If I am accepted into precheck, will it apply to tickets booked on my behalf by my company?

:D

BThumme May 24, 2013 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by ORDMDW1 (Post 20807181)
Hi, if this is in the wrong forum, I do apologize. I wasn't sure where to post this.

I was approved for GE today and I have my number. I added it to my UA and AA profiles. I clicked the link on the UA website asking to join Precheck.

I have one question. I travel often for work. My tickets are booked for me and I check in and add my mileage number later. If I am accepted into precheck, will it apply to tickets booked on my behalf by my company?

I don't see why not, just need to make sure your known traveler number gets entered. Never used it, I don't know if one can be added after (I'm assuming it can), but you might want to make sure your companies booking agency has your number to add at the time of booking.

obscure2k May 24, 2013 8:01 pm

Please follow this thread in the appropriate TS/S Forum.
Thanks.
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator

cheltzel May 25, 2013 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by ORDMDW1 (Post 20807181)

If the reservations were booked before you updated your profile with the PASSID, you will have to add the PASSID to them manually via the edit traveler data link on the itinerary. Some people have reported issues with getting the trusted traveler info into reservation made by third parties (corporate travel departments, travel agencies, etc).

There is a lot of discussion about getting/keeping your info in sync with the GE profile. I would suggest you look at the following thread in the UA forum (and its counterpart in the AA forum):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...es-2013-a.html

kratch44 Jun 6, 2013 9:27 am

I'm a little confused about my Global Entry situation, I got a final approval notification when I wasn't expecting it... Hoping someone can help clarify if I need to do anything else...

I applied for Global Entry (Mainly for PreCheck, as I travel at least weekly domestically, though I go internationally once in a while), and I scheduled an interview. I was already out of town and got re-routed and didn't make it home the week of my interview, so I didn't have my passport on me.

I decided to attend the interview at ORD and my fingerprints were taken, etc., but the CBP agent told me he would be unable to approve my application until I came back (He said no appointment was necessary- just show up, show my passport, they'll click approve).

I hadn't had the time to stop in the CBP office anywhere to show my passport since the interview (about 1.5, maybe 2 months ago), and yesterday I got an email that there was a change in my status. I assumed I had been denied due to my negligence in finalizing the app, but to my surprise, I had a notification that I had been approved and my Global Entry card was on its way. It said just make sure I activate it when I receive it in the mail.

I have a Global Entry/Trusted Traveler Membership number/PASSID, and my status is "Approved" with an expiration date in 2018. Am I good to start using Pre-Check and/or Global Entry? Do I just start adding that number to my flight reservation and go for it?

dustman81 Jun 6, 2013 10:12 am

Originally Posted by kratch44 (Post 20876156)
I'm a little confused about my Global Entry situation, I got a final approval notification when I wasn't expecting it... Hoping someone can help clarify if I need to do anything else...

I applied for Global Entry (Mainly for PreCheck, as I travel at least weekly domestically, though I go internationally once in a while), and I scheduled an interview. I was already out of town and got re-routed and didn't make it home the week of my interview, so I didn't have my passport on me.

I decided to attend the interview at ORD and my fingerprints were taken, etc., but the CBP agent told me he would be unable to approve my application until I came back (He said no appointment was necessary- just show up, show my passport, they'll click approve).

I hadn't had the time to stop in the CBP office anywhere to show my passport since the interview (about 1.5, maybe 2 months ago), and yesterday I got an email that there was a change in my status. I assumed I had been denied due to my negligence in finalizing the app, but to my surprise, I had a notification that I had been approved and my Global Entry card was on its way. It said just make sure I activate it when I receive it in the mail.

I have a Global Entry/Trusted Traveler Membership number/PASSID, and my status is "Approved" with an expiration date in 2018. Am I good to start using Pre-Check and/or Global Entry? Do I just start adding that number to my flight reservation and go for it?

If GOES says approved, then go for it. Enter your TT # in your FF accounts and to your existing reservations. You don't need the card unless your using the Nexus or SENTRI lanes back into the US.

Cardboard55 Feb 7, 2014 12:11 pm

I just checked in for my first post-GE flight (with my known traveler number on my account), and no Pre :(

TT-Jones Feb 8, 2014 8:50 am

Originally Posted by Cardboard55 (Post 22305752)
I just checked in for my first post-GE flight (with my known traveler number on my account), and no Pre :(

In the very reservation - or just in your account?

That makes a huge difference e.g. on United, where you need to have the number added to the particular reservation.

Cardboard55 Feb 8, 2014 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by TT-Jones (Post 22310269)
In the very reservation - or just in your account?

That makes a huge difference e.g. on United, where you need to have the number added to the particular reservation.

Yes, I discovered that too late for the outbound flight, but fixed it for the return and all is good on that one. ^

actie Mar 23, 2014 8:55 pm

Precheck and Existing Reservations - do I need to do anything additional?

I bought an international ticket a couple months ago for travel in May on UA. I've since applied and been approved for GE/Pre-Check, and I updated my profile on UA to include my trusted traveler number. Will my Pre-Check status be reflected on this ticket? Or not, because I was ticketed before I got a trusted traveler number?

dustman81 Mar 24, 2014 5:24 am

Originally Posted by actie (Post 22575842)
I bought an international ticket a couple months ago for travel in May on UA. I've since applied and been approved for GE/Pre-Check, and I updated my profile on UA to include my trusted traveler number. Will my Pre-Check status be reflected on this ticket? Or not, because I was ticketed before I got a trusted traveler number?

You need to go into the PNR and add your GE number into the Known Traveler Number box or you can call UA reservations and have them enter the number.

drewguy Mar 24, 2014 2:49 pm

All correct above . . . just to make clear that Pre-Check is determined (or can be) shortly before the flight not when you purchase the ticket.

phltraveler Mar 24, 2014 3:22 pm

As others have said, you need to call the travel agency or carrier and ask them to add your known traveler number to your existing reservation. US Airways lets you do this at check-in if none is on the ticket, but you can also email them (I email the Dividend Miles preferred email) or call reservations. I would expect the process is similar for United.

dustman81 Mar 24, 2014 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by drewguy (Post 22580341)
All correct above . . . just to make clear that Pre-Check is determined (or can be) shortly before the flight not when you purchase the ticket.

Pre-check is determined when your Secure Flight info is sent to TSA which about 72 hours before departure.

pa3lsvt Mar 25, 2014 12:38 am

I have added my Known Traveler Number (your PASS ID in GOES) at online check-in <24 hours to departure and received Pre-check.