FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   GE app- forgot to mention 1 country visited for few hrs on cruise (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/1557114-ge-app-forgot-mention-1-country-visited-few-hrs-cruise.html)

peregrin Mar 3, 2014 4:14 pm

GE app- forgot to mention 1 country visited for few hrs on cruise

I just filled out the GE application yesterday, along with my spouse. Today I was thinking about our applications and was horrified to realize I forgot to include the country of Uruguay. We visited while on a cruise and were only there for about 3 hrs in Montevideo. Stupid mistake, I know. As there is no way to go back and correct the application and I am reading about people who have been rejected for not listing all countries visited on their application I am very worrried. If I bring it up at the interview (assuming I get that far) what do you all think the chances are that I'll be given a break? Or did I just throw $200 down the drain (I also helped spouse listed countries visited on online application and left Uruguay off his app too!). Thank you for any advice/insight.

bevoinva Mar 3, 2014 4:16 pm

It won't be an issue. You can let them know about the omission during the interview if it even comes up at all.

peregrin Mar 3, 2014 4:22 pm

Thank you!

Originally Posted by bevoinva (Post 22455667)
It won't be an issue. You can let them know about the omission during the interview if it even comes up at all.

Thank you, bevoinva. I am severely stressed about making such a stupid mistake.

RSVP Mar 3, 2014 6:25 pm

Nothing to worry about.

CBP could have cared less about countries visited. They only knew about the ones I listed, because I listed them. That portion of the interview, like most of it, was really just a casual discussion.

You're stressing about nothing. These interviews aren't any kind of an interrogation. The two of us spent more time engaging in casual chat.

peregrin Mar 4, 2014 9:52 am

Thanks.

drewguy Mar 4, 2014 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by peregrin (Post 22455691)
Thank you, bevoinva. I am severely stressed about making such a stupid mistake.

Don't be - it is easy to explain and unlikely to be suspicious.

If you had failed to disclose a trip to Afghanistan (say), and they knew about it and you didn't disclose it then you could possibly be in trouble. But not a 3 hour stopover from a cruise to a generally unworrisome country.

mersk862 Mar 4, 2014 7:20 pm

I had forgotten to list Aruba in my application (was there on a five night vacation) and just mentioned it when they brought up the list of countries I had been to, saying I had forgot to include it without their prompting. Was still approved as quickly as one could be (had the approval email 15 minutes later).

flyermatthew Mar 5, 2014 1:51 am

As others have said, the countries you list aren't generally subject to much chit-chat during the interview. In my interview for GE, I was asked about Singapore and China, but they didn't ask about my trip to the UAE. I thought that was kind of random, since Singapore is a close US ally in SE Asia.

peregrin Mar 5, 2014 7:26 am

Thank you for your replies.