Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Pre-Check at BOS: closed from 8am to 3pm?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear

Forgive me if this has been addressed elsewhere; I searched this subforum but couldn't find any relevant discussion.

I'm moving from SFO back to my beloved BOS in a couple of weeks, and I was surprised to discover that TSA Pre-Check in Terminal C @ BOS is only open from 4am to 8am and again from 3pm to 6pm. For some unfathomable reason it's closed during the busiest hours of the day.

http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/airlines-airports#MA

Can anyone shed any light on the rationale? It's bad enough that BOS doesn't have Clear, which I've come to love given its ubiquity at SFO, but this seems like a bad joke.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
That webpage is poorly updated. The same airport now has Precheck at Terminal B (US Airways side - down by the Shuttle) although it isn't listed at all. Don't assume the info here is current.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
That webpage is poorly updated. The same airport now has Precheck at Terminal B (US Airways side - down by the Shuttle) although it isn't listed at all. Don't assume the info here is current.
Good to know. So can you confirm that it's in fact available continuously 4am-6pm at Terminal C?

I guess I'm also curious why they ever set it up that way in the first place.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I've never had any problems at the C terminal, although I've also never been there at 4am!

When do you move back and where are you moving to? First drink's on me.

Mike
Old Feb 10, 2014, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeef
When do you move back and where are you moving to? First drink's on me.
Many thanks for the warm welcome. I'm back as of March 1 to work as Director of Product at a software company. Living in Porter Square, my old haunt.

I've had pretty good experiences the past few weeks as a UA frequent flyer at BOS: Terminal C contains the only United Club in all of humanity that provides Sam Adams free of charge! I'm disappointed that Clear isn't available at BOS yet, but maybe I'll hold onto my membership for another year in the hope that they expand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.