Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck for permanent residents who already have Global Entry?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck for permanent residents who already have Global Entry?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2014, 1:04 pm

I am a GC holder. Got my GE in December. Never got Pre-Check on the 16 flights I took between December and February.
Applied for TSA Pre and got another KTN. Got Pre-check on the flights I have taken this month.
YMMV.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Indeed that is the way it mostly goes. That said, some foreign citizens, US LPRs or otherwise, are getting PreCheck LLL outcomes very frequently-- always or almost always -- even without paying the $85 fee.
Exactly the same facts (LPR + GE) as OP - 100% Precheck on AA domestic and international leaving the US for as long as I can remember. In fact I can't remember the last time I didn't get the LLL/3 beeps when travelling on an AA plane. Long time AA EXP flying 40-60 segments per year mainly through SFO, DFW, ORD, JFK, MIA, LAX.

There is no rhyme or reason as to why I get it and others don't.

TTM

PS - becoming a US Citizen in a couple of months so no doubt that will screw everything up.
Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Global Entry
I found this from TSA blog:

"Lawful permanent residents, enrolled in a CBP program, are not yet eligible for TSA Pre✓™. They will be able to begin participation this summer."

Guess us LPRs need to be patient.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum (and falling fast)
Originally Posted by 787dreamer
I found this from TSA blog:

"Lawful permanent residents, enrolled in a CBP program, are not yet eligible for TSA Pre✓™. They will be able to begin participation this summer."

Guess us LPRs need to be patient.
I was just told by Ross F. from the TSA Media dept that the process to add LPR GE holders to the TSA Pre program "Hopefully will be complete by the end of next week. Might take another week for the system to process"

Finally some ^ news perhaps!
Old Jun 21, 2014, 11:45 am
Company Representative, TSA

Originally Posted by GroundStop
I was just told by Ross F. from the TSA Media dept that the process to add LPR GE holders to the TSA Pre program "Hopefully will be complete by the end of next week. Might take another week for the system to process"

Finally some ^ news perhaps!
I might know that Ross F.! Everything was operational yesterday, but I know they were still doing some testing late yesterday re. LPRs in GE. Just waiting for the official "good to go" word from our Secure Flight team.

With these changes, TSA Precheck will be available for the following CBP Trusted Traveler members:

- All members of Global Entry.
- U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents and Canadian citizens who are members of NEXUS.
- U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents who are members of SENTRI.

-Ross
Old Jun 21, 2014, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by TSAPressSec
I might know that Ross F.! Everything was operational yesterday, but I know they were still doing some testing late yesterday re. LPRs in GE. Just waiting for the official "good to go" word from our Secure Flight team.

With these changes, TSA Precheck will be available for the following CBP Trusted Traveler members:

- All members of Global Entry.
- U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents and Canadian citizens who are members of NEXUS.
- U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents who are members of SENTRI.

-Ross
Great news. Thanks for keeping us updated Ross.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Hi Guys. Im a LPR and I ve had global entry for 1 year already with 0 TSA-Pre... however, on my last trip (3 weeks ago) My parents (LPR also) got TSA-Pre with their global entry automatically on a national trip.

Today I am going to travel and I will let you guys know if I get TSA-Pre. I will update you guys tomorrow.

Regards
Old Jun 22, 2014, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
UPDATE: it worked!!!!

I was able to get TSA-Pre automatically when checking in!!!! Yessss first time ever!!

Last edited by lotrbfme; Jul 2, 2014 at 7:42 pm
Old Jun 23, 2014, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by lotrbfme
UPDATE: it worked!!!!

I was able to get TSA-Pre automatically when checking in!!!! Yessss first time ever!!
Thank you so much for posting this. ^^^^^^

I will even forgive you posting a big image that breaks the thread.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 6:29 pm

I am LPR with GE and have too received tsa prechk for the first time ever when I checked-in online tonight with DL, domestic flight.

Last edited by michael_v; Jun 23, 2014 at 6:47 pm
Old Jun 26, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Global Entry
Q. I am a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) enrolled in a CBP Trusted Traveler program and I never receive TSA Pre✓™ when I fly. How can I fix this?
A. As of June 20, 2014, LPRs enrolled in a CBP program are now eligible for TSA Pre✓™.

So the PreCheck system started accepting LPRs automatically on 06/20/2014, just in time for my wife's check in today. It worked! :-:
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:53 pm

I just received my GE. I am an LPR. The TSA website still says LPR's are not yet eligible. Anything changed yet?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:00 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier Gold
I have consistently gotten precheck as a LPR with my global entry trusted traveler number for the past few months.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDesi
I just received my GE. I am an LPR. The TSA website still says LPR's are not yet eligible. Anything changed yet?
Yes, as of June the something'th LPRs with GE are eligible for TSA Pre:

TSA FAQs
Q. Who is eligible for TSA Pre✓™?
A. Travelers that are eligible for TSA Pre✓™ include:
[snip]
U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents with a Known Traveler Number (KTN), sometimes referred to as a trusted traveler number.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
I am an LPR with GE (no nexus).

I have Pre from United without my KTN due to elite status.

US airways hasn't given me Pre despite being an AA plat. I am three for three getting Pre on US by entering my GE KTN and my middle name upon check.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.