Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Does TSA Pre get you Free Global Entry

Old Dec 17, 13, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Dividend Miles, True Blue, Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, Early Returns, Sky Miles

Hi!

If I enroll in TSA Pre, do I also get Global Entry and Nexus for free, or are they separate from each other. I know if you have Global Entry you can use TSA Pre for free but does it work the other way around? Tsa Pre is $85 and Global Entry is $100, Nexus is Free for me cause im a minor but I cant get to the Border to apply.

Also, I was flying home from Phoenix on US Airways last week, and when I got my boarding pass, it have TSA Precheck on it, so when I got to the airport I was able to get a taste of TSA Pre, but I was wondering why I got it on my boarding pass. I am not part of any trusted traveller groups, so it came as a pleasant surprise but I am still curious to know why that happened. The flight was an award flight if that makes any difference, and should I expect it on other award flights on US Airwyas.
Old Dec 17, 13, 10:47 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
TSA is doing a PreCheck lottery for random people. I think of it as a marketing campaign to get people to sign up for PreCheck and pay them Money.

Paying $85 for PreCheck does not get you GE. GE does get you enrolled in the PreCheck Program and is very much so worth it if you travel domestically and internationally.
Nexus gets you Nexus and GE And enrolled in PreCheck as you are a US citizen (or so I am assuming).
Old Dec 17, 13, 11:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
No. The new TSA-operated GE-lite, does not get you GE. But, for only $15 more, you can have GE and that includes access to pre-check.

And, TSA has confirmed what we know anecdotally, namely that the paid programs will have a higher % of selection than those through the various FFP's.
Old Dec 17, 13, 5:22 pm

Spend the extra $15.00 and go with GE.

Enrollment centers are up and running, you won't have to wait for TSA to come to your city. Your KTN is available as soon as you complete your interview.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: