Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

"Jr." suffix a problem for GE application?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2013, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR PP & LT Plat, HH Diamond, WN A+ and CP, Avis First, National E+

So, I am sure this question has to have been answered somewhere, but I can't find it for the life of me. My travel is nearly all domestic and probably 95% on WN, so I had never really considered GE - with only a trip or two out of the US each year and no pre-check on WN, it didn't make sense.

Fast forward to today, I was excited to see pre-check coming to WN last month. Long story short, I have flown a dozen or so trips since pre-check started, and not a single pre-check clearance even though I recieved the email opt-in on and followed through on the first day of the program. After nosing around the WN forum, I read that GE will increase the odds of pre-check approval, so I filled the app out today and start the waiting game.

During the app process, I entered everything as shown on my driver license, passport etc. All that said, now I'm just a little worried. My passport has the title junior on it - it's been there since I was a small child and just keeps showing up when I renew. Long story short, it's the only document anywhere in the world that has junior on it - it's not even on my birth certificate, let alone driver license or frequent flyer accounts.

I have seen a few other posts about making sure that GE and FF accounts all match names, etc., but I'm wondering if anyone has a similar experience and can offer any insights on challenges that might come up and especially how to solve them. Or, if I'm just totally worried about nothing, that would be good news, too...

Sorry for the long explanation to get to the question, but I wanted to give as much background as possible in case it was needed.

Thanks!
Old Dec 8, 2013, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by sleasure
So, I am sure this question has to have been answered somewhere, but I can't find it for the life of me. My travel is nearly all domestic and probably 95% on WN, so I had never really considered GE - with only a trip or two out of the US each year and no pre-check on WN, it didn't make sense.

Fast forward to today, I was excited to see pre-check coming to WN last month. Long story short, I have flown a dozen or so trips since pre-check started, and not a single pre-check clearance even though I recieved the email opt-in on and followed through on the first day of the program. After nosing around the WN forum, I read that GE will increase the odds of pre-check approval, so I filled the app out today and start the waiting game.

During the app process, I entered everything as shown on my driver license, passport etc. All that said, now I'm just a little worried. My passport has the title junior on it - it's been there since I was a small child and just keeps showing up when I renew. Long story short, it's the only document anywhere in the world that has junior on it - it's not even on my birth certificate, let alone driver license or frequent flyer accounts.

I have seen a few other posts about making sure that GE and FF accounts all match names, etc., but I'm wondering if anyone has a similar experience and can offer any insights on challenges that might come up and especially how to solve them. Or, if I'm just totally worried about nothing, that would be good news, too...

Sorry for the long explanation to get to the question, but I wanted to give as much background as possible in case it was needed.

Thanks!
I don't have a Junior at the end of my name, but I have several Middle Names. My drivers license (and other state IDs) only has one of my middle names while my Passport has my full name. CBP used my full name from my Passport/Birth Certificate on my Global Entry card. I actually had to write to all the airlines (that you can't change your name online) to get my complete name to match for domestic flights in order for Precheck to work (which my name is so long, it doesn't fit on the Delta database which is a bit annoying).

So bottom line, if "Junior" is going to be on your Global Entry Card (which probably will be if you put it on your GOES account), then you will want it on all of your airline profiles in order to qualify for Precheck. If Junior is not, then remove it from your airline profiles.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: MR PP & LT Plat, HH Diamond, WN A+ and CP, Avis First, National E+
Okay, I think that makes sense. I didn't use the junior suffix on the GE app, so I will probably be fine. The only place it's listed is in the passport. I guess the best approach is to keep my fingers crossed and report back on what happens. Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.