Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

0 for my last 10 on pre-Check (AA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2013, 9:29 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'
Original Poster

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
And now on my most recent business trip I got pre-check in both directions!

No pattern to this whatsoever. I guess I was just on a really cold streak.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 4:46 pm

http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/like...g-tsa-precheck
Old Dec 27, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
0 for 30+

I have a strange situation, and need some insight from other users. I was one of the first one to opt in when PRE was approved for AA in ORD back in 2010. I also have GE too. My account was properly updated with all the pertinent information and known traveler ID #. Never had a problem with PRE from that point on, even when flying other carriers (UA, DL) as I've also have my profile updated with all pertinent data. Since Sept, it has all gone down hill whenever I travel AA. I get no PRE at all. This is on over 30 segments. Nada.

I placed numerous calls to AA, but nothing, I've deleted my ID #, entered it again, but it does no good. My profile has all pertinent information. I'm at my wits end as I've really come to enjoy the wonders of PRE, and dread the thought of not being able to participate on it. I just checked in for my flight tomorrow, and no sign of PRE. It will be another early morning to the airport.

Am I missing something? any suggestion?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 9:52 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by arollins
I have a strange situation, and need some insight from other users. I was one of the first one to opt in when PRE was approved for AA in ORD back in 2010. I also have GE too. My account was properly updated with all the pertinent information and known traveler ID #. Never had a problem with PRE from that point on, even when flying other carriers (UA, DL) as I've also have my profile updated with all pertinent data. Since Sept, it has all gone down hill whenever I travel AA. I get no PRE at all. This is on over 30 segments. Nada.

I placed numerous calls to AA, but nothing, I've deleted my ID #, entered it again, but it does no good. My profile has all pertinent information. I'm at my wits end as I've really come to enjoy the wonders of PRE, and dread the thought of not being able to participate on it. I just checked in for my flight tomorrow, and no sign of PRE. It will be another early morning to the airport.

Am I missing something? any suggestion?
What makes your situation even more frustrating is that at lots of airports, they are randomly placing pax in the pre-check line.
Double check if there are any spelling errors, mi in the wrong field. AA had been doing some "upgrading" of their software...which might account for your situation.
[For my last name, I find that about 50% of the time people switch two adjacent letters when they type it, even though another document from which they are copying it has it correct.]

PS: Does your general profile and the profile for each flight show "check marks" in all the appropriate places?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 7:56 am

That's the thing, I don't even get selected for the random pre check. I sent a snail mail to AA. Hopefully something will get fixed.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 4:58 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'
Original Poster

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum

Snail mail??? What's wrong, is your fax machine broken?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by g_leyser
Snail mail??? What's wrong, is your fax machine broken?
Simple answer, since this started happening, I've placed several calls to Advantage desk, I've also emailed them. I get the standard answer, everything looks good, they see my trusted traveler number on my profile, yet I still get no precheck. They are as stumped as I'm. This happens no matter if I check in online, aft the kiosk, or with the agent. I have nothing to lose.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 10:31 pm

Further update to my previous post. After a few NO PRE check on subsequent flights, I called AA, nothing new here. I called TSA , nothing new here either. Finally I called Global Entry, this is when things got interesting. When GE started, I was one of the first to apply. My application was filled with my first name, complete middle name last name and second last name. My passport and drivers license do not show my complete middle name, just my initial. This was the kicker, as this was the only "different" information. In the past, I never had any problems, but since September, no love with TSA PRE.

This is the unconfirmed part, so here it goes. On Sept, is when TSA PRE has been given in random to other flyers, hence their check up parameters may have increase. My complete middle name vs just initial may have created the problem. I had GE change my middle name to just my initial, so it matches my license and passport. Since that point, I've had PRE all the time. No problems. Seems that when PRE started being offered to "regular" passengers, their info is more stringent, anything different, instant denial, which probably explain the non random pre for at all.

For all purpose, look into this.

Last edited by arollins; Feb 3, 2014 at 7:40 pm
Old Feb 3, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
very interesting! thanks for the update. may help some others out there.
Old Feb 5, 2014, 9:18 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
I was 0 for 50 or so last year (aka 0%). Never knew why, 1/2 this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.