FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Trusted Travelers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers-732/)
-   -   Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewals for UK citizens (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trusted-travelers/1502683-global-entry-procedures-timelines-applications-renewals-uk-citizens.html)

Brit2021 Oct 9, 12 6:07 am

Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewals for UK citizens

I can confirm Global Entry is available to certain UK passport holders, by certain I mean its currently being trialled. You can only join if you are invited by Virgin / British Airways and you have to be one of their frequent flyers (highest tier) when filling in your application you need a promotional code which the airlines will give you if you qualify and of course you need to complete a CRB check.

I completed the process earlier this year and was approved, it goes without saying I actually enjoy flying into JFK now as opposed to being custom to waiting in line for a few hours!

The application process took 12 weeks for me though this was just before the summer holidays and expected due to an increase in registration!

Hope this helps.

More Champagne Sir? Jun 4, 13 10:38 am

Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewal for UK citizens

UK citizen with a code.

Applied: 15 May
Conditional approval email: 4 June
Appointment booked: 6 June at SFO (really pleased to get an appt so quickly!).

Will advise if approved...

More Champagne Sir? Jun 6, 13 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir? (Post 20864570)
UK citizen with a code.

Appointment booked: 6 June at SFO (really pleased to get an appt so quickly!).

Will advise if approved...

Had my appointment today at SFO. Got there about 40 minutes early, and they called me after waiting 20 minutes (so 20 mins early). Lots of confusion at first as none of the agents knew that UK citizens couple apply if they had a code, but a supervisor was called and all was sorted. All three agents I ended up interacting with were very friendly and apologetic they didn't know about this unusual application type.

Asked some questions about my long visited country list. Extra questions around Israel and Oman. Couple of Q's about Canada and Mexico. Fingerprints and picture taken. Demo machine not working(!) so no demo given.

Verbal approval provided, but advised confirmation email won't likely come until tomorrow as they're having some system issues today...

More Champagne Sir? Jun 11, 13 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir? (Post 20897881)
Still nothing... Very disconcerting to hear that others have been immediately approved in the mean time. Makes me wonder if something has gone wrong with my application :(.

Called SFO GE office just now and spoke to a far more helpful officer than the one I spoke to on Saturday morning. Turns out there was a minor 'check' outstanding on my application. She put me on hold for five minutes, came back and said Team Leader had approved it now and I was good to go. Two minutes later, GOES email arrived and indeed I am now showing online as approved! ^^

So in summary:
UK citizen with a code.
Appointment booked: 6 June at SFO
Approval: 11 June :)

SaraH101 Jul 9, 13 4:24 am

I have just completed Global Entry procedure at Atlanta, once you get through the online process the 'interview' seems to be a formality.
Does anyone know whether UK citizens receive a Global Entry card though? I received a letter with contradictory statements:

You can use Global Entry as soon as you get your card
and
Cards are only issued to US (and a few other) citizens

Any UK users know the answer?

More Champagne Sir? Jul 9, 13 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by SaraH101 (Post 21065602)
I have just completed Global Entry procedure at Atlanta, once you get through the online process the 'interview' seems to be a formality.
Does anyone know whether UK citizens receive a Global Entry card though? I received a letter with contradictory statements:

You can use Global Entry as soon as you get your card
and
Cards are only issued to US (and a few other) citizens

Any UK users know the answer?

Hi, I am a UK citizen and was approved last month. I have not received a card. This is no issue though as the card is only for driving between between US/Mexico and is *NOT* needed on arrival at airports off international flights.

PS - Welcome to flyertalk :).

choirgirl Aug 26, 13 10:50 am

For the benefit of any UK citizens (non US permanent residents) applying:

ACRO certificate application mailed: Friday 16th August
Application receipt acknowledged: Monday 19th August
Certificate received: Wednesday 21st August (I had chosen the priority option)
Global entry application submitted: Wednesday 21st August
Conditional approval received: Monday 26th August

I've just scheduled an interview for a couple of weeks's time, which is when I'm next in the US. Very happy with how smoothly and swiftly everything's gone so far.

JonathanC Sep 13, 13 6:30 am

Global entry program-processing time for UK citizens

Hi I realise this thread covers processing time but at over 90 pages its hard to find UK nationals experience of Global Entry.

As its fairly recently opened up to the masses (for citizens of the United Kingdom at least) I thought a new thread may be useful for people on the UK side of the pond!

Apologies If another similar thread exists - I did a search and found nothing UK GE focused!
EDIT: found this in the BA forum - but doesn't cover processing times so no overlap!

This thread is a good read too - but again not mentioning processing much

I'd be interested to hear experiences from those who have completed the process on a UK passport.

To save people reading 90 odd pages of the above thread - Here's a list of posts (that I noticed) from people with a UK passport:

More Champagne Sir? p66 posts #998,#1003
jcm9000 p74,78,82 posts #1099, #1247
brownie1967 p84 post #1276
choirgirl p89 post #1345
adjonline p89,p90,p91 posts #1354, #1370, #1386
Full Score p90,91 posts #1367, #1389
sajgidda p91 post #1377
Silver Fox p91.p92 posts #1379, #1391

choirgirl & More Champagne seem the only approved ones so far!

Processing time from submission to conditional approval seems around 4 weeks...ıt was 23 days for me

There's much debate/confusion on weather you should use the Reference on the top right or the number on the bottom left of the certificate. I used the former as that's the reference I was told by the ACPO (and is the one on the covering letter/email.)

I doubt its a show stopper either way as long as the certificate states 'NO TRACE'

Anyway my timelines:
Request to Larry for code: 15th Aug - 11.20am
Code received: in 6 mins!!
Applied for the police certificate 16th Aug (standard service)
ACPO Acknowledged receipt 28th Aug - (I got the ACPO to confirm the ref in email is as on the certificate)
Submitted GE application 30th Aug and am still pending review.
Received actual paper certificate 4th September
Conditional approval 23rd September
Intervıew currently scheduled 7 Dec JFK

I really should have waited to get the piece of paper but wanted to submit ASAP due to the processing times (and my next trip being in Dec)

Fortunately the certificate states no trace...

sajgidda Sep 13, 13 1:11 pm

September 3rd here. Believe there are two posters who applied on August 22nd and September 5th, both from the UK and both still 'Pending Review'

JonathanC Sep 16, 13 2:56 am

Originally Posted by sajgidda (Post 21440079)
September 3rd here. Believe there are two posters who applied on August 22nd and September 5th, both from the UK and both still 'Pending Review'

Thanks - so no one has gone through end-to-end yet?
(From the UK - I mean)

I thought exec BA members could apply for a while now?

sajgidda Sep 16, 13 4:22 am

Quite a few people already have it, but they tend to be BA Golds (and above) who applied a long time ago, the processing time tracking is only really useful for people who applied at roughly the same time. As I'm sure you've noticed, US Citizens applying today would probably have their approval within 48 hours (understandably) but the times are much, much longer for foreign nationals

The first I heard of this was in the thread on the BA board, I tend to fly American and they didn't have any useful information for me, I only got mine by emailing the GE Rep who graciously offered to help so many of us out with codes. To be honest, if I have to wait until October just for clearance I think it will be difficult to get an appointment during my next trip, but we all just have to wait and see. Hopefully they start getting through the UK applications

JonathanC Sep 16, 13 5:21 am

Yeah I got a code from Larry too :)

adjonline Sep 16, 13 6:54 am

ACRO certificate application mailed: Monday 19th August
Application receipt acknowledged: Tuesday 20th August
Certificate received: Thursday 22nd August (Premium Service)
Global entry application submitted: Thursday 22nd August
Conditional Approval: Monday 23rd September

EDIflyer Sep 16, 13 2:30 pm

I hadn't realised the processing times were quite so long - will keep fingers crossed! GOES application made yesterday (using existing Disclosure Scotland/PVG clearance cert). Will be going through quite a few US airports at the end of Oct so hopefully be in a position to have an interview by then and should be able to find a slot somewhere. From what I've read on some blogs they also seem to be reasonably flexible about taking folk earlier if they've got a space so hopefully it'll be do-able around the constraints of flight timing.

gavvy Sep 17, 13 2:34 pm

Hi

First time poster here so be gentle!

Applied today after getting my police certificate, only problem is I have just noticed I have omitted one digit off my driving licence! hopefully it wont matter too much :-(