Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Old Dec 6, 2015, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by BAflyer90
Just had my conditional approval after 6 days - applied last Monday and received approval this morning (Sunday).

I'm a bit disappointed by the interview availability! I spend a lot of time in Portland but there is zero availability there. I travel to Denver sometimes, but their earliest appointment is in March next year.

I'll be in London over Christmas, but zero availability at any of those locations.

Seattle has availability in February which is a mere 150 mile drive from Portland. I may have to go for that due to lack of other options.
Keep checking frequently. Spots often open up if you look closer to desired time of appointment.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 9:41 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb, Hilton Diamond
Just got conditionally approved and all the London locations are fully booked. Managed to book something for LAS in Jan with no problems though. Going to keep an eye out for the London ones opening up again.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:00 pm

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
I changed my appointment to PHL, on my way back to the UK, so there would have been one appointment left at the Embassy in London so hopefully someone on here got it.
Old Dec 6, 2015, 11:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Best Western Diamond
[QUOTE=wytco0;25822468]Interesting how did you get a London interview, I tried all 3 London locations and there are no slots at all

My employer had slots which can't be booked online.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Keep checking frequently. Spots often open up if you look closer to desired time of appointment.
Thanks, I will keep checking. In fact since my post, I did book for Seattle in mid-Feb, and then managed to move up to 1st Feb after a couple of re-checks. So I hope this trend will continue
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:16 am

Programs: Gold Mega Legend
delete....
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:29 am

Bit disappointed to see this has been moved to the USA board.

I wouldn't have looked for answers there and I think a lot of BA FTers have an interest in this thread, particularly when it comes to discussing interview options.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 3:59 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
I wouldn't have looked for answers there and I think a lot of BA FTers have an interest in this thread, particularly when it comes to discussing interview options.
What about Virgin Atlantic FTers? Having this thread in the "destination" area seems to be the best neutral approach for FTers regardless of the airline/alliance.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 4:39 am

Yes, I understand the argument and the need for consistency.

I think that it will see much less traffic from UK travellers (even if they were BA folk) as a result of the move. Just my 2p.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 4:50 am

At my JFK GE interview, I was asked reasonable questions (e.g. name; where I work in the UK; where I live, etc). It mostly seemed like it was confirming everything on my application form. It felt quite formal but then again it should. It didn't feel as formal as the usual admission interview at the border though.

Assuming your flight is on time in JFK, then should be more than fine to get to your interview I got across in 45 minutes from the AA terminal to T4, even when having to go through immigration.

There is a paper-and-pen sign-in sheet on a clipboard when you get to the GE enrolment centre in T4. You just write in your details and then sit down. There was no human interaction during sign in sheet- it was just placed outside the waiting area and you're directed by a sign to the waiting area. A quick nod to the other applicants waiting in there, and I sat down. I was on time.

About five minutes later, I was called in by name by a gent who had picked up the clipboard sign-in sheet- presumably he had just looked at the sheet and selected me as the next person who was on time. I noticed that some people had filled in the sign-in sheet that were late (the sign-in sheet asks for your time of arrival and the time of your interview). It wasn't too busy when I was there (maybe 4 people waiting, 3 people in interviews at the time). If you had similar situation then I imagine they'd fit you in but probably after getting through all the people who are on time. It must happen all the time and it wasn't particularly busy.

I would imagine you can talk to somebody at the enrolment centre if you really were late, but if you were 5/10 minutes late then I'd just fill in your details and sit down
Old Dec 7, 2015, 4:54 am

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Yes, I understand the argument and the need for consistency.

I think that it will see much less traffic from UK travellers (even if they were BA folk) as a result of the move. Just my 2p.
Agreed. There are a number of threads in the BA board which aren't BA-specific but which are reasonably kept there due to the interest of many BA flyers - sometimes the approach for consistency seems seems a little inconsistently applied but I understand the good-faith rationale for the movement. The thread had happily existed in the BA board for around 2 years prior to being moved to the USA forum. This shouldn't turn into a discussion/debate about the merits of moving/not moving the thread though as that is fruitless so I shall leave it here with the hope that the thread continues and receives a good degree of traffic. Nonetheless, thank you for your hard work moderators I appreciate it.

Last edited by Simon Schus; Dec 7, 2015 at 5:05 am
Old Dec 7, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
I am not wrong, one is not emailed when the status of GOES application changes from Pending Review to something else, right? In the light of that, if checking 2-3 times a day, which times are the best to do it? It seems that people are getting their status changed even at weekends, but does aligning checking with normal US business hours make sense?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by techie
I am not wrong, one is not emailed when the status of GOES application changes from Pending Review to something else, right? In the light of that, if checking 2-3 times a day, which times are the best to do it? It seems that people are getting their status changed even at weekends, but does aligning checking with normal US business hours make sense?
I received an email when the status changed from 'Pending Review' to 'Conditional Approval'. I also received an email when the status changed from' Conditional Approval' to 'Approved'.

I have no idea if there is a lag in the email being sent for a change from 'Pending Review' to 'Conditional Approval'. In the change from 'Conditional Approval' to 'Approved', there was a definitely lag though; I already knew it was approved both by being handed a piece of paper with my Known Traveller Number at the interview, and then logging onto the GOES website soon after and seeing the words 'Approved'. The confirmation email came through a few hours later.

Last edited by Simon Schus; Dec 7, 2015 at 9:15 am
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by Simon Schus
I received an email when the status changed from 'Pending Review' to 'Conditional Approval'. I also received an email when the status changed from' Conditional Approval' to 'Approved'.
OK, thank you. Not sure why they encourage people to log into the portal to check status if email confirmation is sent anyway.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by techie
OK, thank you. Not sure why they encourage people to log into the portal to check status if email confirmation is sent anyway.
In both cases, the email was generic with text reading: "There has been a recent change to the status of your application. Please login to your GOES account for more information."

As per the instruction, I then had to log in to see what the change was.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.