Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:29 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by techie
I got the code from BF, but sent them a question whether there is a process for those who are already cleared in terms of background checks (like I am) and if I can just fast track to the code for GOES on that basis. If I do not hear back by the end of the day, I will apply through Home Office anyway as it would be good to get in ahead of the rush.
It only takes hours for the BF process.

Unless you are thinking of having Ł42 fee waived?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Do you need additional codes for spouses etc.?

I have been sent one, but didn't want to email back asking for another if it was not required.

Ta
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
sorry where do you get the code from? isn't clear from the website.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Do you need additional codes for spouses etc.?

I have been sent one, but didn't want to email back asking for another if it was not required.

Ta
Yes ... but ...

Originally Posted by rrrrrich
sorry where do you get the code from? isn't clear from the website.
You only need a code for the advanced 'beta' phase. You get it by emailing the address on the website - they might take a few hours to come back with one.

It opens to the general public tomorrow. I'd just hold on now.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:09 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by jms_uk
It only takes hours for the BF process.

Unless you are thinking of having Ł42 fee waived?
Yes, while I do not mind resupplying the information in the portal, I would rather not fork out the extra fee to Home Office.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:09 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Hyatt (Globalist)
thanks for clarifying. not sure where the email address is (apologies, in a rush and haven't been able to scan more than a few pages back). Any help now would be good so I get on it before travelling!
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rrrrrich
thanks for clarifying. not sure where the email address is (apologies, in a rush and haven't been able to scan more than a few pages back). Any help now would be good so I get on it before travelling!
See the note in the wiki.

Home Office Beta registration page for Global Entry - https://global-entry.beta.homeoffice...ister-to-apply - try sending an email to the address at the bottom of the page to get a code.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:14 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Any harm in asking if they have a cancellation/opening on the day, at one of the US [airport] centres?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Any harm in asking if they have a cancellation/opening on the day, at one of the US [airport] centres?
Of course not, what are they going to do, shoot you?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold.
Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
Looked for appointments and found one at CBI on Friday afternoon (only 1 appointment left for the whole of London). I would expect more dates and locations to open up when this is fully launched tomorrow.
When I had my appointment yesterday, a woman arrived with her daughter. They'd both received conditional approval, but there was only one interview slot left. They both came to the appointment in the hope that they'd both be processed, even though only one had one appointment.

The agent did comment that she was trying her luck slightly, but I think they were able to do it and process them both. There were two officers handling the enrolments - it seemed that one had a slightly higher level of access than the other. Apparently someone had been turned away earlier in the day as the agent was unable to find his application. However, the agent with higher access subsequently found the application on the system, and they were trying to get in contact with the applicant to ask him to come back to the centre.

Just mentioning this because it does seem like if they're able to find the conditional approval on the system, there's a certain amount of flexibility to allow people to be processed outside of their fixed appointment time.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by techie
Yes, while I do not mind resupplying the information in the portal, I would rather not fork out the extra fee to Home Office.
Update: just heard back from BF that I still need to undertake the checks. There goes the Ł42 then
Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:27 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lowpitch
When I had my appointment yesterday, a woman arrived with her daughter. They'd both received conditional approval, but there was only one interview slot left. They both came to the appointment in the hope that they'd both be processed, even though only one had one appointment.

The agent did comment that she was trying her luck slightly, but I think they were able to do it and process them both. There were two officers handling the enrolments - it seemed that one had a slightly higher level of access than the other. Apparently someone had been turned away earlier in the day as the agent was unable to find his application. However, the agent with higher access subsequently found the application on the system, and they were trying to get in contact with the applicant to ask him to come back to the centre.

Just mentioning this because it does seem like if they're able to find the conditional approval on the system, there's a certain amount of flexibility to allow people to be processed outside of their fixed appointment time.
They can process people even before scheduled appointment times/dates. Some of us have showed up months before an appointment to get GE final approval/"interview" completed even at places where we had no appointment. The willingness of the CBP employees varies as does the ability to access the venue, but it's possible when conditionally approved and dealing with a willing CBP employee at an accessible facility.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
They can process people even before scheduled appointment times/dates. Some of us have showed up months before an appointment to get GE final approval/"interview" completed even at places where we had no appointment. The willingness of the CBP employees varies as does the ability to access the venue, but it's possible when conditionally approved and dealing with a willing CBP employee at an accessible facility.
If my application does not go through in time before my New Year holiday in the US to allow me to do an interview in London, I would hope that CBP will allow me to do it in my connecting point in the US. As it stands, my flight will arrive shortly before the office at the airport is due to close, which is unfortunate when you look at places like Miami that are open 0800-2200 daily.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: GGL, UA 1MM
Provisional approval came through for me whilst in the US. I see no availability in London, so if I make an appointment here, will an emailed/scanned utility bill be sufficient? Or do they need originals?

Otherwise just passport required?

Thanks
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:59 am

Originally Posted by 2358
Provisional approval came through for me whilst in the US. I see no availability in London, so if I make an appointment here, will an emailed/scanned utility bill be sufficient? Or do they need originals?

Otherwise just passport required?

Thanks
You would probably be best contacting CBP about copies vs originals. They may ask for copies to be notarized. As for "just passport" bit, here is the blurb from CBP's website:

You will need to bring your valid passport(s) and one other form of identification, such as a driver’s license or ID card to the interview. If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must present your permanent resident card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.