Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bram
How? Where in BA MMB can you enter a US Trusted Traveler ID?
I've not found this either, so am keen to be educated on this point. Might just need to ring in to BA.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, JJC
Originally Posted by 14940674
Was your BP scanned for PreCheck encoding, or were you simply directed to PreCheck through the Managed Inclusion program? As far as I know, BA has no capacity to encode BPs with PreCheck eligibility, since it is not a participating carrier.
In response to this and the other questions, I'm sorry but I don't know...I no longer have the boarding card...it was scanned and I was directed to the PreCheck line. Everyone else in that line was a US Airways passenger. I never looked at the boarding card or what was on it unfortunately. I've never entered a US trusted traveller ID with BA.

Sounds to me like managed inclusion as you've described.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This email has just gone out. Looking at other threads, it appears the TSA has been doing this unofficially, or as a trial, for a while, but at least it clarifies some recent experiences. And gives another reason for being part of Global Entry. I've heard unofficially that more UK passport holders will be allowed to join later in 2014, though I have no dates or numbers. It also makes it clear that alien citizens can use TSA Precheck, my Global Entry is based on a UK passport. My bolding.

Originally Posted by U.S. Department of Homeland Security

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is partnering with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) for the TSA Pre✓™ program. TSA Pre✓™ allows eligible passengers to qualify for expedited screening at participating U.S. airports with participating airlines. We are pleased to announce that TSA has extended TSA Pre✓™ eligibility to additional Global Entry program members and you are receiving this email because you have been identified as a Global Entry member who is eligible for TSA Pre✓™.

If TSA determines a passenger is eligible for expedited screening through TSA Pre✓™, the TSA Pre✓™ logo will print on the boarding pass and passengers may be referred to the TSA Pre✓™ lane where they will undergo expedited screening. This may include no longer removing shoes, light outerwear and belts and allowing laptops to remain in their cases and 3-1-1 compliant liquids/gels bags in their carry-ons.

Global Entry members interested in participating in TSA Pre✓™ must enter their PASS ID into the “Known Traveler” field when booking a flight reservation or saving their PASS ID to their airline’s frequent flyer profile under the field marked “Known Traveler Number” (KTN). The airlines refer to the PASS ID as the “Known Traveler Number”. Members can find their PASS ID online through their Global Online Enrollment System (GOES) account. If passengers are experiencing difficulties applying their PASS ID, more information can be found at tsa.gov, or at the participating airlines website.

When traveling on one of the TSA Pre✓™ participating airlines, CBP Trusted Traveler members should remember to provide the airline with their full name, date of birth and PASS ID/KTN exactly as it appears in their GOES account to ensure they are properly considered for TSA Pre✓™.

It is important to note that a passenger will only receive TSA Pre✓™ access when traveling on a participating airline. To date, the following airlines are participating in TSA Pre✓™:
• Alaska Airlines
• American Airlines
• Delta Air Lines
• Hawaiian Airlines
• JetBlue Airways
• Southwest Airlines
• United Airlines
• US Airways
• Virgin America

TSA Pre✓™ is available at over 100 airports across the United States.

To learn more, visit www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Interesting, haven't received that yet. Since i get it under my AA number (that i no longer use) you would think they would, but hey ho, no more travel in the near future for me.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 12:47 pm

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
I received this email yesterday. I have had my GE number in my AA profile a while now and got TSA Pre on all my AA boarding passes so far this year.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 1:35 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
The problem now is that, whilst having been offered TSAPre with GE, I have to change my AA Tier Point runs to credit to AA, so I can have Pre. But then I will need to change them back at the gate to get BA credit. Ho Hum.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 1:37 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Markie
The problem now is that, whilst having been offered TSAPre with GE, I have to change my AA Tier Point runs to credit to AA, so I can have Pre. But then I will need to change them back at the gate to get BA credit. Ho Hum.
I've not needed to do that. I've always had my BAEC number on my bookings, and when on AA flights, I get TSA Pre-Check stamped on my BPs.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 1:50 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Markie
Can't you add your known traveller number ot the booking instead? Not tried on AA, but this is how it works on my VX bookings.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Lots of GE kiosks available at EWR earlier this week, worked like a dream. Colleagues in the normal non-US queue took nearly an hour to get through. I also had TSApre for my UA connection at EWR and then again out of PIT on the way home yesterday. No issue with UK passport at either lane. Transatlantic travel has become much easier. Great scheme. ^
Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:27 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by billinghamn
I've not needed to do that. I've always had my BAEC number on my bookings, and when on AA flights, I get TSA Pre-Check stamped on my BPs.
Same here. That's what I've been doing too.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: DL-Gold; BAEC-Newbie Silver
Originally Posted by Full Score
Or maybe they'll get worse. Under the current implementation Americans with Leave to Remain in the UK are banned from registering for the UK Registered Traveller scheme. Totally stupid on all counts - people who have demonstrated their commitment to the UK having passed exams and interviews are discriminated against in favour of occasional visitors. It makes absolutely zero sense. When the scheme becomes "official" in April, I doubt that they will change this.

What absolute nonsense. With such lack of logic it's no wonder the US is reacting unfavourably.
As an American currently based in London, I can totally vouch for that! Oh, how I miss IRIS!
Old Feb 1, 2014, 12:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by umichguy
Oh, how I miss IRIS!
Ironic that as a UK passport holder with GE, it is now considerably more convenient to enter the US than it is to get back into my own country.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by JeffBHD
Ironic that as a UK passport holder with GE, it is now considerably more convenient to enter the US than it is to get back into my own country.
I don't think so. epassport works fine, don't have to verify anything or fill in an electronic customs form. Why do you say that? Or have I just been lucky with getting back into the UK ?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by JeffBHD
Absolutely, I have said this myself on a number of occasions. I can be through security and customs in any US airport in around 10 mins from the doors opening. The LHR experience nearly always takes 30-40 mins even when the ePassport gates are working/staffed/ have a queue under 300 people.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Ditto - the only upside to connecting from the regions is that the Fast Track queue for immigration on domestic connections is normally pretty quick - sadly it's then followed by having to re-clear security!!

No email from CBP for me despite having GE and received email updates from them before.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.