Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2013, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Britsinvade
I'm surprised that with the close ties the US and UK share that we haven't been further up the list of approved countries.
You're surprised that the UK isn't ahead of Israel and Saudi Arabia in the list of countries wielding the most power with U.S. politicians?
Old May 12, 2013, 11:49 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
It's not popular knowledge in the UK that the Special Relationship is one-directional.
Old May 13, 2013, 12:57 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, VS gold, Centurion
Despite already having Global entry I was offered a code at a US airport last month. Also one of my colleagues (Gold member) was also offered a code at the same airport. I am not naming the airport in case the staff were bending the rules for regular users of that airport and then get inundated with requests or even worse get in trouble with BA.
Old May 13, 2013, 8:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete

It's not popular knowledge in the UK that the Special Relationship is one-directional.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/ni...-2013-edition/
Old May 13, 2013, 8:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Don't you know, everyone has the special relationship with Obama. This video from Denmark is great (with subtitles)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erYpXzE9Pxs
Old May 13, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Originally Posted by BizFlyin
Don't you know, everyone has the special relationship with Obama. This video from Denmark is great (with subtitles)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erYpXzE9Pxs
Brilliant^
Old May 13, 2013, 9:01 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Britsinvade
You were lucky with that one - congrats. I tried with AA but to no avail. Am hoping they open this up soon as I read recently that Israel and Saudi Arabia will soon be able to apply http://www.politico.com/story/2013/0...ers-89448.html

I'm surprised that with the close ties the US and UK share that we haven't been further up the list of approved countries.
The larger number of persons who may apply for it from, and/or the relatively more open societies of, some countries may be a reason for the way this is being rolled out.
Old May 13, 2013, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
What special arrangements do we offer to US citizens seeking to enter the UK that we don't offer to other "Western" partners?

And if we don't, why should the US offer us anything special in return?
Old May 13, 2013, 2:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
What special arrangements do we offer to US citizens seeking to enter the UK that we don't offer to other "Western" partners?

Not sure we offer anything specifically for the US (although I believe when IRIS was functional, this was open to many other country's citizens to apply).

As rightly pointed out, it is often a one-way relationship and yes, Israel may well be up there on the list due to the US politicians, but I still think there's a lot to be said for getting the UK on board (Not just because I want it! )

I wonder if it has anything to do with the UK government? I guess they would have to release some of our data to the US authorities?
Old May 13, 2013, 3:21 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by Globaliser

We don't currently have a multi-country fast-track immigration programme. The US does and the UK's not part of it. All I'm saying is that it's no surprise.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: BA
Question Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewal for UK citizens

UK citizen with a code.

Applied: 15 May
Conditional approval email: 4 June
Appointment booked: 6 June at SFO (really pleased to get an appt so quickly!).

Will advise if approved...
Old Jun 6, 2013, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
UK citizen with a code.

Appointment booked: 6 June at SFO (really pleased to get an appt so quickly!).

Will advise if approved...
Had my appointment today at SFO. Got there about 40 minutes early, and they called me after waiting 20 minutes (so 20 mins early). Lots of confusion at first as none of the agents knew that UK citizens couple apply if they had a code, but a supervisor was called and all was sorted. All three agents I ended up interacting with were very friendly and apologetic they didn't know about this unusual application type.

Asked some questions about my long visited country list. Extra questions around Israel and Oman. Couple of Q's about Canada and Mexico. Fingerprints and picture taken. Demo machine not working(!) so no demo given.

Verbal approval provided, but advised confirmation email won't likely come until tomorrow as they're having some system issues today...
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
Still nothing... Very disconcerting to hear that others have been immediately approved in the mean time. Makes me wonder if something has gone wrong with my application .
Called SFO GE office just now and spoke to a far more helpful officer than the one I spoke to on Saturday morning. Turns out there was a minor 'check' outstanding on my application. She put me on hold for five minutes, came back and said Team Leader had approved it now and I was good to go. Two minutes later, GOES email arrived and indeed I am now showing online as approved! ^^

So in summary:
UK citizen with a code.
Appointment booked: 6 June at SFO
Approval: 11 June
Old Jun 21, 2013, 9:20 am

I received a magical code through my Corp TA who I believe received it from UA. Had my interview last week at SFO and am now fully approved for Global Entry. .

I did ask a supervisor when I left the office about the process for UK citizens, and he said he believed less than 300 codes had been issued in total. Apparently part of the problem is the equivalent criminal record checks that the US insist upon are handled in the UK by the Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) department and they are just not geared up or capable for the mass onslaught of applications that would come their way if it was opened up to British citizens. (NB: the certificate is NOT the same as the standard or even the enhanced CRB check). So unfortunately, the message was clear that this will not be opening up en-masse to UK citizens any time soon .
Old Jun 21, 2013, 9:26 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
I have one too. Makes life a lot easier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.