Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2013, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by jcm9000
Its great, isn't it? It has massively improved all US entry points for me. I also noticed the machines out of order at MIA, and it has been that way for a while. Has anyone emailed Larry Panetta to let him know, as I bet he likes to know about that kind of thing going by how helpful he has been? I will if no one else has.
Do the machines not work at MIA???!!!

Dear Chr!st on a Bugatti, that's the one place you would want them to work.

Universal rules of life: don't prosecute a land war in Asia and never arrive into the US of States in MIA.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 10:12 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
I have gotten this on AA, but be aware that as soon as you show your foreign ID, they will almost certainly kick you out of the PreTSA line.
I used my UK passport and remained unkicked!
Old Dec 21, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Some machines at Mia work, but last time I went through and from recent reports, many do not.

Also when I have had tsa pre, I have been able to use it, even when they realise I am a Brit. Never been an issue. May be an issue at some airports though, treatment can be very different at different airports. Might be worth reporting here or ona tsa pre thread everyone's experiences.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jcm9000
Some machines at Mia work, but last time I went through and from recent reports, many do not.

Also when I have had tsa pre, I have been able to use it, even when they realise I am a Brit. Never been an issue. May be an issue at some airports though, treatment can be very different at different airports. Might be worth reporting here or ona tsa pre thread everyone's experiences.
Technically TSAPre was only meant for US citizens. The TSA website at the moment seems vague on whether this has been opened up (I mean vague in the sense that the foreign component is now missing on the site, but the FAQs are not explicit). Only a week ago, I was not allowed in the TSAPre line at JFK in T8.

Originally Posted by knifeandfork
Do the machines not work at MIA???!!!

Dear Chr!st on a Bugatti, that's the one place you would want them to work.

Universal rules of life: don't prosecute a land war in Asia and never arrive into the US of States in MIA.
The MIA machines worked for me yesterday. IMHO, I have found the 1st generation GE machines (at a number of different airports) where you place your passport facing up as opposed to the 2nd generation machines problematic. Often even with the passport in the correct way, the machines seem to not like my passport and just pretends it is not even there. I've not had problems with the 2nd generation machines where you place your passport down.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
I have GE, a British passport, and the results vary from airport to airport as to whether TSA Pre works for me or not.

What they say:
"TSA Pre✓™ applicants must be U.S. citizens, U.S nationals, or Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs)"

However, was fine at SFO, ORD, but LAS was a massive no-no. All flights were United, and all boarding passes had TSA Pre on them.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 6:21 am

Programs: UA 2MM, Life UC, Global Entry (UK citizen)
If you get a U.S. Driver's License (or some other Id?), and use that as your Id, there should be no question as to your citizenship. I do that all the time at DEN and go straight through the TSA Pre Check in under a minute. (I'm UK citizen on US E2 Visa.)
Old Dec 22, 2013, 6:37 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by EMan
If you get a U.S. Driver's License (or some other Id?), and use that as your Id, there should be no question as to your citizenship. I do that all the time at DEN and go straight through the TSA Pre Check in under a minute. (I'm UK citizen on US E2 Visa.)
My US drivers licence expired and I was unable to renew it without a visa. I am back in UK now.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
At LAS I did this as I have a CA license but she would not budge once she had seen the UK passport, next time I shall play the license first. Live and learn.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 10:25 am

This is very interesting. I've wondered about this. I'm an O1 with a CA drivers licence. How could I try to bluff a TSA Pre? Do you get it through status on AA?
Old Dec 22, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I have had TSA Pre on all my AA BPs in recent months and assumed this was based on my OW Emerald (BA Gold) status. Nobody has ever asked about my nationality - Why would they if the BP shows one to be eligible ?
Old Dec 31, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
I stuck a post on the trusted traveller section, but zero response, so I'm falling back on the BA board for this one...

Has something happened to Amsterdam GE enrollment center? I don't see it on the list...
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond
UK to join Global Entry program

Gone ... Few months ago ...
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:06 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by TheBigRat
Gone ... Few months ago ...
Very annoying...

In fact the only overseas one I can see is Doha and a few canadian ones...
Old Jan 1, 2014, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by aceman
Very annoying...

In fact the only overseas one I can see is Doha and a few canadian ones...
Ditto...the timing of the conditional approval could have been better for me. Now it seems I'd have to make a separate trip to North America or Canada by end of March purely for Global Entry. Why can't AMS open its doors once again?!
Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:19 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tim nice but dim
Ditto...the timing of the conditional approval could have been better for me. Now it seems I'd have to make a separate trip to North America or Canada by end of March purely for Global Entry. Why can't AMS open its doors once again?!
You don't need to make a special trip. Just make an initial appointment to satisfy the need to do so within 30 days of your conditional approval (anywhere will do), then just keep re-arranging it as later slots become available at different centres. As far as I know, there's no restriction on the number of times you're allowed to make a change - I've done three so far to best fit my travel plans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.