Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2013, 4:37 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by billinghamn
I had my interview at JFK on Friday and I was only asked a couple of simple questions about my name, address and occupation etc, provided my fingerprints, photo and my Acro form was scanned in, and that was it. I asked whether I would get an email and I was told they don't provide these now, and I was approved and I could start using it immediately. Great I thought.

Well I ended up with my first GE attempt trying to get back in to MIA from GCM. After scanning my passport it immediately failed my attempt and just asked me to report to Passport Control. I took my slip and handed it over and was told that my application hadn't been approved because no one at JFK had reviewed my fingerprints yet, and the email automatically gets issued. So I don't think the woman I saw knew what she was doing.

The passport control guy also said it wasn't the first time, because the JFK centre seemed to make a lot of errors. So I've got to ring JFK GE centre and get them to sort it out. Luckily I'm due back at JFK on Sunday. I think I was also fortunate to be dealt with by a guy who's involved in doing interviews at Miami - he was happy to process this use of GE by taking my fingerprints. I would not have been happy having to get to the back of a very long queue.

Anyway, if anyone has an interview coming up worth explicitly checking at the interview whether the officer has checked your fingerprints.
I am glad I read this before going to my interview at JFK this afternoon, snow willing.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 2:39 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Well I ended up with my first GE attempt trying to get back in to MIA from GCM. After scanning my passport it immediately failed my attempt and just asked me to report to Passport Control. I took my slip and handed it over and was told that my application hadn't been approved because no one at JFK had reviewed my fingerprints yet, and the email automatically gets issued. So I don't think the woman I saw knew what she was doing.

The passport control guy also said it wasn't the first time, because the JFK centre seemed to make a lot of errors. So I've got to ring JFK GE centre and get them to sort it out. Luckily I'm due back at JFK on Sunday. I think I was also fortunate to be dealt with by a guy who's involved in doing interviews at Miami - he was happy to process this use of GE by taking my fingerprints. I would not have been happy having to get to the back of a very long queue.

Anyway, if anyone has an interview coming up worth explicitly checking at the interview whether the officer has checked your fingerprints.
I went back to JFK GE Enrolment Centre last Sunday and they acknowledged it hadn't been approved, and there was a problem, but they didn't know how long it would take to resolve. Apparently it had to go to Washington to be sorted!

Anyway I am pleased to report that I got my approval email yesterday so the problem has obviously been sorted now. Good job - heading back over to the US today, and will be taking my wife to the JFK GE Enrolment Centre on Fri for her interview. Hopefully hers won't suffer the same problems as mine.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 2:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA lifetime gold, Marriott Rewards platinum
Thanks for the information about JFK. I have my interview just after Christmas on the 27th, so this is very helpful.

Let's hope the lines for regular entry at JFK are not too bad on Saturday afternoon, I hoping that this will be last one for me without Global Entry.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 5:51 am

more JFK

I missed my appointment this week because of the snow in Boston. I did call the office at JFK who told me I could show up any time before the office closed at 8pm. Sadly I missed this by 4 hours.

I went down the next day on the off chance. There was a note at the top of the sign in sheet - "No Walk Ups". I was just about to walk off when an agent asked me if he could help me. I explained the situation, he pointed to the note and said, "take a seat". 15 mins later I was processed. Much "Merry Christmas' all round. I had the confirmation e mail this morning.

He was one of the most pleasant US Government officials I have ever encountered and the office seemed a happy place, staff and customers alike. So unlike an immigration queue.

Top marks to that chap. ^^^
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:30 am

Had my interview at the downtown location in DC this week.

Pleasant, brisk and businesslike: I reported fifteen minutes before my appointment time and was back out on the street with my confirmation on my iPhone a minute after my appointed time.

They wanted my approval letter, UK driver's licence and passport and visa. Didn't ask to see the ACRO certificate.

There were maybe four people waiting when I arrived with slots around my time. It took less than five minutes per person.

Only depressing note was that when my current work visa runs out in a year I'm going to have to make another appointment to have that put in the system.

That said, they can - and did with me - make you eligible for GOES both on your existing visa and any ESTA. So if I enter on an ESTA for leisure should I not have a current work visa, I'll be able to use the machines.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 10:41 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Can ESTA be added to GE?

Originally Posted by knifeandfork
....when my current work visa runs out in a year I'm going to have to make another appointment to have that put in the system.

That said, they can - and did with me - make you eligible for GOES both on your existing visa and any ESTA. So if I enter on an ESTA for leisure should I not have a current work visa, I'll be able to use the machines.
I'm in a similar position. I have GE with a UK passport and my current work visa is in the record. It expires in May 2014. Thereafter I will enter for leisure only using an ESTA, although I don't have one at present.

Do you know how to add an ESTA to the GE record, or does the system at the kiosk automatically look for one in the recorded flight information?
Old Dec 19, 2013, 11:11 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Full Score
I'm in a similar position. I have GE with a UK passport and my current work visa is in the record. It expires in May 2014. Thereafter I will enter for leisure only using an ESTA, although I don't have one at present.

Do you know how to add an ESTA to the GE record, or does the system at the kiosk automatically look for one in the recorded flight information?
I think the airline checks you have an ESTA based on your advance information in your booking. I have never been asked for ESTA information at the kiosk.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
UK to join Global Entry program

just arrived at SNN on BA001 and sailed through immigration using GE kiosk for the first time. Top stuff. 5 mins after leaving the plane I'm waiting in the special zone to re board.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:14 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
just arrived at SNN on BA001 and sailed through immigration using GE kiosk for the first time. Top stuff. 5 mins after leaving the plane I'm waiting in the special zone to re board.
Its great, isn't it? It has massively improved all US entry points for me. I also noticed the machines out of order at MIA, and it has been that way for a while. Has anyone emailed Larry Panetta to let him know, as I bet he likes to know about that kind of thing going by how helpful he has been? I will if no one else has.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:28 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I did wonder if anyone bothered using GE at SNN, as there was never seemed any point to it on BA0001, unless you got stuck behind another plane load of pax.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 3:59 pm

OT Pre TSA

Slightly off topic, I got PreTSA again today at RDU. It seems I get this on Delta and United (with whom I fly rarely) but never with BA or AA. Anyone with an idea why?
Old Dec 20, 2013, 6:45 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by squeeler
Slightly off topic, I got PreTSA again today at RDU. It seems I get this on Delta and United (with whom I fly rarely) but never with BA or AA. Anyone with an idea why?
Did you have a delta and united ff number in with them? Did you add your goes number to the bookings? On an American airline, you should get it with GE and their ff program as you can enter your goes number in their ff program. I get it on aa with an aa number and goes account info even though I am not a us citizen or any links to the us. On aa with a ba number you shouldn't but sporadic reports some are, and also that tsa pre is being rolled out to all randomly at some locations anyway, possibly system glitch like when I was approved as an aa plat when it first came out, but again, a Brit, no ties to the us other than an aa account! There is a big tsa pre thread, or some info here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...6-tsa-pre.html
Old Dec 21, 2013, 12:34 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by chistery
I did wonder if anyone bothered using GE at SNN, as there was never seemed any point to it on BA0001, unless you got stuck behind another plane load of pax.
Yes indeed - twice - and was through in 90 seconds from arriving at pre-screening to the little lounge by the gate. It was useful on my first trip as other planes were in pre-clearance at the same time as BA1
Old Dec 21, 2013, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by jcm9000
Did you have a delta and united ff number in with them? Did you add your goes number to the bookings? On an American airline, you should get it with GE and their ff program as you can enter your goes number in their ff program. I get it on aa with an aa number and goes account info even though I am not a us citizen or any links to the us. On aa with a ba number you shouldn't but sporadic reports some are, and also that tsa pre is being rolled out to all randomly at some locations anyway, possibly system glitch like when I was approved as an aa plat when it first came out, but again, a Brit, no ties to the us other than an aa account! There is a big tsa pre thread, or some info here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...6-tsa-pre.html
Thanks. I have not done any of the above, but I will follow the thread you mentioned. Thanks for the help.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 9:46 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by squeeler
I have gotten this on AA, but be aware that as soon as you show your foreign ID, they will almost certainly kick you out of the PreTSA line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.