Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2013, 10:16 pm
CTV

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL
Originally Posted by jcm9000
CTV, very nice information indeed. I'll extend a welcome to you from your first post, even if you are a long time lurker! So...welcome! Do post some more!
Thanks for the welcome and yes, I must post more now!
Old Nov 22, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Platinum
I can recommend San Juan as an excellent place for the GE interview. Wide open availability, and (in my case at least) a charming and chatty CBP officer who is a credit to his agency. Spot on time with my appointment as well. At the end of the interview I was given a practical demo of how to use the machine, and my final approval had come through by the time I got to the Admirals Club.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BasilBush
I can recommend San Juan as an excellent place for the GE interview. Wide open availability, and (in my case at least) a charming and chatty CBP officer who is a credit to his agency. Spot on time with my appointment as well. At the end of the interview I was given a practical demo of how to use the machine, and my final approval had come through by the time I got to the Admirals Club.
Totally agree (see my post in the BAEC GE thread) - very helpful and painless process, although glad I had my T-Mobile USA SIM card to be able to phone them to gain access (the buzzer is out of order but they mention this on the booking confirmation).
Old Nov 30, 2013, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA 3MM
After some false starts, finally made my online application Oct 31st. Today is Nov 30th, application still pending. How long is it taking these days ?
Old Dec 3, 2013, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, AAdvantage, Marriot & SPG Platinum, Hilton, AClub gold, ICH
Husband and I went to the San Ysidro office yesterday, very small office on the Tijuana border. Had appointments for 1300 but went along to check at 1000 and they were happy to see us then. We were both interviewed together at the counter, initially the agent thought there would be a problem as we didn't have a US address to post the cards but we suggested our lax hotel which he agreed to use. Didn't want to see our police certs, husband was asked how many US trips a year and to verify his employment status. I was just asked for proof of address. He said we would also be eligible for TSA pre clearance. He then said we were all cleared for sentri and goes, our passports were scanned and all cleared and ready to use. He didn't mention an email and we didn't think about it. However, just got to San Diego airport flying Alaska to Los Cabos and thought would try pre check and were very pleased to discover we were cleared. So will try goes at Lax next week! So if in San Diego area, this is an alternative to Lax
Old Dec 7, 2013, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA 3MM
Update on my application. After ~6 week, conditional approval received online. Happily had an overnight trip to MIA planned for early January, found the online booking calendar nice and wide open for making appointments.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 1:04 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Card issued to UK citizens?

Originally Posted by Pandra
Husband and I went to the San Ysidro office yesterday, very small office on the Tijuana border....the agent thought there would be a problem as we didn't have a US address to post the cards but we suggested our lax hotel which he agreed to use....
I also applied for, and received, my GE approval at San Ysidro, but was told by them that cards are not issued to UK citizens.

However, on arrival at Miami the other day where nearly half the kiosks were "out of order", I had to speak to an Immigration officer who asked to see my card. My explanation of one not being issued didn't appear to satisfy him, so he proceeded to hold up my entry into the country for at least five minutes whilst he gave me a grilling.

Please let us know if you do actually receive a card via the folks in San Ysidro.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 2:28 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Pandra
Husband and I went to the San Ysidro office yesterday, very small office on the Tijuana border. Had appointments for 1300 but went along to check at 1000 and they were happy to see us then. We were both interviewed together at the counter, initially the agent thought there would be a problem as we didn't have a US address to post the cards but we suggested our lax hotel which he agreed to use. Didn't want to see our police certs, husband was asked how many US trips a year and to verify his employment status. I was just asked for proof of address. He said we would also be eligible for TSA pre clearance. He then said we were all cleared for sentri and goes, our passports were scanned and all cleared and ready to use. He didn't mention an email and we didn't think about it. However, just got to San Diego airport flying Alaska to Los Cabos and thought would try pre check and were very pleased to discover we were cleared. So will try goes at Lax next week! So if in San Diego area, this is an alternative to Lax
You applied for GE as UK citizens?

DHS Trusted Traveler program status most frequently doesn't factor in as quickly as overnight (from GE approval) when it comes to TSA PreCheck purposes. A lot more people are getting PreCheck LLL outcomes as part of PreCheck "managed inclusion", which makes things a bit more complicated.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 2:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Full Score
However, on arrival at Miami the other day where nearly half the kiosks were "out of order", I had to speak to an Immigration officer who asked to see my card. My explanation of one not being issued didn't appear to satisfy him, so he proceeded to hold up my entry into the country for at least five minutes whilst he gave me a grilling.
I think you were unlucky there. I do have a card (I use a UK passport in the US) because I was done in some sort of pre trial trial. I've never once presented it, most CBP staff seem fully aware that non US citizens don't get one. In most places you just waltz up to the kiosks and even if they are being guarded by a member of staff I just say I'm Global Entry Ma'am/Sir. My card is somewhere in the bottom of my bag (probably!) unused and unloved.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Has anyone been asked for their police certificate at the interview?
Old Dec 8, 2013, 2:59 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by layz
Yes, they asked for my police cert (were fine with PVG/Disclosure Scotland - they took a scan of it), passport and driving licence. Didn't ask for anything else.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 3:27 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by layz
Yes (at San Juan). But no other request for proof of address. Passport, yes.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 4:52 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Basic Disclosure Scotland seems to work, and is easier to obtain than the others, it's all online. Just enter the final digits on the online CBP form since it's too long for the data field. I've been through my own process, that of my grandmother, and unofficially acted as interpreter for 2 other interviews (a married couple). They seem to need the police certificate to be scanned, as well as a swipe of the passport, plus a scan of proof of address (and the bar for that is quite low, a utility bill will do). To be honest I felt it was a box ticking exercise once they got past "is this person really the individual who applied, and tells us the truth about his/her travel movements". In other words, the real scrutiny took place before you get to the interview.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 6:13 am

Basic Disclosure Scotland? That's new to me - thanks and good to know. Googled and had a look but online requires a UK address. Can't seem to load the paper application form site.

Does anyone know what differences are there for an overseas Brit? Do I need a Police certificate in my current overseas country too? TIA.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
I have a code that Larry e-mailed me a couple of month's back. I have since read that the process is closed to new applicants, or will be closing at the end of the year.

Does anyone know if this will still work if I apply now and try and arrange an interview for January ?

Also, can I submit my application without actually having yet received my Disclosure Scotland Cert (I assume not) and how long from submitting the application does one wait on average before receiving a conditional approval ?

Last edited by Frequentflyer99; Dec 8, 2013 at 6:46 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.