Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA 3MM
Originally Posted by jcm9000
Tom, you are still waiting?? With luck like that, please do not board any planes with me...
After my last post, went to the post office.. lo and behold, the ACRO police clearance was in my mailbox.

Just completed my GOES initial application. October 31st, only a little over two months since I got my "larry code".

Of course my next trip to the USA is in about three weeks and is GCM-JFK on JetBlue, then about a four hour wait for the BA4 to LCY.

Hmm... is there an enrolment office at JFK and does it open past 5pm for a drop in ? Of course I doubt it, but I think I could use some luck !
Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, AA 3MM, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by Discovery Bay
Mine came through a few minutes ago (applied 10 Sep).
Tried to book an appointment in HNL but first was 20 NOV and I am going back to UK next week.
I checked LAX but no appointments for months.
Rechecked HNL - single appointment 2PM this Thursday.
Perfect.
All done and dusted in about 5 minutes of notification of change of status.
RESULT

Moral of story.............. keep checking the appointments ............. cancellations can pop up at anytime.
Interview this afternoon. 10 minutes total. Number received by email 3 minutes later.
Conditional approval to number being issued 54 hours!
Travelling on Monday.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 2:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Discovery Bay
Moral of story.............. keep checking the appointments ............. cancellations can pop up at anytime.
I have been checking regularly for a cancellation at Cincinnati - nothing until January, then this morning bingo, slot opened up for the middle of next week just when I happen to be in town. Splendid.

Guess I'll still try for a walk-in at Newark when passing through on Sunday.

Last edited by JeffBHD; Nov 1, 2013 at 2:13 am
Old Nov 1, 2013, 4:33 am

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by chistery
I've read that the first time you use GE you get an X, so they can verify your identity, is that correct?
No its not. I used it for the first time at LAX last week and was through in less than a minute. Not that it helped me as I had to wait an hour for my baggage thanks to BA A380 problems, but that's another issue...
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: BA GfL
Got my conditional approval this week, perhaps it was all delayed due to the recent government shutdown period in the US.

Now to schedule an appointment....

Anyone know if Schipol is available for appointments as it has been in the past ?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:24 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
It isn't on the list? But if it were that'd be cool!
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
That said the official site lists YVR too but that isn't on the list of choices I'm presented at the GOES site. The only reference I can find on line says "Upon your conditional approval through Privium/Global Entry, your final interview can be scheduled from September 16 – September 20, 2013 at Schiphol Airport. To qualify, however, you must apply before September 9, 2013. Get all of the details by clicking here for the flyer."

Last edited by Deckard; Nov 1, 2013 at 7:51 am
Old Nov 1, 2013, 9:03 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by TomCayman
After my last post,.....!
Tom, do what I did. Day trip to Miami. Ok, 400 bucks, but its worth it, especially after the hassle you have had!! Loads of spaces at MIA just now as well.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
Yes you need to call a GE center and give them the new visa number. For visa holders it's all about the visa - that's the page of your passport that is scanned in the machine, not the passport details page.
When they typed my visa in incorrectly and I phoned up to tell them this, they said good job you did or the system wouldn't recognize you. There is no place to update visa info on your account. When you get your new visa, I don't know if they need to see it or you can just call the office with the number.

Re the big X on first entry, I have read a few things about this. If you check this link to the FLUX website, it gives more info about which visa classes require you to visit primary inspection on the first visit.
Whether that includes UK passport holders I don't know yet. First use of GE for me in a couple of weeks.

https://www.flux-alliance.eu/frequen..._with_my_visa/
I have an L-1 visa. At my interview, I was specifically told to scan the passport details page, not the visa, so that's what I have been scanning at the kiosks. Having said that, my passport failed to scan at YVR last week, so I had to type in the passport number manually.

The first time I used Global Entry, I got an X and had to visit both primary inspection and also secondary.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 2:04 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Now fully approved Helpful and friendly CBP officer at SJU (availability wide open at this location!) - as per the invite had to phone them to gain access to the GE Enrolment area as the intercom is out of action. Taken half an hour early, asked for passport, driving licence and police cert (Disclosure Scotland PVG cert accepted without an issue). Didn't need my conditional approval letter or proof of address (although I guess the driving licence has that on it anyway!). Went through confirming all my details then took photo and fingerprints. Confirmed and chatted about the various countries I'd visited over the last five years! Then taken through how to use the GE machine and saw the sample printouts. Email received re. status change whilst searching for the bus stop at SJU outside! (not the easiest to find ). A very painless process and the officer seemed to find it a bit of a novelty too as I was the first non-US citizen they'd processed. They asked out of interest why I was applying for GE and I said for $20/year it was a good way to reduce the hassle - they wholeheartedly agreed! Interestingly the expiry seems linked to my DOB so actually a little over 5 years eligbility, which is nice!

Shame we still have to pay for ESTA in addition to GE but looking forward to making use of the latter - almost disappointed no immigration when returning from SJU
Old Nov 1, 2013, 10:07 pm

Just had my interview at MIA
Was told at the end of the interview by a very cordial CBD officer that my fingerprints had to go through a database and would be in informed within 72 hours if I was accepted
3 hours later I received an email stating that I was approved
This means that acceptance is not always immediate...
Old Nov 1, 2013, 10:11 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Interesting - I was told I was approved at the time and then email within minutes (see my SJU post in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21710007-post389.html). As long as approval comes through I guess it doesn't matter how quickly!
Old Nov 2, 2013, 3:05 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by slate
I have an L-1 visa. At my interview, I was specifically told to scan the passport details page, not the visa, so that's what I have been scanning at the kiosks. Having said that, my passport failed to scan at YVR last week, so I had to type in the passport number manually.

The first time I used Global Entry, I got an X and had to visit both primary inspection and also secondary.
That's interesting slate. I have now spoken to 3 CBP officers who told me to scan my visa page, not my passport page. Argh. I hate inconsistency. If anyone else knows better, do post here.
Then again the same CBP officer told me my GE card would be in the post in 10 days and we all know that's not true.
Between the two pages, hopefully something should work...
Old Nov 2, 2013, 4:11 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Jet Ranger
That's interesting slate. I have now spoken to 3 CBP officers who told me to scan my visa page, not my passport page. Argh. I hate inconsistency. If anyone else knows better, do post here.
Then again the same CBP officer told me my GE card would be in the post in 10 days and we all know that's not true.
Between the two pages, hopefully something should work...
Maybe it doesn't matter. As I found at YVR, if you can't scan the passport, the machine asks you to pick your country and then enter the passport number. No option to enter the visa number. So I guess it just reads the passport number from the visa page.
Old Nov 2, 2013, 5:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Taken half an hour early, asked for passport, driving licence and police cert (Disclosure Scotland PVG cert accepted without an issue). Didn't need my conditional approval letter or proof of address (although I guess the driving licence has that on it anyway!).
My grandma got done in Las Vegas the other week, which was a bit of a hoot, other than the officers kept referring to me as her son. She used Basic Disclosure Scotland, didn't seem to be a problem, though it is not specifically listed as an opton in the documentation. The invitation letter was cast aside, but they did scan her HMRC Tax Coding letter as proof of address. They didn't bother with the video or demonstration "as your son can show you how to do it". Lot of laughter all round:

TSA officer "So you were born, oh my goodness...."
Grandma in full on Golden Girls mode "Are you saying I'm old?"
TSA officer (struggling somewhat with his diversity training) "Er no, um...."
Me: "She's old"
Grandma: "You can shut up".

Questions asked were: how many times do you visit the USA, business or pleasure, where do you typically enter the US (in other words checking against the information gained upon entry).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.