Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by slate
This page says that if you have certain types of visa, you will be referred for primary inspection the first time you use Global Entry.

That's what happened to me at EWR the first time I used Global Entry. Everything seemed to work OK, but the machine gave me a receipt with an X. The CBP officer told me it was a fingerprint problem, but then I found the page from the Flux website.

The second time I used Global Entry, everything worked flawlessly and I was able to exit JFK T7 in minutes, even though we had landed just behind a 777 from Tokyo.

Of course, the information on that page may only apply to Privium members and there really was a fingerprint problem, but as I say, everything seemed to be working correctly, including the fingerprint match.
slate My visa is on that list as being referred to primary. On that first trip, you didn't have to join the back of the queue, did you? Or is it like the self-service checkouts in Sainsbury's, where there's a member of staff loitering about to help you out?
Old Sep 17, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
UK citizen & passport:

Request to Larry for code: Aug 22, 10.43pm
Code received: 9 hours 11 mins later (WOW!)
ACRO certificate application mailed from California: Aug 23
Application receipt acknowledged: Aug 28
Certificate received in California: Sept 4 (Premium Service)
Global entry application submitted: Sept 4

Application remains pending review.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 3:07 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by gavvy
Hi

First time poster here so be gentle!

Applied today after getting my police certificate, only problem is I have just noticed I have omitted one digit off my driving licence! hopefully it wont matter too much :-(
From the FAQ:

I have submitted my application for review. How do I correct a mistake?
You will not be able to make any changes while your application is being processed. If you need to make a correction, you can do it at the time of the interview.

I doubt an honest error like that will go against you.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 6:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA GGL/CCR, AMEX Cent, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Interesting how the timings have increased so rapidly, from people applying in mid-August to those a week or so later. The turnaround time seems to have gone from roughly a week to almost 4 weeks
Old Sep 18, 2013, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Originally Posted by sajgidda
Interesting how the timings have increased so rapidly, from people applying in mid-August to those a week or so later. The turnaround time seems to have gone from roughly a week to almost 4 weeks

Well historically it was hard to get a code to apply, I guess the summer combined with 'Larry codes' has increased demand!

Not many UK people got a turnaround in a week, but its certainly slowed.

My main concern is lack of availability for appointments - I'd rather not book a trip especially for this!
Old Sep 18, 2013, 7:03 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JonathanC
My main concern is lack of availability for appointments - I'd rather not book a trip especially for this!
Indeed that's my concern too - application is in though so will just need to hope for being able to get an appointment at one of the four airports with GE interview capability that I'm passing through on the trip!
Old Sep 18, 2013, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by sajgidda
The unfortunate irony for me is I would have got mine in at that earlier stage, if only I hadn't been in the US and unable to apply for a certificate!
Old Sep 19, 2013, 2:14 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
my timelines so far:
Applied for the police certificate - 6th Sep (standard service)
ACPO Acknowledged receipt - 16th Sep
Submitted GE application 16th Sep and am still pending review.
Received actual paper certificate - 18th September

Post numbers would be more useful then page numbers, as we're not all using the same page length.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 3:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Emailed Larry - 31st Aug
Code Received - 4th Sept (Larry had been on leave)
ACRO sent off - Mon 2nd Sept
ACRO received - Fri 13th Sept (standard Service)
GE application submitted - Thu 19th Sept (Pending)
Old Sep 20, 2013, 5:07 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Airlineanorak
Emailed Larry - 31st Aug
Code Received - 4th Sept (Larry had been on leave)
ACRO sent off - Mon 2nd Sept
ACRO received - Fri 13th Sept (standard Service)
GE application submitted - Thu 19th Sept (Pending)
That's confidence for you ... I've no idea how many codes are actually available given this is still a limited trial, but - given most of the UK Flyertalk population seems to have been e-mailing Larry - I'm not sure I'd have been brave enough to pay for the cert before knowing whether or not it was actually going to be any use to me!
Old Sep 20, 2013, 7:04 am

Programs: AA EP, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
UK citizen living in the US on a work visa.
Application submitted Sunday, September 8th. Still pending review.
Old Sep 20, 2013, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
Yes, the 'countries visited in the past 5 years' bit of the form was definitely the most difficult bit to fill out!
Not really-for me, it is very simple.
Look through my passports and add Canada, HK, Macau, China.
(the last is on yet another travel document, the others have no passport stamps.)
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:15 am

British Citizen living in Central America
Applied Sept 9th - still pending review
My wife, who is a mexican national, was approved in July 2013 after 3 weeks
Old Sep 20, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Not really-for me, it is very simple.
Look through my passports and add Canada, HK, Macau, China.
(the last is on yet another travel document, the others have no passport stamps.)
Ah OK - well mine wasn't as easy as (a) I've changed passport and (b) all the European countries I've visited have no stamps! - was good fun though thinking back to all the holidays
Old Sep 21, 2013, 8:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, AAdvantage, Marriot & SPG Platinum, Hilton, AClub gold, ICH
Help please - we have our police reports and are about to make our applications. In the email from Larry Panetta it says the promotional code can only be used one. Does this mean that you have to fill in the form there and then ie cant go back into it once you have accessed it. Am concerned that might not be able to answer all the questions straight off and might need to look something up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.