Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2013, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
With the closure of IRIS tomorrow, I'm wondering what program the UK will reveal on 24 Sep 2013. Hopefully, something similar to what Australia does for GE users.

Registered traveller scheme
The registered traveller scheme launches 24 September 2013 and will improve the way regular visitors can pass through the UK border. It will initially be available at Heathrow and Gatwick airports.

Passengers can apply for the scheme if they:

- previously registered to use IRIS;
- are from the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia or New Zealand;
- have completed at least 4 trips to the UK in the last 52 weeks; or
- are a short term visitor to the UK aged over 18.

Eligible travellers will be able to apply and register online. More information will be available from 24 September on this webpage.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/cu...euk/usingiris/

Thanks, Microwave for the link in the IRIS thread!
Old Sep 16, 2013, 5:21 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Yeah I got a code from Larry too
Old Sep 16, 2013, 6:42 am

Question Arrests etc?

Originally Posted by More Champagne Sir?
If you've never been arrested then why wait? You have nothing to hide.
I was arrested once (over 10 years ago - motoring offence) but never convicted - charges were dropped due to lack of evidence. This doesn't show up on a Police Certificate, nor do fixed speeding tickets etc. There's a whole website that lists what offences show up - and time-spans therein.

Might be useful info for people that have a more 'colourful' past than me!!
Saves wasting Ł45 for a certificate.

DHS make it perfectly clear that the certificate needs to state 'NO TRACE' for you to be considered for GE.

Interestingly the GE application asks about convictions only:

"Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense in the United States or any other country"

Doesn't mention arrests so I honestly stated NO for convictions. Looking at other peoples experiences, some have been asked about arrests at interview so I hope this doesn't come back to bite me!
Old Sep 16, 2013, 6:54 am

ACRO certificate application mailed: Monday 19th August
Application receipt acknowledged: Tuesday 20th August
Certificate received: Thursday 22nd August (Premium Service)
Global entry application submitted: Thursday 22nd August
Conditional Approval: Monday 23rd September

Last edited by adjonline; Sep 23, 2013 at 10:21 am
Old Sep 16, 2013, 9:21 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
7 days for my GOES application so far - still pending review! 6 days for my wife's. Good few more days to go yet I guess.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA GGL/CCR, AMEX Cent, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
Someone has started a tracking thread here for UK applicants...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pract...-citizens.html
Old Sep 16, 2013, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by billinghamn
7 days for my GOES application so far - still pending review! 6 days for my wife's. Good few more days to go yet I guess.
What is your nationality? It seems to affect processing times if not american!
Old Sep 16, 2013, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
I'm pending review on GOES now too - seemed happy with PVG/Disclosure Scotland cert as mentioned upthread which at least saved Ł45! I also noted that there are GE kiosks at DUB & SNN, so at least you can breeze through things there too once you have it
Old Sep 16, 2013, 2:30 pm

I hadn't realised the processing times were quite so long - will keep fingers crossed! GOES application made yesterday (using existing Disclosure Scotland/PVG clearance cert). Will be going through quite a few US airports at the end of Oct so hopefully be in a position to have an interview by then and should be able to find a slot somewhere. From what I've read on some blogs they also seem to be reasonably flexible about taking folk earlier if they've got a space so hopefully it'll be do-able around the constraints of flight timing.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JonathanC
What is your nationality? It seems to affect processing times if not american!
British, so will take a few weeks I guess. I'll check over on the thread that sajgidda suggested.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by sajgidda
That's very true. With all due respect I was hoping that was the case, I have a fairly 'safe' travel history and have lived in the family home for over 15 years so we'll see if mine gets processed any faster
Hopefully my application, which is "pending review", will be completed before my upcoming trips to Burma and the DPRK. For sure I am no "Rodman" but some folks in INS can't help putting 2 and 2 together and not make 4.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 10:58 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
Hopefully my application, which is "pending review", will be completed before my upcoming trips to Burma and the DPRK. For sure I am no "Rodman" but some folks in INS can't help putting 2 and 2 together and not make 4.
Luckily Global Entry has little to do with INS, it's operated by CBP. And visiting those countries is not an issue in itself, indeed it may back your contention for being a frequent traveller.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Luckily Global Entry has little to do with INS, it's operated by CBP. And visiting those countries is not an issue in itself, indeed it may back your contention for being a frequent traveller.
Yes, the 'countries visited in the past 5 years' bit of the form was definitely the most difficult bit to fill out!
Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL '90s PM, now FK (Flying Kettle)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Luckily Global Entry has little to do with INS, it's operated by CBP.
Actually, INS no longer exists. Its successor agency is ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement). (As in, "as cold as...")

And as of today, I welcome Brits to GE. I admit I was somewhat bitter reading this after my irises stopped opening gates at the UK border a year ago and the incoming "Fast Track" lines grew to prodigious lengths. However your Border Agency just announced an IRIS replacement scheme, details to follow next week.

So I will edit the profanities out of my previous post in this thread.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:34 pm

Hi

First time poster here so be gentle!

Applied today after getting my police certificate, only problem is I have just noticed I have omitted one digit off my driving licence! hopefully it wont matter too much :-(

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.