Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2013, 5:03 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Basic Privium won't get you Global Entry though. You need to pay an additional amount - and when I went to Schiphol to try registering they warned me there was a rumour the partnership was going to be terminated. Maybe that hasn't happened after all.

I also think you need to be a Dutch citizen, which may or may not be an issue for you.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Basic Privium won't get you Global Entry though. You need to pay an additional amount - and when I went to Schiphol to try registering they warned me there was a rumour the partnership was going to be terminated. Maybe that hasn't happened after all.

I also think you need to be a Dutch citizen, which may or may not be an issue for you.
No, I understand there is this FLUX program for Privium members that gets them GOES access. I - poorly expressed, of course - was thinking that you might need to be a Privium member in order to gain access to the bit of Schiphol that interviews for standardly arranged interviews take place.

I was thinking that taking Privium membership in this instance might be a necessary cost of business to get your GOES application signed off, not as the means to qualify and get it. Going that route, I think you definitely would have to be Dutch. And I'm not.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:30 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
PreCheck for UK citizens?

Originally Posted by 14940674
When a traveler qualifies for PreCheck through an airline, the airline does not transmit citizenship information to the TSA. While the rules state that PreCheck is reserved for U.S. and Canadian citizens, this cannot be enforced for those qualifying through status. As soon as you add your GE PASS ID to your Secure Flight information, the TSA will be told your citizenship, and PreCheck status will not be embedded in your BP barcode.
I tried PreCheck for the first time at YYC US immigration, and they said that a US or Canadian ID was required.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:05 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by nbevan
I tried PreCheck for the first time at YYC US immigration, and they said that a US or Canadian ID was required.
Aye, unless something changes (i.e. the various agencies involved talk to each other a wee bit more), GE for Brits will not give you PreCheck. Getting platinum on AA, however, probably will. I dropped to AA gold and still get it if I use my AA number (rarely now). I do not live in the US or Canada, never have, never will. Generally regarded on here that I am an anomaly for getting precheck via AA! Frankly its not too much hassle for me not having it, takes me seconds to get oot the laptop.

PS i see you are ExPlat - did you fly with your BA or AA account, and did you opt-in through your AA account when it first came out? It should have been made available to you since it was for me as a lowly Plat. I couldn't see the green check anymore on my account once i dropped to gold, but still get precheck if using my aa account.

Last edited by jcm9000; Sep 9, 2013 at 10:11 am
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:20 am

One thing to have PreCheck on your BP (yes, thanks AA), another to have it accepted by TSA!

Have other people with UK passports had any problems being allowed into the PreCheck security lane?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:22 am

One thing to have PreCheck on your BP (yes, thanks AA), another to have it accepted by TSA!

Have other people with UK passports had any problems being allowed into the PreCheck security lane?
Very true! And i find the staff in canada can be a bit ...odd...to deal with. Although Calgary was a pleasant surprise a few weeks back. Staff at security seemed to be all very pleasant young ladies, i would say no older than 25 the lot of them, and all of them had a smile going.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others

I have successfully used pre-check with UK passport this week - not even a comment by the TSA ID check person.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:44 pm

Interesting! Did you fly on a BA number and a BA flight, or did you have it via AA?

HOwever this plays out, i note http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/tsa-...cation-process - just like GE be interesting to see if they roll this out to foreigners (esp those with GE).
Old Sep 9, 2013, 4:03 pm

The TSA Pre page says:

Passengers that are eligible for TSA Pre✓™ include U.S. citizens of frequent flier programs who have been invited by a participating airline. Additionally, U.S. citizens who are members of a CBP Trusted Traveler program, including Global Entry, SENTRI, and NEXUS and Canadian citizens who are members of NEXUS that are issued a Known Traveler Number qualify to participate.
So my guess is that officially a US or Canadian ID is required.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
Originally Posted by jcm9000
Interesting! Did you fly on a BA number and a BA flight, or did you have it via AA?

HOwever this plays out, i note http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/tsa-...cation-process - just like GE be interesting to see if they roll this out to foreigners (esp those with GE).
US & UA
Old Sep 11, 2013, 8:21 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Miss ExpatExp just requested and received a promotional code ^ Now to fill out the police paperwork…
Old Sep 11, 2013, 9:15 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
So Mrs BillinghamN and I have submitted our GOES applications now. How long should we expect to wait before chasing them up for pre-approval? Two weeks?

We are off to Florida in Dec, so I am hoping we will be able to book our interviews for then. Anyone know whether interview slots are starting to fill up quickly, now they seem to have opened the floodgates for the Brits? Hoping that if we get pre-approval by end of Sep we should have plenty of choice about interview slots in Dec.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by billinghamn
So Mrs BillinghamN and I have submitted our GOES applications now. How long should we expect to wait before chasing them up for pre-approval? Two weeks?

We are off to Florida in Dec, so I am hoping we will be able to book our interviews for then. Anyone know whether interview slots are starting to fill up quickly, now they seem to have opened the floodgates for the Brits? Hoping that if we get pre-approval by end of Sep we should have plenty of choice about interview slots in Dec.
I expect it is getting longer again. It was over 4 weeks for some back in May/June with the american vacation season approaching, and will be busy again with Brits. I reckon 2 weeks just now from others i know, but if they are on top of it, it will go down to a day or two. I wouldn't antagonise them, esp if both of you are still waiting. If one gets pre-approval and the other does not, then consider following up. Interview slots will still be very busy, esp at MIA if that is where you are going through. Get whatever interview you can, then keep checking frequently as many people do a walk-in (quite a few at MIA) so slots that work out for you will open up before you go in Dec (and i do expect MIA to be quite open in Dec, still a few months away). I was lucky and got one within 2 weeks of when i got pre-approved, it was the only slot avaiable for 3 months. My boss did a walk-in (2nd attempt, it was too busy the first time) as his 'official' slot was about 2 months later.

PS keep an eye here - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/pract...g-time-91.html seems non-US nationals are waiting well over a week for pre-approval.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:09 am

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the info jcm9000 - that's really useful. We are arriving into TPA late Dec, so I guess the likelihood is that it will be slightly less busy than MIA or MCO.

I'll also be heading into ORD, LAS and MIA early Dec so might be worth getting my interview out of the way ahead of the wife's. Better chance of arranging one than two close together.

Will keep an eye on the GOES website - hopefully won't be too long before our apps are pre-approved.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 11:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by billinghamn
Anyone know whether interview slots are starting to fill up quickly, now they seem to have opened the floodgates for the Brits? Hoping that if we get pre-approval by end of Sep we should have plenty of choice about interview slots in Dec.
Currently Tampa is accepting interviews for the end of November, but is not at this point offering slots in December. Orlando is offering last week of September through to end November. Miami is one the best places to get interviews at the moment, and they are offering dates from next week and including at the end of December. Bearing in mind the system is essentially for US passengers who travel reguarly, you can imagine why they would not necessarily be opening slots for December at this stage. In congested places, LAX for example, you have to wait until then for even the first slot.

I'd say you'd need to be visiting the States at least 3 or 4 times a year to go through this hassle and cost. When it was originally offered to GGLs the criteria was monthly visits!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.