Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2013, 1:43 am

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
Originally Posted by mmdpkaaa
Is a disclosure scotland suitable for the police check? I had one done around a year ago and still have the certificate.
Apparently so, but make sure a year isn't too old - i suspect it might be.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 2:19 am

what is the best way to get the promotional code? i tried emailing larry but not heard back yet? im not BA gold unfortunately.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by mmdpkaaa
what is the best way to get the promotional code? i tried emailing larry but not heard back yet? im not BA gold unfortunately.
Larry or BA are the only options I know of, so you can try phoning BA and charming them, but I haven't heard of non-GCHs being given codes.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 5:56 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by manord
Is GE worth getting? Or, maybe another way - how frequently would you have to visit the US for GE to be worth getting?
It depends how much your time is worth. Because the GE receipt lets you skip to the head of the customs queue (not just the immigration queue), you can save up to three hours' wait when arriving at busy airports like MIA. For me, avoiding even a single three-hour queue would be worth the cost of GE.

Oh, and you also avoid the often rude questioning by US immigration staff ^
Old Sep 4, 2013, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by ExpatExp
It depends how much your time is worth. Because the GE receipt lets you skip to the head of the customs queue (not just the immigration queue), you can save up to three hours' wait when arriving at busy airports like MIA. For me, avoiding even a single three-hour queue would be worth the cost of GE.

Oh, and you also avoid the often rude questioning by US immigration staff ^
Careful what you post here. One word: metadata.

Personally, I find all US federal appointees to be courteous, professional and a pleasure to interact with, particularly after 12 hours in the air when I'm exhausted and they're between me and a tight connection
Old Sep 4, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: BA GGL+CCR, HHonors Dia, Hyatt Dia
Hi Guys,

This will sound like a rather stupid question to most of you but given the seemingly difficult process in getting hold of one of these codes I did not want to start sticking my freshly acquired BA code in every box on the GOES website until it worked.

I am guessing the entry place to start this is the "Membership Number/PASSID:" section as I can not anywhere to put it.

Cheers
Old Sep 4, 2013, 8:14 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by waspsl
Hi Guys,

This will sound like a rather stupid question to most of you but given the seemingly difficult process in getting hold of one of these codes I did not want to start sticking my freshly acquired BA code in every box on the GOES website until it worked.

I am guessing the entry place to start this is the "Membership Number/PASSID:" section as I can not anywhere to put it.

Cheers
Enter it right at the end of the application with the ACRO certificate number... If it is not there, just submit your application, if it sends for approval, then no more codes. Do tell us.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Silver; VS Gold; HHonors Diamond; Amex Centurion; IHG Platinum; Club Accor Platinum; TfL Oyster.
Originally Posted by dubbin
Careful what you post here. One word: metadata.

Personally, I find all US federal appointees to be courteous, professional and a pleasure to interact with, particularly after 12 hours in the air when I'm exhausted and they're between me and a tight connection
...and just in case this goes any further: I second those comments. Also, I am prepared to be called to the front of the line and repeat them in person to the kind CBP officer.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by jcm9000
Enter it right at the end of the application with the ACRO certificate number... If it is not there, just submit your application, if it sends for approval, then no more codes. Do tell us.
Some confusion here I think.

BA (or US CBP) supplies a "promotional code" which you have to enter to START the application. As in, it's pretty much the very first step.

Separately, the police supply a certificate number, which goes in at the very END of the process.

Throughout, there are checks to make sure the numbers work so don't worry about entering it in the wrong box.

The only risk might be if you enter the promotional number but then don't save any data. But you can save a partially completed form and finish it later.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Some confusion here I think.

BA (or US CBP) supplies a "promotional code" which you have to enter to START the application. As in, it's pretty much the very first step.

Separately, the police supply a certificate number, which goes in at the very END of the process.

Throughout, there are checks to make sure the numbers work so don't worry about entering it in the wrong box.

The only risk might be if you enter the promotional number but then don't save any data. But you can save a partially completed form and finish it later.
I fully completed my application before having either the ACRO or promotional code (from Larry) to hand. When you tried to hit the apply button it specifically said those two items were missing (back in June I think). That has probably changed now, so apologies for my out of date posting!!
Old Sep 4, 2013, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by jcm9000
I fully completed my application before having either the ACRO or promotional code (from Larry) to hand. When you tried to hit the apply button it specifically said those two items were missing (back in June I think). That has probably changed now, so apologies for my out of date posting!!
I think it probably has changed, to prevent people with no code from spending ages completing data.

Last month, I was asked for the BA code first and the police code at the end.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:37 am

I think it probably has changed, to prevent people with no code from spending ages completing data.

Last month, I was asked for the BA code first and the police code at the end.
That is the same as my experience too. Also, when entering the code from the police certificate, be sure to enter the URN number in the top left with no slash, and not the number next to the hologram in the bottom right.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Dave_C
That is the same as my experience too. Also, when entering the code from the police certificate, be sure to enter the URN number in the top left with no slash, and not the number next to the hologram in the bottom right.
Um, this is precisely the opposite of my experience... the 8-digit number beneath the hologram was accepted for me and I have an appointment in November.

Maybe either code is accepted, as long as it matches the certificate when you attend for interview.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 11:40 am

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA, Club Carlson Gold
Um, this is precisely the opposite of my experience... the 8-digit number beneath the hologram was accepted for me and I have an appointment in November.

Maybe either code is accepted, as long as it matches the certificate when you attend for interview.
I'm actually filling out my GE form now and received my PC today. I was actually confused as to whether it was the number below the hologram or the number in the top left corner, I guess the fact its called the URN gives it away. Anyway, I called up the guys that issued the certificate and they said its the URN number you need to enter.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by PICA
I'm actually filling out my GE form now and received my PC today. I was actually confused as to whether it was the number below the hologram or the number in the top left corner, I guess the fact its called the URN gives it away. Anyway, I called up the guys that issued the certificate and they said its the URN number you need to enter.
Well, maybe I'm screwed then. Only one way to find out... (suspect it'll be fine)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.