Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewals for UK Citizens

Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewals for UK Citizens

Hide Wikipost
Old May 18, 22, 11:19 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TWA884
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 21, 22, 12:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Off to the US next week thought I'd see if I could secure CE for GE (new application) before I travel.

18 Oct 08:00 - UK Border Force submission
18 Oct 23:00 - UK Border Code received
19 Oct 01:00 - GE renewal form submitted via TTP
21 Oct 04:00 - Conditional approval received
trolleymusic likes this.
Old Oct 21, 22, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Redmongoose View Post
Quick question - I have submitted my application for GE and the website site says:
"Please remember to revisit our website for your application status updates. Notification of when you may schedule an interview appointment (if one is needed) will only be posted here."

Does that mean I have to keep checking the website to see when I have been conditionally approved or will they email me?
The website says application in progress - waiting for conditional approval. However I did not get any confirmation via email that I had submitted / completed my application.
To answer my own question - they emailed me to say "there had been a recent change of status to my application"
TH310 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 22, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
22 Oct 11:00 - UK Border Force submission
22 Oct 19:12 - UK Border Code received
22 Oct 20:00 - GE application submitted
24 Oct 04:25 - Full approval received***

*** I have had GE previously but this expired and on an old passport
Old Oct 29, 22, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by BA_Pax View Post
OK folks. Confirming that DFW has an Enroll on Arrival separate immigration booth - booth 60 which is the very furthest away from the Global Entry machines. The line manager told me about it when I asked. My BA193 arrived on time. I deplaned at 1702hrs, hit booth 60 at 1708hrs, and my interview was completed 1 minute later. Absolutely superb service.

havnt had the email confirmation yet but the agent said 24-48 hours. He didnt even look at or scan my passport and said the camera recognised me already from previous visits.

good luck all.
I've just finished my application and will be on BA193 mid December hoping to do this. Thanks for the description!
Old Oct 30, 22, 1:33 am

Data Point: Arrived JFK approx 14:00.
Was one of the first into the empty immigration hall. Asked for EoA, told by the queue managers to tell immigration officer in the booth. He cleared me for immigration and then tilde me to take a seat in the baggage hall. They then cleared the entire flight through immigration before the same very friendly and helpful officer did my interview at the booth.
Old Oct 31, 22, 4:34 am

Just adding another data point about the speed of the application process

29 Oct 10:30 - UK Border Force application submitted
29 Oct 23:00 - UK Border Force code received
30 Oct 12:30 - TTP GE Application submitted
31 Oct 07:30 - Conditional approval received

This was for both myself and my OH
Old Oct 31, 22, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Redmongoose View Post
Data Point: Arrived JFK approx 14:00.
Was one of the first into the empty immigration hall. Asked for EoA, told by the queue managers to tell immigration officer in the booth. He cleared me for immigration and then tilde me to take a seat in the baggage hall. They then cleared the entire flight through immigration before the same very friendly and helpful officer did my interview at the booth.
And another DP from JFK T8 (AA), from approx 2 weeks ago. Arrival around 19:45.
First went to immigration booth 1 (as I thought I understood the instructions), which is used for Diplomats. Was asked to queue in the Visitors line, clear immigration and the officer directed me to line 1 in the Customs area. There was an officer waiting, was processed very quickly in around 10 minutes. Very efficient.
Email confirmation arrived in my inbox 2-3 hrs later. TSA Pre was not active yet for my following morning flight, but worked well a few days later.

Got to use GE through an international transit at DFW last week. It took less than 30 seconds to clear immigration, this is life changing! :-D
Old Nov 5, 22, 10:35 pm

Programs: BAEC (Blue, usually)
New application data point: Arrived into ORD at ~13:00 a few weeks back (13th October) and after proceeding with immigration, asked where I needed to go for EoA. Once cleared, you immediately turn left after the booth and walk straight and it won't be too long before you see a small sign indicating is where you queue. I had six people in front of me with two officers conducting the interviews and it took roughly 40 minutes to get seen before an officer called me up - straightforward enough, asked a few questions, took my picture and asked for my passport. By the time she'd said I was good to go and turned to leave, the queue was about 15-20 people long; this seems to be one of the busiest periods of arrivals for the airport so would suggest being brisk off the plane if you arrive in the early afternoon and intend to do your interview here.

Unfortunately I was one of the unlucky ones and after two weeks, started attempting to chase up via phone. To save anyone else time in case you also need to chase up, you'll have the best luck phoning (312) 542-5700 (I did it something during the morning in CST), going for option 0 and then asking to be transferred to supervisor Coble. I was redirected and they asked for name, PASS ID. some verification questions to ensure it was me and a phone number to follow up on. I received an e-mail the next day saying that my application status had changed and I'd been approved. Phoning the number provided for O'Hare at here was fruitless and the one time I'd gotten an answer, she hung up after I asked if I could get any assistance regarding my interview. Perhaps it was the accent
TH310 likes this.

Last edited by ifearn0thing; Nov 5, 22 at 10:57 pm
Old Dec 1, 22, 3:51 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Hi al, I need to renew my Global Entry. Do I still need a new 40 access code? And how much can I defer the interview (if I need one)? I'm not allowed in the US until their vaccine restrictions are gone so won't be able to attend an interview.
Old Dec 1, 22, 2:06 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes you need a new uk check - it will prompt you to do this as part of the process. You can do interviews for renewal online so I wouldn’t worry about when you will be in the US in person.

Search this Thread