Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2022, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Another data point - ultra quick!

GE / UK Citizen / First Time Application

UK Border Force Access Code - 15 Aug (got the code 5 hours after submission )

Submitted to DHS - 16 Aug

Conditional Approval - 18 Aug

2 days

My next US-bound flights booked in November.
Old Aug 18, 2022, 11:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by icebird
Another data point - ultra quick!

GE / UK Citizen / First Time Application

UK Border Force Access Code - 15 Aug (got the code 5 hours after submission )

Submitted to DHS - 16 Aug

Conditional Approval - 18 Aug

2 days

My next US-bound flights booked in November.
Exact same dates for me, with a 2 day turn around for the GE application conditional approval. I have no US flights booked, if it makes a difference.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 5:42 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
JFK T7 interview

Interviews on arrival at JFK T7 were available yesterday (19 August 2022)

Arrived on BA113 around 7pm. Immigration hall was busy - both US and non US passport lines

I was renewing GE (UK passport). Asked at the passport booth about interview on arrival for GE renewal and was told to wait "by the flag" past passport control (by passport booth 17/18). A CBP officer walked by a minute later and asked if anyone was waiting for an interview. Two other people were already waiting there. Took about 20 mins for the first one to be taken away for an interview (which took 10 mins). After waiting maybe 30 mins I got my interview. Very quick. New photo and fingerprints. 24 hours later no sign of the status being changed yet

My wife (travelling with me, US passport) also had an interview to get GE for the first time. Also took about 5 mins (we were interviewed together back to back). Her status is still pending 24 hours later

Unlike previous attempts they did not say the queues had to be cleared and the hall empty before they would release staff to do the interview. Whole things took around 40 mins - finished before the bags arrived from the flight
Old Aug 28, 2022, 9:07 am

So, our plan to go through Enrollment on Arrival at DFW went thoroughly pear shaped as the flight landed more than 2 hours late after 7pm.

Now, will have to see if JFK will accept a random walk in next Saturday. Does anybody know that it's terminal 7 at JFK where we have to go? Luckily, we are scheduled to leave from that terminal on a BA flight.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Yanshuf
So, our plan to go through Enrollment on Arrival at DFW went thoroughly pear shaped as the flight landed more than 2 hours late after 7pm.

Now, will have to see if JFK will accept a random walk in next Saturday. Does anybody know that it's terminal 7 at JFK where we have to go? Luckily, we are scheduled to leave from that terminal on a BA flight.
BOS has a bullpen adjacent to the beginning of the line of manned immigration kiosks. There us sort if a first come, first served honor system. The hall was empty when we arrived, around 6:30pm on a Thurs. we were third in line, after a single and a couple.

The officer designated for the interviews waited until our flight was fully processed before turning to the bullpen.

he process tge applicants. When it came to our second person, the computer froze and after 19-15 mins of retrying, he sent us to another guy who didn’t have computer issues.

The whole thing probably took 45 minutes or so… Our first person took 15 minutes and maybe five minutes each for the kids plus a 15 minute delay for computer problems…

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 28, 2022 at 10:24 am Reason: Fix BB code
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Did my interview at JFK T7 on 29th Aug. Waltzed up to regular desk (no queue which was a first for me) and told the officer I wanted to do Interview on Arrival. He did the normal admission process for arriving with and ESTA – fingerprints etc. Was directed to wait on a couple of chairs behind the desks. One other person waiting. Once everyone from the flight had gone through (hall empty) we were both called back.

Another photograph, more fingerprinting and a few questions; showed my UK driving licence. My fingerprints are always an issue because they are very faint. After a few tries he said he would send them through and I would get an email.

Two days later the email had not arrived and I was coming back home. I decided to go to the Global Entry office in T4 at JFK and ask why I had heard nothing. Luckily, the officer guarding the door took pity on me and went to find someone to help. I ended up having a lengthy session of photographing and more fingerprinting with a very kind and patient officer. I felt very lucky that they were so nice to me as I was feeling pretty anxious about it all by then – especially when he said he would send the fingerprints through (that was becoming a slightly ominous phrase in my head). That must have showed because then he told me he had approved me.

The email notifying me of my change in status came through about 6 hours later.

Get to try it out next week.
jms_uk likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Silver (OWS), Priority Pass
Originally Posted by benjc24

Summary of timelines:

UK Border Force Code provided - 22/01/2022
Applied for GE via TTP site - 25/01/2022
Conditional Approval - 27/06/2022
So, did Enrolment on Arrival at LAX on the 25th August. If you're arriving at Tom Bradley, you would clear the normal immigration queue first. This took about two hours (a good reminder about why I paid the $100 for GE), before searching for my suitcase in the baggage reclaim area for another half hour.

The EoA desks are on the left-hand side as you exit the baggage reclaim hall. I waited about half an hour for my interview. The CBP Officer took my photograph and fingerprints, and the interview was mainly just confirming the information on the original application was correct and he asked a couple of questions about my work. I think he was a little puzzled about why I wanted GE since I'd only been to the US once before, but I emphasised this was in anticipation of me travelling more in the next few years (including a TP run for my BA Gold). Was told I'd hear back the outcome in a day or two.

28th Aug - Status change email and application approved. I used TSA PreCheck on my return flight to the UK from SEA on the 30th August.
Tip (Make sure you include your middle name in your API data, that made the difference as to whether PreCheck appeared on my boarding pass)
Old Sep 6, 2022, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold
UK access code application made at 19.09 on 4 September.
Access code issued 23.10 the same day.
GE renewal application made around 23.30 on 4 September.
Status change to conditional approval at 07.40 on 6 September.

Hoping to do Interview on Arrival at JFK T7 next month. 19.15 arrival. What are the chance of the interview booth being manned at that time?
haroon145 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 5:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks for the info for EOA at LAX TBIT

Timeline for new UK application:
17th Aug — UK border force submission
18th Aug — UK border force access code received
19th Aug — GE form submitted via TTP
07th Sept — Received conditional approval

Just in time as flying to LA on Friday
seawolf and angeloedades like this.
Old Sep 11, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Originally Posted by Ned1968
Interviews on arrival at JFK T7 were available yesterday (19 August 2022)

Arrived on BA113 around 7pm. Immigration hall was busy - both US and non US passport lines

I was renewing GE (UK passport). Asked at the passport booth about interview on arrival for GE renewal and was told to wait "by the flag" past passport control (by passport booth 17/18). A CBP officer walked by a minute later and asked if anyone was waiting for an interview. Two other people were already waiting there. Took about 20 mins for the first one to be taken away for an interview (which took 10 mins). After waiting maybe 30 mins I got my interview. Very quick. New photo and fingerprints. 24 hours later no sign of the status being changed yet

My wife (travelling with me, US passport) also had an interview to get GE for the first time. Also took about 5 mins (we were interviewed together back to back). Her status is still pending 24 hours later

Unlike previous attempts they did not say the queues had to be cleared and the hall empty before they would release staff to do the interview. Whole things took around 40 mins - finished before the bags arrived from the flight
Received confirmation of my renewal on 9 September so 20 days after the JFK T7 interview
Old Sep 13, 2022, 6:31 am

GE renewal: I have my UK access code but I'm unable to proceed to submit an application on ttp website. It gets stuck at the Security Notification.

Anyone else had this?

I've tried in Safari and Chrome.

I submitted a support case but I'm not holding my breathe for a speedy response.

Last edited by Allyvash; Sep 13, 2022 at 6:31 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 13, 2022, 8:17 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Allyvash
GE renewal: I have my UK access code but I'm unable to proceed to submit an application on ttp website. It gets stuck at the Security Notification.

Anyone else had this?

I've tried in Safari and Chrome.

I submitted a support case but I'm not holding my breathe for a speedy response.
Take a look at this thread:
Old Sep 14, 2022, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL + GfL
UK Application timeline

UK applicant first time application.

July 23rd applied for UK Government code (Saturday)
July 25th UK Check received back (Monday)
July 25th applied for Global Entry
Sept 13th Conditional Approval received
50 Day wait

I’m heading to DFW Friday so hope to do Enrollment on Arrival.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: BA GGL + GfL
OK folks. Confirming that DFW has an Enroll on Arrival separate immigration booth - booth 60 which is the very furthest away from the Global Entry machines. The line manager told me about it when I asked. My BA193 arrived on time. I deplaned at 1702hrs, hit booth 60 at 1708hrs, and my “interview” was completed 1 minute later. Absolutely superb service.

havnt had the email confirmation yet but the agent said 24-48 hours. He didn’t even look at or scan my passport and said the camera recognised me already from previous visits.

good luck all.
trolleymusic likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 5:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott lifetime platinum
Hi,

I applied for GE in November 2021 hoping to do interview on arrival on a trip in March, that didn’t happen! Conditionally approved June 5th 2022 am now hoping to do the interview at O’Hare in early December.

Probably a dumb question but as a UK resident and passport holder do I get given a GE card? Apologies if the answer is up-thread but I couldn’t find it.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.