Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewals for UK Citizens

Old Feb 22, 22, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewals for UK Citizens

Old Jul 9, 22, 3:32 am
  #2146  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Munich, Algarve, Sussex or S.F Bay Area
Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Posts: 3,733
UK Citizen
UK Background application, March 3rd, 2022. Approval in about 2 hours.
GE Application, March 4th, 2022
Conditional approval, July 3rd, 2022. No travel booked but plenty planned in the next 3 months.

Do I just show up for enrollment at entry next time I fly to the USA or must I book an appointment? Looking at available appointments, it looks very sparse.
Tafflyer is offline  
Old Jul 9, 22, 9:08 am
  #2147  
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VNY | BUR | LAX
Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Posts: 18,086
Originally Posted by Tafflyer View Post
Do I just show up for enrollment at entry next time I fly to the USA or must I book an appointment? Looking at available appointments, it looks very sparse.
Please refer to the wikipost in the following thread:

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
Enrollment on Arrival is a program operated by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to allow Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their interviews upon arrival into the United States. The Enrollment on Arrival program eliminates the need for a Global Entry applicant to schedule an interview at an enrollment center to complete the application process.

When landing in an international terminal follow the signage directing you to CBP officers who can complete your Global Entry interview during your admissibility inspection. You wont need any additional documents other than the requisite documents for international travel (e.g., your passport).
TWA884 is offline  
Old Jul 9, 22, 9:25 am
  #2148  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9
Have the entry procedures changed ? Arrived at JFK T7 yesterday and was told just to scan face then goto counter to hand in the piece of paper.

Use to ask to scan the passport or they just do that by face recognition now ?

Thanks
berksgra is offline  
Old Jul 9, 22, 9:56 am
  #2149  
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VNY | BUR | LAX
Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Posts: 18,086
Originally Posted by berksgra View Post
Have the entry procedures changed ? Arrived at JFK T7 yesterday and was told just to scan face then goto counter to hand in the piece of paper.

Use to ask to scan the passport or they just do that by face recognition now ?

Thanks
Please refer to the following thread:
TWA884 is offline  
Old Jul 9, 22, 1:47 pm
  #2150  
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9
Thanks
berksgra is offline  
Old Jul 9, 22, 5:02 pm
  #2151  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Munich, Algarve, Sussex or S.F Bay Area
Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Posts: 3,733
Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
Please refer to the wikipost in the following thread:
Thank you!
Tafflyer is offline  
Old Jul 9, 22, 10:40 pm
  #2152  
cwl
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, Flying Blue Silver, Le Club Accor Platinum, Hilton Honours Diamond, Marriot Silver
Posts: 469
Originally Posted by Tafflyer View Post
UK Citizen
UK Background application, March 3rd, 2022. Approval in about 2 hours.
GE Application, March 4th, 2022
Conditional approval, July 3rd, 2022. No travel booked but plenty planned in the next 3 months.

Do I just show up for enrollment at entry next time I fly to the USA or must I book an appointment? Looking at available appointments, it looks very sparse.
Assuming your point of entry into the US offers Enrolment of Arrival at the time you arrive just tell the immigration officer you want to do EonA and they tell you where to go (don't follow the EonA signage at JFK terminal 8 as it will send you to the wrong place, EonA at JFK is by customs inspection after baggage reclaim). No appointment, just join the queue, process take no more than 10 mins, just depends how many people are in front of you for EonA when you arrive.

There is a list of EonA locations here https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-arrival

Last edited by cwl; Jul 9, 22 at 10:49 pm
cwl is offline  
Old Jul 10, 22, 3:34 am
  #2153  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 8
Another data point:
GE / UK Citizen / First Time Application
Submitted to DHS: April 15th
Conditional Approval: July 9th
Flight to TPA booked for July 19th, will try EoA as no interview dates available
josh100 is offline  
Old Jul 13, 22, 9:44 am
  #2154  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by Jzlerner View Post
Sounds odd. I had a similar situation when I did EOA last week in T7. There was an issue with the fingerprint scanners in the whole terminal and wasn't really working when I had my interview. Called up the GE office later that day, they checked the application and said the fingerprints hadn't worked and I would have to redo it although no need to schedule. Went back to JFK, there is an office in T4 arrivals. Explained the situation. I was asked if I'd been arrested or any customs violations then photo and fingerprints. Five minutes later it said approved online and I had precheck for my flight out two days ago. If yours still hasn't come through I would advise you to call up the JFK office, NOT THE MAIN LINE they're useless.

And yes, you have to wait for full approval to use the KTN
Just an update. My application is still CONDITIONALLY APPROVED, so contacted them via the contact form on the web site. Below is the response I received (after about 5 days):

If you have not been approved or denied within 30 days after your interview, we advise that you contact the Enrollment Center to have your application adjudicated. You may need to leave a voicemail. If you do not see a change in your application status or are unable to reach the Enrollment Center or leave a message, please reply to this email.
I phoned the JFK enrolment centre just now, and was told that the application has already been approved (the person on the phone seemed puzzled that I phoned at all). I explained that the status is still conditionally approved on the web site and was told that 'sometimes it takes a while for the web site to update after the application has been approved'.

UPDATE: And just like that, the application has now been approved!

Last edited by b1982; Jul 13, 22 at 9:45 am Reason: To update that the application has been approved immediately after phoning the enrolment centre.
b1982 is offline  
Old Jul 13, 22, 10:51 am
  #2155  
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VNY | BUR | LAX
Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Posts: 18,086
Originally Posted by b1982 View Post
I phoned the JFK enrolment centre just now, and was told that the application has already been approved (the person on the phone seemed puzzled that I phoned at all). I explained that the status is still conditionally approved on the web site and was told that 'sometimes it takes a while for the web site to update after the application has been approved'.

UPDATE: And just like that, the application has now been approved!
It's a known issue. Every now and then, the CBP officer who conducted the interview fails to click the approved button on their computer screen,

Please refer to the following thread for additional information:
TWA884 is offline  
Old Jul 16, 22, 2:37 am
  #2156  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Surrey, UK
Programs: BA GGL
Posts: 434
GE / UK Citizen / First Time Application

UK Background application, submitted 22/05/22, approved 24/05/22 (just over 25 hours elapsed time)
Submitted to DHS: 24/05/22
Conditional Approval: 15/07/22
Pleasantly surprised as this was quite a bit quicker than I expected. Hoping to do EoA at JFK T7 late August.
Iamnotlost is offline  
Old Jul 21, 22, 9:14 pm
  #2157  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by josh100 View Post
Another data point:
GE / UK Citizen / First Time Application
Submitted to DHS: April 15th
Conditional Approval: July 9th
Flight to TPA booked for July 19th, will try EoA as no interview dates available

We completed EoA at TPA on the 19th. We were told to wait until all the passengers had been processed then come back to the window to be interviewed. So after waiting an hour and a half, the 'interview' process took about 10 mins to collect photos and fingerprints. Very friendly guy, only questions he asked were if we were US residents and if we held any other passports. Didn't ask to see our proof of address either. Status changed to Approved the next morning.
josh100 is offline  
Old Jul 25, 22, 3:37 pm
  #2158  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nottingham
Programs: BA Gold, Delta Platinum
Posts: 575
Everytime I've used Global Entry since receiving it, I've had the big "X" on the printed ticket. Is that normal? I've flown into MCO, BWI and PHL.
c1223 is offline  
Old Jul 25, 22, 4:39 pm
  #2159  
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VNY | BUR | LAX
Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Posts: 18,086
Originally Posted by c1223 View Post
Everytime I've used Global Entry since receiving it, I've had the big "X" on the printed ticket. Is that normal? I've flown into MCO, BWI and PHL.
It is not normal.

Plese refer to the following thread:
TWA884 is offline  
Old Jul 30, 22, 12:20 pm
  #2160  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Glasgow, UK
Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Posts: 2,038
Originally Posted by cwl View Post
Assuming your point of entry into the US offers Enrolment of Arrival at the time you arrive just tell the immigration officer you want to do EonA and they tell you where to go (don't follow the EonA signage at JFK terminal 8 as it will send you to the wrong place, EonA at JFK is by customs inspection after baggage reclaim). No appointment, just join the queue, process take no more than 10 mins, just depends how many people are in front of you for EonA when you arrive.
Just a word of caution on this - my GE renewal is conditionally approved and I arrived on 5 July into JFK T8 expecting to use EoA to complete the process however the EoA booth was not operational that day. No idea how often that occurs, but it's obviously kind of inconvenient. In the meantime my GA still works, but at some point I guess this might become more of an issue. I've also tried to get an online appointment, but there are absolutely none available at this time.
Captain Schmidt is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread