Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Travel&Dining

Travel Safety/Security

Trusted Travelers

Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewals for UK Citizens

Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewals for UK Citizens

    Hide Wikipost
Old May 18, 22, 11:19 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: TWA884
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 29, 22, 6:09 am
  #2086  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: UK
Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Posts: 2,481
Either I got lucky or things are improving on the timelines recently reported here. For a recent renewal, just over 24 hours for UK Border Force code (pretty typical, I think). Full approval received from CBP just over 11 days after submitting renewal application online. No interview (virtual or physical) required.

Wasn't concerned about it, given the 24 month extension currently in place for renewals, but nice to have it sorted so quickly for the next 5 years.
jms_uk likes this.
Oaxaca is offline  
Old Apr 3, 22, 4:23 am
  #2087  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by Oaxaca View Post
Either I got lucky or things are improving on the timelines recently reported here. For a recent renewal, just over 24 hours for UK Border Force code (pretty typical, I think). Full approval received from CBP just over 11 days after submitting renewal application online. No interview (virtual or physical) required.

Wasn't concerned about it, given the 24 month extension currently in place for renewals, but nice to have it sorted so quickly for the next 5 years.
I feel got lucky personally also am not sure if it makes a difference that you asked for renewal prior to the expiry of the previous one? Was your travel history blank for other countries just out of curiosity

thanks
AlanA likes this.
munchybunch is offline  
Old Apr 3, 22, 11:40 am
  #2088  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: UK
Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Posts: 2,481
Originally Posted by munchybunch View Post
I feel got lucky personally also am not sure if it makes a difference that you asked for renewal prior to the expiry of the previous one? Was your travel history blank for other countries just out of curiosity

thanks
Its not a renewal if you apply after the previous one expires, its basically a new application (and you dont benefit from the extension while your application is processed). I applied before the old one expired. My travel history was not blank, it had around 20 other countries in the last 5 years, apart from US/CA/MX.
Oaxaca is offline  
Old Apr 3, 22, 2:40 pm
  #2089  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 17
Originally Posted by Oaxaca View Post
Its not a renewal if you apply after the previous one expires, its basically a new application (and you dont benefit from the extension while your application is processed). I applied before the old one expired. My travel history was not blank, it had around 20 other countries in the last 5 years, apart from US/CA/MX.
Agree but if you look at the dp above you can see that even those who have renewed before expiry haven't had renewals that much quicker than those who are freshly applying.

Also if you apply after the previous one expires it still does say 'renew membership' which you click on still to continue and has all your previous info saved like employers home addresses etc so would hesitate to say it's a fresh application. Yes you do lose out on the benefit extension while processing agree.

Would say your wait was atypical but saw a family of US citizens where 2 got it within a week and the minors were waiting months so I think it's purely luck of the draw largely
munchybunch is offline  
Old Apr 25, 22, 7:17 am
  #2090  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nottingham
Programs: BA Gold, Delta Platinum
Posts: 548
New application.

Applied 28 Jan
Conditionally approved 19 Apr
Approved 25 Apr

Conveniently was flying into the US very shortly after my application was conditionally approved. The only issue I had was that I needed to send them a scan of my second British passport. I was given a local email address for the airport that I arrived at. 2 days later, application approved. The "interview" didn't really seem like an interview. Conducted at the same desks as normal passport checks. Come to think of it, he barely event asked me a single question except "do you have your driving licence" and some plesantries like "how was the flight".
c1223 is offline  
Old May 6, 22, 8:33 am
  #2091  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 4
I have received my GE conditional approval on 26th April 2022 after applying 31st December 2021.

I'm certain when my approval came through I had a notice on the GE website that I needed to schedule an interview by 25th May otherwise my application would be cancelled. However, now that warning doesn't seem to appear anywhere. All that is mentioned now is that I have to complete the Enrolment within 730 days and that if I use EoA I won't need to schedule an interview.

Is this a change, that you now no longer need to schedule an interview within 30 days? The reason I am asking is that I am scheduled to arrive in MIA on 25th May and given current reliability of some scheduled flights I am concerned that if I was delayed I would arrive in US on 26th May... to find my application cancelled.
TriTaxMan is offline  
Old May 7, 22, 1:42 am
  #2092  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 2,365
Originally Posted by TriTaxMan View Post
I have received my GE conditional approval on 26th April 2022 after applying 31st December 2021.

I'm certain when my approval came through I had a notice on the GE website that I needed to schedule an interview by 25th May otherwise my application would be cancelled. However, now that warning doesn't seem to appear anywhere. All that is mentioned now is that I have to complete the Enrolment within 730 days and that if I use EoA I won't need to schedule an interview.

Is this a change, that you now no longer need to schedule an interview within 30 days? The reason I am asking is that I am scheduled to arrive in MIA on 25th May and given current reliability of some scheduled flights I am concerned that if I was delayed I would arrive in US on 26th May... to find my application cancelled.
The time to schedule an appointment has been extended to 2 years but you can book an in-person slot now and reschedule it for any time in that period.

If you are travelling to MIA with BA then you may not be able to EoA. BA uses concourse E which is very compact and Ive not seen a line there for EoA. This is possible in concourse D which AA uses.
Steve_ZA is offline  
Old May 10, 22, 1:41 am
  #2093  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: AFC
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 281
Brand new application (never had GE before): 14 March
Conditional Approval: 9 May

Im going to the US on Thursday! Hows that for lucky timing.

Any comments or tips or advice for EOA at JFK T7 (arriving on BA). Is it all pretty straightforward? The GE website seems to suggest I need to go to booth 1
Percy Pig is offline  
Old May 10, 22, 8:37 am
  #2094  
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: VNY | BUR | LAX
Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Posts: 17,574
Originally Posted by Percy Pig View Post
Any comments or tips or advice for EOA at JFK T7 (arriving on BA). Is it all pretty straightforward? The GE website seems to suggest I need to go to booth 1
Please refer to the following thread:

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
Originally Posted by S_W_S View Post
Just to follow up on JFK T7 as I did my interview earlier, a short wait to see an officer to be admitted, then he pointed me at a place to sit whilst someone became free who could do the interview, but he warned it could take a while. In the end it was just over an hour and they said I'd find out if I've been approved in the next day or so.
Percy Pig likes this.
TWA884 is offline  
Old May 10, 22, 9:38 am
  #2095  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: AFC
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 281
Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
Please refer to the following thread:
thank you
Percy Pig is offline  
Old May 10, 22, 11:43 pm
  #2096  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: York, UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Posts: 1,081
Just to follow up on my post in the other thread, does anyone know how long it should take to receive approval?

On Saturday I was given the welcome to GE leaflet and one about Pre check, but so far my application is still showing conditional approval. They said it should be next day, but on Sunday AA were unable to print me a BP with Precheck, and on checking my account I saw I hadn't been approved yet.
S_W_S is offline  
Old May 11, 22, 1:10 pm
  #2097  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Gold, HH
Posts: 190
Originally Posted by S_W_S View Post
Just to follow up on my post in the other thread, does anyone know how long it should take to receive approval?

On Saturday I was given the welcome to GE leaflet and one about Pre check, but so far my application is still showing conditional approval. They said it should be next day, but on Sunday AA were unable to print me a BP with Precheck, and on checking my account I saw I hadn't been approved yet.
I applied on the 2nd Feb and am still waiting for approval.
Similar to you from the sounds of it I have been back and forth several times to the US, from the UK during this time.
No welcome pack/ leaflet received
carat22 is offline  
Old May 11, 22, 1:39 pm
  #2098  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spitalfields, London
Programs: BA Gold, *A Silver, VS Silver, ITA Volare Premium, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier
Posts: 1,722
Originally Posted by Percy Pig View Post
Brand new application (never had GE before): 14 March
Conditional Approval: 9 May

Im going to the US on Thursday! Hows that for lucky timing.

Any comments or tips or advice for EOA at JFK T7 (arriving on BA). Is it all pretty straightforward? The GE website seems to suggest I need to go to booth 1
Do you mind if I ask what passport you have? I applied before 14th March and have not received the approval yet so sweating a little (UK passport)
choosethedrew is offline  
Old May 11, 22, 2:03 pm
  #2099  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: York, UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Posts: 1,081
Originally Posted by carat22 View Post
I applied on the 2nd Feb and am still waiting for approval.
Similar to you from the sounds of it I have been back and forth several times to the US, from the UK during this time.
No welcome pack/ leaflet received
Do you mean conditional approval or full approval? I got the former in November 2020 and did my interview last Saturday on arrival at JFK.

Still no update today, I might give the JFK enrollment centre a call tomorrow.
S_W_S is offline  
Old May 11, 22, 3:16 pm
  #2100  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: AFC
Programs: BA Silver
Posts: 281
Originally Posted by choosethedrew View Post
Do you mind if I ask what passport you have? I applied before 14th March and have not received the approval yet so sweating a little (UK passport)
hi

uk passport as well.
Percy Pig is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread