Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewals for UK Citizens

Global Entry Procedures and Timelines of Applications and Renewals for UK Citizens

Hide Wikipost
Old May 18, 22, 11:19 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TWA884
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Mar 2, 22, 6:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Silver, VS Silver, ITA Volare Premium, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier
Originally Posted by TWA884 View Post
Global Entry enrollment interviews in Dublin are conducted only at the US CBP preclearance facility when departing on flights to the US.
OK, that is that then! Thank you.
Old Mar 3, 22, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by choosethedrew View Post
Hi all,

Does anyone know if it’s possible for a UK passport holder to enrol with global entry in DUB, without arriving from the US, ie I will take a day trip there from the UK?

I have a short connection at JFK T8 in September and will be in the wrong terminal for enrolment at arrival, plus I don’t think I will have time to go to T4.
According to the EOA page on the CBP website it's available

Terminal Eight America Airlines, Booth #1
6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.

I would take a punt and just ask politly when you get there even if it's after the official hours to see if it can be done. You could pleed confusion as to whether 12.00 am is midnight or noon

And of course depending on your travel movements you could make an appointment elsewhere during your visit.
Old Mar 3, 22, 10:56 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAdvantage | MileagePlus
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
You could pleed confusion as to whether 12.00 am is midnight or noon
In the United States, 12:00 am is midnight and 12:00 pm is noon.
Old Mar 3, 22, 8:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Silver, VS Silver, ITA Volare Premium, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
According to the EOA page on the CBP website it's available

Terminal Eight America Airlines, Booth #1
6:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.

I would take a punt and just ask politly when you get there even if it's after the official hours to see if it can be done. You could pleed confusion as to whether 12.00 am is midnight or noon

And of course depending on your travel movements you could make an appointment elsewhere during your visit.
Thank you so much, for some reason when viewing on a mobile I only saw JFK T4.

Do you know if enrolment on arrival includes global entry on that occasion? Or not, as you aren't fully enrolled yet?
Old Mar 4, 22, 4:31 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Originally Posted by rhysflies View Post
Got my conditional approval back yesterday, so a 104 day turnaround.

Is there an easy way to find out which enrollment centers accept walk-ins? Or do generally all of them?
My conditional approval (for renewal) came through yesterday - 105 days for me so pretty much the same timeframe as yours.
jms_uk likes this.
Old Mar 4, 22, 10:38 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by choosethedrew View Post
Do you know if enrolment on arrival includes global entry on that occasion? Or not, as you aren't fully enrolled yet?
The Enrollment on Arrival program allows Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved to complete their enrollment interview and receive final approval of their Global Entry application upon arrival into the United States. You cannot use the Global Entry Kiosk until after you had received final approval of your application

Please refer to the following threads for additional information:
choosethedrew likes this.

Last edited by TWA884; Mar 4, 22 at 3:30 pm
Old Mar 4, 22, 3:19 pm

Programs: Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt View Post
My conditional approval (for renewal) came through yesterday - 105 days for me so pretty much the same timeframe as yours.
Same timeline, but interesting that some get conditional approval for renewal and some get full approval.
Old Mar 5, 22, 12:07 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
Originally Posted by jms_uk View Post
Same timeline, but interesting that some get conditional approval for renewal and some get full approval.
I'd hoped that having just been into the US a couple of weeks ago that I might not have to do the interview but other than that trip, my travel history to the US in the last two years was zero (like many others obviously) so maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway, have another couple of trips lined up in the next 6 months so will arrange the interview for the next one.
Old Mar 5, 22, 4:37 am

Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt View Post
IAnyway, have another couple of trips lined up in the next 6 months so will arrange the interview for the next one.
Don't forget that an Enrollment on Arrival interview is an option. It eliminates the need for scheduling an interview at an enrollment center to receive final approval of the Global Entry application.
AirbusA350 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 22, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by gaz82 View Post
Applied for a UK background check on November 24th. Got the code back within a couple of hours.

Applied for Global Entry the same day.

Travelling to IAD on January 14th so hopefully I’ll get conditional approval before then!
Conditional Approval received today, so 105 days since applying.

Travelling to MCO on April 18th so hopefully can get enrolment on arrival that day!
Old Mar 9, 22, 12:17 pm

Tell us how you get on, hoping to do the same in November
Old Mar 10, 22, 7:39 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Update

Renewal:

Applied for code from BF: 25th Nov
Code Received: 25th Nov
Applied for Renewal: 26th Nov
Conditional Approval: N/A
Interview: N/A
Approved: 10th March

This includes a change of job and a change of address since last time, so i was surprised for no interview
Old Mar 29, 22, 3:48 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Plat, DL PM
Apologise if this has been asked and answered before.

Ive got UK and NZ passports and am moving to the US on a work visa. Can I apply for Global Entry under the UK scheme and still use my NZ passport to enter and exit the US? Or would I always need to use my UK passport?

Im hoping once you got GE and TSAPreCheck through the UK passport it wont matter from a domestic travel perspective and its just whether GE is tied to the passport or the person.
Old Mar 29, 22, 4:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
GE is tied to the specific passport you applied with, so I would expect you have to use your UK passport to enter the US if you want GE.

For domestic travel I don't think it matters as long as you have some form of valid ID, you would just enter your KTN in to your booking to get TSAPre.
NZ_Flyer, TWA884 and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Mar 29, 22, 5:12 am

Programs: NZ Elite, QF Plat, DL PM
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
GE is tied to the specific passport you applied with, so I would expect you have to use your UK passport to enter the US if you want GE.

For domestic travel I don't think it matters as long as you have some form of valid ID, you would just enter your KTN in to your booking to get TSAPre.
OK great. Thanks for this. Much appreciated. Now just have to see if I can get the E-2 visa linked to both passports or if have to choose one or the other.

Search this Thread