Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2022, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by AlanA
Hi all,
I have a problem that I’m hoping one of you may be able to help.
my iPad Pro died (charging port issue) and it had my login.gov authenticator and copy of conditional approval email.
I couldn’t log in so only choice was to delete my login.gov account email and then re insert it.
problem us it’s asking for my global entry number, which I don’t have, so I’m stuck.
I’ve emailed DHS for help but has anyone else been in this situation?
im hoping I don’t have to start all over again
If you have an ESTA, it maybe on an there, just check your esta application and it may show
Old Jan 29, 2022, 1:32 pm

Just checked my ESTA, it’s expiring this month, but no number apart from the esta application number on it.
loojs like I will have to ring the USA, as I’m not getting any response to my email. Not surprising really, with the amount they probably get…
Old Jan 30, 2022, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I'm seeing my full application on line from application last November.

Did you click 'view' on the 'authorisation approved' page where is shows name / application and passport numbers and expiry dates?

It's on the far right on the line that shows those details.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 7:51 am

Right. Issue sorted.
in the end I rang the help line for outside the US phone number +1-202-325-8000.
pressed a few buttons to get to global entry help and wasthrough in 10 mins 1430 uk time
(good hold music by the way, Santana)
had to give my name, address, dob, city and county of birth, did that and was given my passid
easy in the end

thank you all for your help and advice.
passid now secreted in various places and types lol
alex67500 and Tocsin like this.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
For a renewal, should you get the UKBF code before starting any of the renewal process on TTP site, or is there something you have to do on TTP before getting the UKBF code? Appreciate any insight.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 10:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
For a renewal, should you get the UKBF code before starting any of the renewal process on TTP site, or is there something you have to do on TTP before getting the UKBF code? Appreciate any insight.
just follow the process on the ttp site once you click on renew, i think it will prompt you to go off and get your uk code at a certain point.

the uk code usually comes within a day or two so there isn't much to be gained by going off and doing it first even if that does work.
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by KARFA
just follow the process on the ttp site once you click on renew, i think it will prompt you to go off and get your uk code at a certain point.

the uk code usually comes within a day or two so there isn't much to be gained by going off and doing it first even if that does work.
Yup. This.

It very quickly gets to the 'enter your UK reference code to continue' part and you can go no further without it anyway.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by MatthewRob
I wasn’t travelling during COVID so forgot my GE was expired in May 2021 and missed clicking renew before it expired.

* British Citizen so got Border Force code less than 24 hours after applying on 7 Oct 21
* Applied for GE renewal 7 Oct 2021
* Travelled without GE entering US on 12/11, 19/11 and 28/12
* Received conditional approval 10 Jan 22 -- total of 95 days wait.

Now to schedule an interview. There are no remote Zoom interviews available. Best location looks to be Miami which has interviews available tomorrow. Some locations have interviews in March. Some have none. Will probably do on arrival on my next trip.
May I ask did your pass/trusted traveller id change with renewal? Also when you travelled while pending renewal did you enter your old PASS id into the esta form or not? Thanks your input
Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:43 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by munchybunch
May I ask did your pass/trusted traveller id change with renewal? Also when you travelled while pending renewal did you enter your old PASS id into the esta form or not? Thanks your input
The PASS ID stays the same.
KARFA likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 12:33 am

Programs: BA, UA, Marriot
My GE expired in Jan this year. I applied for renewal in November but application is still awaiting "conditional approval". As I understand it, due to the backlog I can continue to use my "expired" GE for a grace period of up to 48 months. Flying to the US next week for the first time since I ticked past the original expiry date so does anyone here have experience of actually entering with an expired GE similar to mine?
Old Feb 11, 2022, 11:20 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt
My GE expired in Jan this year. I applied for renewal in November but application is still awaiting "conditional approval". As I understand it, due to the backlog I can continue to use my "expired" GE for a grace period of up to 48 months. Flying to the US next week for the first time since I ticked past the original expiry date so does anyone here have experience of actually entering with an expired GE similar to mine?
The official grace period is only 18 months (some members have reported receiving trusted travelers benefits for up to 24 months past their current expiration dates). Please refer to the following threads in the Trusted Travelers forum:
Old Feb 11, 2022, 3:12 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Captain Schmidt
Not sure where you get 48 months from?

When I log in and where it shows that my renewal is pending review, it clearly shows 24 months. (increased from 18)

Old Feb 12, 2022, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
The PASS ID stays the same.
Thanks for that i got a new application ID when I filled in my renewal so thought ?my new PASS ID would change to that. Also when applying for a new ESTA in the interim while waiting for the renewal would it be best to leave the PASS ID/Global entry section blank?
Old Feb 12, 2022, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
The official grace period is only 18 months (some members have reported receiving trusted travelers benefits for up to 24 months past their current expiration dates). Please refer to the following threads in the Trusted Travelers forum:
Thanks, been through those threads, but the vast majority of posts in the first thread are US citizens - I'm really looking for an answer from another British citizen whose GE has expired who has then entered the US during the granted grace period (and my mistake it is indeed 24 months) to understand if there were any issues on entry. Anyway, I'm flying on Monday so will find out first hand.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Not sure where you get 48 months from?

When I log in and where it shows that my renewal is pending review, it clearly shows 24 months. (increased from 18)

Yes, as per my response to TWA884, that's my error - my account does also say 24 months. By any chance have you entered and taken advantage of the grace period after your GE has expired?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.