Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2022, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by gaz82
Applied for a UK background check on November 24th. Got the code back within a couple of hours.

Applied for Global Entry the same day.

Travelling to IAD on January 14th so hopefully I’ll get conditional approval before then!
Still waiting for conditional approval as of today..

Can I ask, those of you that have approval did you get an email when you were conditionally approved or did you have to keep logging into the TTP website every few days to check?
Old Jan 2, 2022, 11:24 am

Can I ask, those of you that have approval did you get an email when you were conditionally approved or did you have to keep logging into the TTP website every few days to check?
I got an email telling me the status had changed and to log on and check. I wouldn’t necessarily rely on getting one though.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 12:37 pm

Flying into JFK on the 4th. Conditionally approved so looking at Enrolling on Arrival, when I get off the plane do I have to stand in that long [mod edit] queue for immigration or do I walk to a different area or mention to someone that I need an Interview for GE?

Thanks

Last edited by TWA884; Jan 2, 2022 at 2:10 pm Reason: FT Rule 16: Using symbols, spaces or other methods to mask vulgarities is not allowed.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 2:21 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by LeonardIngle
Flying into JFK on the 4th. Conditionally approved so looking at Enrolling on Arrival, when I get off the plane do I have to stand in that long [mod edit] queue for immigration or do I walk to a different area or mention to someone that I need an Interview for GE?

Thanks
Take a look at this thread:

Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
Originally Posted by kjbclt
Here's a data point in case anyone would find this helpful. I landed at T8 at JFK on 17 December around 2:30pm. I asked the staff member directing people where to go for enrollment on arrival. She advised me to mention it to the CBP agent during my entry process. I did so and the agent sent me down behind booth 1, to speak with another agent there. That agent flagged down a third agent passing by to ask if he had time to do EOA, and he said he did. The process was very smooth with just a few questions, followed by photo and fingerprints and an explanation of the program. I was approved about an hour later.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA PRO, BA, QF, UA, DL, Marriott, Priority Rewards Gold

Today I finally got my email with a status change that was conditional approval. Applied on 7 October, so 95 days wait.

Last edited by MatthewRob; Jan 10, 2022 at 2:44 pm Reason: missed quote
Old Jan 10, 2022, 4:08 pm

I applied October 14, still nothing, but I have a very eclectic list of countries visited including North Korea, Russia, Bahrain etc, so not holding out hope that it will be quick.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 11:59 am

Thumbs down

Hi all,
I have a problem that I’m hoping one of you may be able to help.
my iPad Pro died (charging port issue) and it had my login.gov authenticator and copy of conditional approval email.
I couldn’t log in so only choice was to delete my login.gov account email and then re insert it.
problem us it’s asking for my global entry number, which I don’t have, so I’m stuck.
I’ve emailed DHS for help but has anyone else been in this situation?
im hoping I don’t have to start all over again
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by AlanA
Hi all,
my iPad Pro died (charging port issue) and it had my login.gov authenticator and copy of conditional approval email.
I couldn’t log in so only choice was to delete my login.gov account email and then re insert it.
problem us it’s asking for my global entry number, which I don’t have, so I’m stuck.
And you can't access that email account online or on another device?
And have no backup of iPad?

If the answer to both questions is no, you should really either start doing at least one of those two, or start printing/writing things down - bit tricky relying on a single mobile device...
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Hi all,
Surely you can recover the old account from your Apple ID on a new device, including emails and passwords.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by jms_uk
And you can't access that email account online or on another device?
And have no backup of iPad?

If the answer to both questions is no, you should really either start doing at least one of those two, or start printing/writing things down - bit tricky relying on a single mobile device...
yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
I thought there was a iCloud backup, but when the tablet went down, I found it wasn’t in the backup.
I had it on my main desktop, but without the Authenticator, wasn’t going to work. And there is a gap in even my BT server account for may 21 to October 21.
just a perfect storm tbh.
I normally also take a pdf of the date, nope, not this time lol
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Surely you can recover the old account from your Apple ID on a new device, including emails and passwords.
only if it’s backed up to the iCloud and the one there didn’t include the authenticator data, which I now know has to be transferred manually..
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but can you not access your email server from any other device? If you received an email from DHS at some point, it will have you number on it.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:50 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Hi all,
Did you save the personal key which you received when you created your login.gov account? It's the only way to regain access to your account if you lose your password or phone (if you have a cellular phone number associated with your login.gov account).

Please refer to the following thread:
Old Jan 24, 2022, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but can you not access your email server from any other device? If you received an email from DHS at some point, it will have you number on it.
yes, did that through BT server, but as part of the perfect storm, there is a gap in my emails held there for 6 months in 2021.
what could go wrong has tbh

Originally Posted by TWA884
Did you save the personal key which you received when you created your login.gov account? It's the only way to regain access to your account if you lose your password or phone (if you have a cellular phone number associated with your login.gov account).

Please refer to the following thread:
no, it was done through Google Authenticator, which was on the old iPad app.
to transfer to another version of the authenticator, you have to do it manually, which I can’t do as the iPad is toast.
Had to buy another iPad, not happy last one only lasted 2.5 years and Apple don’t repair failed usbc ports

Last edited by TWA884; Jan 24, 2022 at 1:07 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member. Please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old Jan 24, 2022, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Really is a perfect storm and a valuable lesson to back up these things. With things like this I also print out the personal key and additionally write it down in a little booklet I keep in a safe.

I am not sure you will get far with DHS email, but what you can do (a friend of mine did something similar a few years ago) is pop into the DHS GE interview office on your next trip and have them help you.

There are two kinds of people, those who back up and those who will.
AlanA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.